Free Rich Dad Seminar?

Free Rich Dad Seminar?

Rental Property Investor · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 13 votes

Has anyone been to one of Rich Dad's free seminars?  There's one coming up in my area and wondering if it's worth going to.  I just read the first book. I am sure they will attempt to sell more courses, but is there anything different you can get from the seminar that you can't in the books?

0Reply
68 views

Most Popular Reply

Allen, TX · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 22 votes
12y
I went to one of the Rich Dad seminars a few months ago. They hype the potential of real estate investing and try to get you to buy a ticket to the next training. They are rah rah and say, "don't you want to leave your job and have your own business?" About 100 times. They tell you it's so easy. Honestly I like the rich dad message, but this seminar tarnishes the brand. Don't go. You won't learn anything. At least not from the initial free seminar.
See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Lockport, NY · Member since 2014 · 119 posts · 109 votes
    12y

    I know many people believe that when they tell you at the RDPD seminar to increase your available credit that they only want you to pay for the Elite courses. And maybe that is their motive. But the concept of " Never borrow money when you need it, and only borrow when you don't" stuck with me. From that time I have looked at my credit like a see-saw. Two phases. I'm either spending and building my business (credit score going down) or I'm paying off debit and building credit for the next deal. It has helped me and I have never been turned down for a loan.

    Learn what you can from RDPD books or cheap seminars or any other source but don't buy the Elite (expensive) classes. My two pennies.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    @Nicole W- I did find how to access more of the information that interested me here on BP. I just had not explored this site enough.

    Thanks 

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    @Daniel Moore - You said, "Some of the best things i think i could recommend is find a local mentor already in the business willing to work with you, either in a REIA or elsewhere, and learn from them. Much cheaper, and probably a better education."

    I am doing just the things you have suggested. 

    Thanks

  • Professional · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 64 votes
    12y

    @Cynthia Vaughn just make sure the mentor you pick, is living the lifestyle that you want, both financially, family, and socially. It's difficult for someone to tell you how to do something they are not doing themselves.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.