Nassau County Tax Lien Sale

Nassau County Tax Lien Sale

Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes

Can anyone give me some insight on buying tax liens in Nassau County NY. The process, tips, cautionary tales etc.

0Reply
21 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    @Nicole H. I have invested in tax liens for 15 years. I can't help with any specifics of
    Nassau County. I can tell you that in most areas today, tax lien investing is much harder and more competitive that you might expect.

    There are many gurus, videos, blogs etc selling the benefits of tax liens. They often talk about high returns and low risk. Due to the intense competition both are rare today.  I don't tell this to intimidate you or scare you away but simply to give you a more realistic expectation of what you can expect.

    A good idea is to look at last years results to see how people are bidding in your area to give you a clear idea of what to expect. Good luck

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Ned Carey will do! Thanks for the tip, I'll try to do that.

  • New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 215 posts · 50 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nicole H.:

    Can anyone give me some insight on buying tax liens in Nassau County NY. The process, tips, cautionary tales etc.

     I do not buy in Nassau County, but  I do buy in other parts of NY

  • Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Eli Lederman what areas do you prefer in nyc and why?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.