FlipSystem by Antoine Martel

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 52 votes
3y

Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

See this reply in the discussion

180 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @James Wise Whats up with the 181 SFR Cleveland Package? How many have lead paint/POS violations?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brandon Skidmore:

    @James Wise Whats up with the 181 SFR Cleveland Package? How many have lead paint/POS violations?


  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Sent to you. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brandon Skidmore:

    Sent to you. 


     You're going to need to put together a complete and coherent thought/message if you want to discuss something with me. I dunno what you got going on bro. 

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    181 Portfolio/66K door/all section 8/ in your backyard thought you would know about it. my bad

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Greg H.:

    Why would a company find, Fund, renovate and flip and give you the profit? When it sounds to good to be true….it is

    Hey Greg, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). That is a valid question you ask. To be transparent, we are a for profit business that definitely wants to make money (we don’t pretend to do this for charity)! That being said, the overhead and team I had to build and maintain to scale a flipping business to 650+ flips with MartelTurnkey was exhaustive to say the least. Since the turnkey fix and flip business model is proven, it seemed to be a good opportunity to leverage the experience and success of my team to help others do the same. One of our clients at FlipSystem can reasonably do 2+ deals a month without having to “grow their own team”, by leveraging our existing teams on the ground and backend support at FlipSystem. I am a pretty firm believer that somebody does not have to lose in business just for somebody else to win; yes FlipSystem is successful, but so are our clients. Good old fashioned win-win.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Neil Patel:

    Greg, from my understanding, they're charging a hefty price in order to give you all these facilities. 

    Hey Neil, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). The program is not a cheap investment, and we are strong believers that it is well worth the value when applied correctly and efficiently. As others have said here, an investor can absolutely go and build a team on their own, but the trial and error of trying it on your own could definitely add up to more losses than the investment in the program cost. The other value proposition we add is that we have been personally investing in these markets for nearly 10 years through MartelTurnkey on over 650 projects, so in addition to just contacts, we help provide overall deal structure and analysis from a non-biased perspective (agents have their own agenda, PMs have their own, etc). A lot of our clients have “9-5” jobs, so they are willing to invest in our assistance to help them cut down on required input time and scale much quicker than if they were starting at ground level on their own. Of course we are not going to be the right fit for every investor, but happy to engage with you further if you have interest in hearing more about our value proposition.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Greg H.:
    Quote from @Neil Patel:

    Greg, from my understanding, they're charging a hefty price in order to give you all these facilities. 


    No doubt they are. I would still ask what they need you for as they are providing every piece of the puzzle?

    Also, who pays if the flip loses money?

    Hey again Greg, Antoine here (BP requires me to give this intro every time). We basically have two options as a for-profit company: A: scale massively with huge overhead (like we were doing at 50 deals a month at times at MartelTurnkey) or B: leverage our experience and success to train others how to be profitable with micro flips and be less vulnerable to market volatility and shifts. Our clients can scale from a few deals a year to 2+ deals a month, and back down if necessary.

    Long-story short, we don’t “need” the clients, and the clients don’t “need” us, but we have found there is a strong value provided to clients who do decide to work with us and want to avoid a lot of those early on trial and error pains and expenses. Happy to discuss further with you directly if you want to keep engaging.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Greg H.:
    Quote from @Neil Patel:

    Greg, from my understanding, they're charging a hefty price in order to give you all these facilities. 


    No doubt they are. I would still ask what they need you for as they are providing every piece of the puzzle?

    Also, who pays if the flip loses money?


    Armando Montalongo started the how to flip Guru programs and then Nick Vertucci followed suit.. there was a lot of pressure from the FTC as folks complained they lost  money..  you can buy Montalongos and Vertucci's witten materials on E bay for 50 bucks.. flipping houses right now has died down a ton. so Uber caution.
    Hey Jay, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). I definitely agree that there are a ton of great resources to read and view written (and visual) material about flipping and real estate investing in general — Bigger Pockets is probably the best example in real estate of just how much information you can obtain for free nowadays and don’t even need to pay the $50 on e-bay. At FlipSystem we are offering infinitely more than just written resources, and our clients value the ongoing coaching/advising, access to vetted teams, introductions to lenders and insurance companies etc that we offer. If somebody is just looking to read introductory information on flipping, then FlipSystem would not the best fit, but if an investor is looking to actively begin flipping out of state and focus on base-hit micro flips like I discussed in my recent Bigger Pocket podcast, then our program provides immense value that is unattainable from a low-priced resource such as just a book or recorded video.

    As you mentioned, flipping houses should always be done with caution and careful consideration. We intentionally provide a number of checks and balances within FlipSystem (deal analysis, rehab bid audits, and inspection report reviews just to name a few) to ensure that our team is always providing feedback and analysis to clients on their potential deals. By doing so, we can help our clients steer clear of potentially unprofitable deals, and maximize returns on successful projects by clearly identifying an exit strategy early-on and tailoring the overall project scope and strategy to align with that exit. As I’m sure you understand being a veteran in this industry, there is a big difference between just education and actual deal execution; we strive to provide both!
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chad Shultz:

    You don't need to by anyone's "system" for flipping houses. Your best bet is to find your local REIA chapter and join. There, you can learn anything you want about Real Estate Investing from actual investors who are in your area. Cost will be minimal compared to falling for the systems where they want to keep upselling you.

    Hey Chad, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). Totally agree that nobody “needs” to buy anyone’s system; FlipSystem is a program designed to help investors begin, scale, and succeed at a far faster rate than what they likely would on their own, often in a market they do not live in (I am a strong believer in “live where you want, and invest where makes sense”). As you mentioned, I had my start in real estate by simply networking with investors in my area. What I found was that investing in the market I lived in did not make any sense for the metrics I was trying to achieve, nor did I have the capital to compete in the LA market. By investing out of state I was able to hit the return metrics I was looking for while still living wherever I wanted (previously LA and now Miami). The ability to pivot into a refinance/BRRRR with positive cash flow was one of the big benefits I saw to not just staying within my local market. I absolutely think joining your local REIA is a great strategy to learn, network, raise money, and have fun with other investors, but for myself and the clients of MartelTurnkey and FlipSystem, most of them have decided it makes more financial sense to invest in places they do not live.
    We are transparent with our clients about the costs before they join, and there is no additional unknown “upselling” as you suggested. Happy to further explain our fee structure and value directly to anybody that is interested in hearing the details.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Chad Shultz:

    You don't need to by anyone's "system" for flipping houses. Your best bet is to find your local REIA chapter and join. There, you can learn anything you want about Real Estate Investing from actual investors who are in your area. Cost will be minimal compared to falling for the systems where they want to keep upselling you.


     $2,500.00 oh you want a lenders database another $2,500.00 oh now scope of work and rehab resources another $2,500.00 but wait then we have..

    SUPER MYSTERY WEEKEND in Vegas! 

    Hey Nate, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). Super Mystery Weekend in Vegas sounds fun…but the alluded to fee structure is definitely not what we do at FlipSystem. If you have heard that is how we charge for the value provided, then unfortunately somebody is spreading very false information. As always, happy to connect directly about everything we provide for a fixed fee, and the investing strategy we help our clients achieve.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Neil Patel:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Chad Shultz:

    You don't need to by anyone's "system" for flipping houses. Your best bet is to find your local REIA chapter and join. There, you can learn anything you want about Real Estate Investing from actual investors who are in your area. Cost will be minimal compared to falling for the systems where they want to keep upselling you.


     $2,500.00 oh you want a lenders database another $2,500.00 oh now scope of work and rehab resources another $2,500.00 but wait then we have..

    SUPER MYSTERY WEEKEND in Vegas! 


     Nate, has this been your experience with the program or are you talking in general?

    Hey Neil, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). Happy to let Nate chime in, however I did a search of our system and I do not see we have discussed in detail our program with anybody named Nate Marshall. Nonetheless, if you would like to hear directly from the source everything we provide to our clients and the associated fee we charge for that value, I am more than happy to discuss with you further. I will say that the alluded to fee structure of essentially up-charging or “a la carte” costs is definitely not how we have structured our business. Regardless, hope you find the right resource for you to scale your real estate investing whether it be with FlipSystem or another path.
  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Hello BP,

    I’m a FlipSystem client myself and I am seeing a lot of comments bashing FlipSystem, so I wanted to shed some light on the good that comes out of working with the FlipSystem team.

    I’m 27, live in Southern California, and up until last year, had never invested in real estate before. I had a corporate job doing commercial property management and hated it, so wanted to find a way to be more entrepreneurial and take control of my income potential and career.

    I’ll get ahead of some of you here by acknowledging that I do work for FlipSystem. I will also say that I would not be working for the company or advocating for the program if it didn’t work for myself and countless clients we are currently working with. I do not get any special treatment or preferential deal flow by working for the company.

    In 2023, I went full cycle on 6 deals. In 2024, I currently have 1 under construction and 3 more under contract as I scale up to average 2+ deals / month.

    My deals have all profited anywhere from $13,500 to $23,500 (cash-on-cash returns of 60-91%). If you want proof, DM me.

    We advertise sight unseen, remote investing, and this is absolutely true in my case. I have never been to my market, met my team on the ground, or seen a deal I’ve purchased in person.

    Can you figure out how to do this on your own? Yes. Are returns guaranteed? No. This is investing, and investing involves risk. FlipSystem presents a shortcut and reduces your risk of making costly mistakes to essentially zero.

    For anyone who is on the fence of deciding whether investing in this program is worth it, I invite you to try doing this on your own first. Try picking a market, building a reliable team, finding consistent deal flow, analyzing properties, building relationships with lenders, and producing consistent and profitable exits.

    I’m happy to extend any personal anecdotes regarding my experience to anyone who reaches out. Or, book a call with us to learn more.

    You can also follow me on Instagram @apex_realtypartners where I’ll be documenting my real estate journey.

    Drew

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jimmy Lieu:

    This sounds like a good example of someone making more money from selling courses than from actually doing the flipping themselves - would beware

    Hey Jimmy, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). We scaled from 0 to over 650 flips in 10 years. Admittedly, scaling past 50 deals per month is really really difficult (for a whole bunch of reasons I would be happy to discuss in DM if you would like). Rather than just maintaining at 20-30+ deals a month, we decided it was the best use of our experience and previous success to leverage our knowledge and resources to help other investors start their journey on a similar path. Personally I would much rather learn from somebody who has a proven track record of completing hundreds of deals, than somebody who has completed just a few deals, regardless of what that person may or may not be making from educating others.
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Cody Bacon:
    Quote from @Kelsie Wadsworth:
    Quote from @Kelsie Wadsworth:

    I just joined FlipSystem. I can give a report here as I go on how it is.

    So far so good, they set me up with Sean Potts as my coach. He connected me with a property manager and realtor in Detroit after helping me select it as the right market for me according to my budget, goals and risk tolerance. He said he has never gotten any negative feedback back from students about those he has connected me with, and they've been good for me so far—they have already been very responsive, like within minutes, to my emails. The whole Flipsystem community communicates through Discord, and I see my questions answered almost immediately there! Including from Antoine himself. they are creating an LLC for me that will be 100% free for the first 12 months. I am still 100% fresh, but so far it seems legit and I am getting really excited.


    What will the LLC cost you after a year? And what will they be charging you for?

    Hey Cody, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). Happy to engage with you directly about LLC costs after the first year, a lot of it has to do with how you set it up to begin with (which state, did you use a registered agent, etc). Shoot me a DM if you are still interested and want to chat further about any of the costs or value we provide.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.
  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 734 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.

     He is just making up numbers Jay. Just like Madoff did for his victims. He can't even keep them straight, Might want to find an app to keep his lies and fraud straight. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.

     He is just making up numbers Jay. Just like Madoff did for his victims. He can't even keep them straight, Might want to find an app to keep his lies and fraud straight. 


     Saw him talk about doing 20-30 flips a month in this thread as well. That also doesn't jive with the 650 flips over 10yrs.

    650 over a decade, 65 flips a year, that's a lot, bit it's doable. 20, 30 or 50 flips a month.....Lol, I'd be shocked if I saw anyone come close to that type of volume. That's just wildely unrealistic.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 734 votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.

     He is just making up numbers Jay. Just like Madoff did for his victims. He can't even keep them straight, Might want to find an app to keep his lies and fraud straight. 


     Saw him talk about doing 20-30 flips a month in this thread as well. That also doesn't jive with the 650 flips over 10yrs.

    650 over a decade, 65 flips a year, that's a lot, bit it's doable. 20, 30 or 50 flips a month.....Lol, I'd be shocked if I saw anyone come close to that type of volume. That's just wildely unrealistic.


     Another Clayton Morris. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.

     He is just making up numbers Jay. Just like Madoff did for his victims. He can't even keep them straight, Might want to find an app to keep his lies and fraud straight. 


     Saw him talk about doing 20-30 flips a month in this thread as well. That also doesn't jive with the 650 flips over 10yrs.

    650 over a decade, 65 flips a year, that's a lot, bit it's doable. 20, 30 or 50 flips a month.....Lol, I'd be shocked if I saw anyone come close to that type of volume. That's just wildely unrealistic.


     Another Clayton Morris. 

     I've been posting on BP for about 11 years now, it seems like every year somebody comes on here and talks a big game, fudges some numbers, gets exposed, then you never hear from them again.

    You've got Clayton Morris of course, then there was this one dude, Wendal De Guzman, then there was Matt Motil and several others I can't think of off the top of my head, but there's been a lot.

    I don't know if that's the story with Martel here, but the inconsistencies in the claims are typically a big ole red flag. I'm interested to hear Martel's explanation of the inconsistent numbers.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 734 votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.

     He is just making up numbers Jay. Just like Madoff did for his victims. He can't even keep them straight, Might want to find an app to keep his lies and fraud straight. 


     Saw him talk about doing 20-30 flips a month in this thread as well. That also doesn't jive with the 650 flips over 10yrs.

    650 over a decade, 65 flips a year, that's a lot, bit it's doable. 20, 30 or 50 flips a month.....Lol, I'd be shocked if I saw anyone come close to that type of volume. That's just wildely unrealistic.


     Another Clayton Morris. 


     I've been posting on BP for about 11 years now, it seems like every year somebody comes on here and talks a big game, fudges some numbers, gets exposed, then you never hear from them again.

    You've got Clayron Morris of course, then there was this one dude, Wendal De Guzman, then there was Matt Motil and several others I can't think of off the top of my head, but there's been a lot.

    I don't know if that's the story with Martel here, but the inconsistencies in the claims are typically a big ole red flag. I'm interested to hear Martel's explanation of the inconsistent numbers.


     If someone is legit they can produce numbers otherwise... 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @James Wise

    LOL with all your memes... I bought a 3lb bag of popcorn that snack on while reading BP forums hahaha

    I think with OOS investing whether with an agent, turnkey company, investors need to do tons of due diligence. Those pro forma numbers look great on paper whether flipping or buy and hold for rentals - I've talked to many California investors losing money in these inexpensive "cash flow" markets. 

    Good catch with the inconsistent numbers...flipping 50 houses a month...hmm? 

     Ryan Pineda said he made money flipping couches. I'm going to start my own program with the cat tree flipping - look for it soon (half serious). My business partner is super cute,  8 lbs furry, likes bird watching - she's about to become a social media influencer :) 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Becca F.:

    @James Wise

    LOL with all your memes... I bought a 3lb bag of popcorn that snack on while reading BP forums hahaha

    I think with OOS investing whether with an agent, turnkey company, investors need to do tons of due diligence. Those pro forma numbers look great on paper whether flipping or buy and hold for rentals - I've talked to many California investors losing money in these inexpensive "cash flow" markets. 

    Good catch with the inconsistent numbers...flipping 50 houses a month...hmm? 

     Ryan Pineda said he made money flipping couches. I'm going to start my own program with the cat tree flipping - look for it soon (half serious). My business partner is super cute,  8 lbs furry, likes bird watching - she's about to become a social media influencer :) 


  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Wise:
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Antoine Martel:
    Quote from @Becca F.:
    Quote from @Max S.:

    Jumping in here, I have gone through the calls for this system as I am very interested in the Flipsystem.  After reading the above, here are my thoughts:

    The flip system costs $15K one time to get in (at time of this post), and a couple hundred a month to use the proprietary CRM for managing deals.

    The reason I am interested in this is it is an all in one package.  They provide vetted deal flow, multiple vetted financing providers hard money etc, multiple vetted contractors and agents, Vetted PMs and more in the target market.  He came from the turnkey space in those markets so he's offering those resources he has already been using to sell the turnkey homes.

    Yes, as a few have mentioned, it is very possible to get these resources on your own but the goal here is to shortcut that.. and if you have the $ to do so you can save a lot of time...  And for those with full time W2s/families etc, that time is valuable.

    Of course there is some kick back in all these but why is that an issue?  They put in the time to get the resources so you don't have to!

    They also have one on one calls available for free with the mentors when you need to help with any questions and a weekly all group call and a discord for members to answer questions from experience.  Creates a good community mindset IMO. 

    As for the options, there are a few exit strategies, flip and sell, flip and sell turnkey, BRRRR

    If I do end up joining, I will reply back with my experience!

    I also got on a call with them in January and that’s exactly what they told me $15,000. I decided not to join and if I decide to do a flip I’ll talk to my Indiana realtor and her team of contractors and vendors. I know that market much better than the markets Antoine mentioned (Ohio, Michigan). I figured the $15,000 I would have spent on Flip System I would use that money to help renovate an Indiana SFH. Right now I’m buy and hold long term rentals, would consider a flip but need to do lots of research. 
    Hey Becca, Antoine here (owner of FlipSystem and MartelTurnkey). If you have an out of state team that you trust and have shown they can execute, then yes it definitely makes sense to leverage them (depending on the metrics of the market etc as well). Essentially that is exactly what we are doing with FlipSystem, leveraging the teams we built with MartelTurnkey that have helped us flip over 650 homes, and providing the same backend systems, support, and contacts to our FlipSystem clients to help them do the same. We have found that a lot of investors do not have proven resources in other markets/states and that the value we provide to them with those teams and systems in place is worth the investment. As you mentioned, there is a ton of research that is involved in flipping out of state, and we strive to significantly reduce that time spent researching by providing our 10+ years experience of successfully flipping hundreds of homes in out of state markets. A great benefit you have in your own scenario, that we also preach at FlipSystem, is the ability to utilize multiple exit strategies. Ideally if one of your flips does not go exactly according to plan, you can always refinance it and hold it as a cash-flowing rental. I hope your portfolio continues to grow with your existing team and that they can get a few flips going for you as well.

    Antoine,

    Just fact checking you here.. In one post you said you were doing 50 turn keys a month
    and then you say you have been doing this for 10 years ( which I have seen you around for 10 years so I think that checks out)  but now you say you have done 650 flips.. ???  

    I have been funding turnkey as a A and D lender since 2002 over 3000 transactions.. I have yet to see anyone actually do 50 a month..  5 to 10 sure.. and maybe REI nation gets close to that but they have like 50 employees and are extremely well capitalized and are in many markets.

    650 flips in 10 years is 65 a year and that I can believe so your sending out mix messages  Just sayin.

     He is just making up numbers Jay. Just like Madoff did for his victims. He can't even keep them straight, Might want to find an app to keep his lies and fraud straight. 


     Saw him talk about doing 20-30 flips a month in this thread as well. That also doesn't jive with the 650 flips over 10yrs.

    650 over a decade, 65 flips a year, that's a lot, bit it's doable. 20, 30 or 50 flips a month.....Lol, I'd be shocked if I saw anyone come close to that type of volume. That's just wildely unrealistic.

     A bit disappointing that @Antoine Martel hasn't clarified the number discrepancy's. Seems like an odd time to go dark on a thread he was so active in. I'd imagine a lot of people would like clarification on those discrepancy's that were noticed in the thread.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.