Property Manager recommendations Portland & Wash County?

Property Manager recommendations Portland & Wash County?

Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 107 posts · 27 votes

I am looking for a property manager for a couple properties.  

(My previous property manager was quite good -- disciplined, organized, clear, skilled, etc.. Alas, she retired, sold the business, and the new management is hilariously bad.) 

One property is a fourplex in Tigard, and the other is a SFR in East Portland.

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
8y
Sorry that I can’t recommend anyone, Jefferson. But I am in the same boat - looking for a property manager for a Beaverton 4-plex. I will let you know if I find someone good! PS what’s the name of your old manager that is now hilariously bad? (So I can avoid :))
See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Sorry that I can’t recommend anyone, Jefferson. But I am in the same boat - looking for a property manager for a Beaverton 4-plex. I will let you know if I find someone good! PS what’s the name of your old manager that is now hilariously bad? (So I can avoid :))
  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    I am also interested in finding a good property management company.  I have a 4-plex in Beaverton.  Once I find a good management company, I'll recommend them in this forum post.

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I had a very positive experience with Mcneeley property management in SW Portland. They service a lot of surrounding areas. Very clear, prompt and professional. I am planning to use them again on my next Portland SFR as soon as I can find one!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 149 votes
    8y

    I use Uptown Properties for my rentals. You can find out more on their website. Let me know what you think.

  • 97006 · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Sorry for sidetracking, but i am starting out into real estate investing and looking for a decent property around Portland area (I live in Beaverton). Where did you guys find these properties?

    Kundan

  • Realtor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 357 posts · 259 votes
    7y

    Hi @Kundan Chand , opportunities are out there... what are you looking to do? Rehab? Buy and Hold? House hack? What are you doing now to try and find deals?

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    I would talk to Landlord Solutions. I haven't used them, but I'm friends with the owner and I think he's very competent and above board. They're definitely worth at least looking into. 

  • 97006 · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi Chace - I am looking to buy property to rent out and hopefully generate positive cash flow. I am okay with house hack as well, if can find a decent property to stay with family and kid. I am currently exploring bigger pockets forum for any deals but cannot find much near Beaverton/Hillsboro/Portland area.

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2012 · 163 posts · 121 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Syrios

    Hey Andrew,

    Landlord solutions is an eviction service here in Portland that we use.  Sam is amazing over there.  They don't manage properties as far as I know.  Check out our company.  Uptown Properties!

    Cheers,

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Chris Shepard:

    @Andrew Syrios

    Hey Andrew,

    Landlord solutions is an eviction service here in Portland that we use.  Sam is amazing over there.  They don't manage properties as far as I know.  Check out our company.  Uptown Properties!

    Cheers,

    Haha, Sam is actually one of my best friends! They have a small management company too from my understanding, but most of what they do is eviction services. I don't have anything in Portland otherwise I would check out Uptown Properties, but best of luck with your business!

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    My investment advisor also uses Jim McNeely.  She's a really sharp lady and says she's been pretty pleased with his services.  

  • Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    I have been working with Uptown properties for more than 2 years now. They are very professional and highly reliable.  I have recommended them to 2-3 of my friends and they are really glad they took my advice! Check them out here: 

    https://www.uptownpm.com/

  • Accountant · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Jefferson Smith Legacy Realty Group Property Management (based in Canby)

  • Property Manager · Portland · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Jefferson Smith

    I run a property management company that services properties in the Portland-Metro area. I realize you posted this awhile back, but if you happen to be still looking for a PM or are considering changing management companies, I'd love to connect with you. We focus primarily on 1-4 unit properties and could be a good fit for your portfolio. We're a smaller company than many of those mentioned here, but it helps us provide a higher level of service to you and your tenants.

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Justin Russell I'm interested in learning more about your PM company. What is your website?

  • Property Manager · Portland · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Originally posted by @Eli Coon:

    @Justin Russell I'm interested in learning more about your PM company. What is your website?

    Send me a Direct Message, as we're not allowed to self promote here. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.