IFlip - Cameron Dunlap?

IFlip - Cameron Dunlap?

Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes

I just saw this program on two webinars last week.....Cameron is offering transactional funding and charging 3%...and POF's, and the Iflip program to generate leads on houses (via birdogs) and to increase your buyer's list.....

Has anyone tried this? Can I get some reviews before I spend the $1,000 on this (even though it's a deposit and I get it back after he funds my first deal...)

I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thanks!

0Reply
1,500 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
17y

Save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most webinars are reprints of what is available informaion on the web and or right here on bigger pockets.

Put "transactional funding" in the search box at the top right of the page and you will find almost everything you need to know about it without spending that money. All it takes is reading!!!!!!!!!

There are quite a few threads to read through including some talking about the companies mentioned.

Happy reading.

See this reply in the discussion

237 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    Hey George - Do you work for Cameron or his company/s? Just curious.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 5 votes
    16y

    hi josh,

    No, i'm another client or his company

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2009 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    16y

    So it sounds like the deal was a great bit of effort. In the end, the investor would have been better served courting investor agents. That has been my experience as well. The better your relationship with realtors, mtg, title, and attorneys the better off you will be. So far my difficulty in finding funds, was finding deals where funding made since to all parties.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2010 · 1 post · 0 votes
    16y

    Hi Priscilla!

    I enrolled in iFlip last night and am doing a little due diligence this morning. I'd like to take a look at your websites. What I see so far impresses.

    TIA

    Roger Barker

    Originally posted by Priscilla Z:
    Hey Scott, the $1,000 is for hosting of your two website for three months (one for your bird dogs & one for your buyers). After that it's $50 a month. They actually put up the websites for you, all you do is buy the domains and send them the domain names. They have BOTH sites created already.

    You can check mine out...since I dont think I can include them here in the post (dont want Joshua or one of the moderators to think I'm not following rules!) and it doesnt fit in my signature, send me a message and I will send you the links so you can see how it works.

    The system has me pretty impressed thus far. I finished up the details yesterday and 5 minutes after I posted my first ad in craigslist I had three bird dogs signed up...not too bad!
  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    16y

    Hi Roger,

    I no longer have the websites. The reason that I chose to cancel after my 3 month free trial period was because of the following reasons:

    1. The bird dogs website was not working for us in our market. What we found was that we had bird dogs submitting properties, we would do our due diligence on them, and in the end, a lot of them were on the MLS, or in the middle of the final judgment in their foreclosure. And also, it was difficult getting a hold of the owner. There is a skip trace service that is offered, but of course, that costs more $.

    2. I have some website knowledge, I'm not an expert, but I have found the way to make my own forms online to collect the information from my buyers. If you look up zoho creator on google you will see what I'm talking about.

    With this said, I opted out of paying the $50 a month to hosts websites that I could run and manage myself.

    I hope I've been helpful with this information. If you have any other questions, just ask!

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 5 votes
    16y

    --------------------------
    Hi Prisc,

    I’m just touching bases with on how you are doing with flipping foreclosures in your area with your own system?

    Many Thanx,

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    16y

    Hi George,

    I am doing the same with my system as I did with Cameron's. I still capture leads on buyers and I also implemented it to catch leads on vacant lots. My area is saturated with competition and most of the good deals are already taken by investors before they hit the market. I am currently concentrating on short sales (which take forever!) and vacant lots. My area is still developing and there are .24 acre lots available for $1K, some even less!

    I will keep everyone updated as to when I get my $1K deposit back from Cameron, I know that's what everyone (including myself) is waiting for!

    Happy Monday everyone!

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 5 votes
    16y

    Thanx for the update

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes
    16y

    This has been one very active thread. Cameron prices his transactional funding very well for small deals. You have BP members here that price better for standard and larger transactions. Hint...see below.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    16y

    Great advertising Ted! :D

    I did not know that before I bought into his program, I only learned of my our BP members after that. Fortunately for me though, the deals in my area that I am working with are small so that's a good thing.

    Do you do short term private loans? Or, can you recommend anyone here on BP that do short term loans for 3-6 months? I'm looking for about $35K right now.....

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes
    16y

    Hey Priscilla,
    Thanks, it was a "subtle" attempt at advertising. I know from previous posts that your market tends to see smaller deals, and Camerons deal for small transactions is a very good one.

    Right now I am just doing Transactional Funding and some Extended Term Transactional to 45 days with a partner (similiar to the Aegis deal). I have not worked with but have spoken to George Bloom in Florida and Joel Soferenko, both here on BP. Both are hard money brokers that seem to be well connected.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    16y

    Thanks for the referrals Ted.

  • Real Estate Investor · Frisco, TX, TX · Member since 2010 · 388 posts · 138 votes
    16y

    Hi Priscilla,

    Thanks for this thread, I learned alot from it.

    I also need short term funding from time-to-time (<20k). But I have found it nearly impossible to find. Hard money lenders normally want deals that are bigger (50+k) so for the smaller amounts I am stuck. Let me know if you find something.

    Once again, thanks for your unbiased review on this thread!

  • Real Estate Coach · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2010 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    16y

    Hi Priscilla, I am new to this forum but have been reading the post. I appreciate the pst you've made on the iflip program. I did take a look at the Zoho wesite but you have to know a little about programing in order to use it. Have you set up any data basis to collect your own buyers and sellers list yet? If so i would be interested in seeing them.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    16y

    Ali, no luck in hard money loans right now, especially for these small deals. What my partner and I are going to start doing is pitching it to our investors to see if they are interested in lending us money and make some interest. Could work, we'll see.

    Doris, if you check out my website (in my signature) you will see that on my page I have links on the right hand side, I have used zoho creator to make those forms to capture buyers and sellers.

  • Real Estate Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2009 · 161 posts · 46 votes
    16y

    If you want to create a free site PM me... I found a site where you can create a free website, then I paid $10 bucks for a domain name so that it was not a crazy web address. It looks good and gets leads when I advertise it... I am not selling any site service only going to give you my web address and link to their free web creator, thanks...

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    16y

    Dustin,

    Based on my understanding of the BP site rules, that should be OK to post in a forum thread; but it probably shouldn't be in this thread as we are getting off-topic already.

  • Leander, TX-Texas · Member since 2010 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    16y

    I was just wondering what the marketing piece for getting the birddogs looked like to put up on craigslist? I wouldn't even know what to say? Any help?

  • Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    Hi Priscilla, I can't thank you enough for this thread on iFlip (and all of the interesting side comments along the way).

    BP is awesome and I found it through Cameron Dunlap's iFlip webiner.

    We are doing due diligence on iFlip now.

    Joshua such excellent moderating (no I'm not a vendor).

    We are newbie investors (we've read and studied a lot and are now ready to act) and we're looking at Cameron's iFlip right now to see if the system will work for us.

    We are planning to use PropStream's REO capability as the front end to our system (rather than use bird dogs) ... is anyone using PropStream?

    It seems Cameron's system is solid, is that the consensus?

    Thank you everyone.

    Cliff

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    16y

    Cliff, do you have a defined market area or do you try to go where ever someone tells you there is a good deal? Do you have a team of real estate professionals that you are working with? Are you active in your local REI club or in knowing the other investors in your area? After contemplating these questions you might let us know how this "system" is relly going to help you and support its cost as well as your business.

    One other thing, this thread sure has alot of new people posting. Lot's of hype is contained here under the radar, IMO. Take what you read about guru programs with a grain of salt, some people are very good at opening or leading a promotional thread with a few others kicking in, just never know.

    Good luck, Bill

  • Real Estate Investor · Branson, MO · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I have read all your posts....I have reviewed Camerons webinar several times. I have not purchased yet. The $1000.00 covers a lot of things..the two websites the hosting of them also all the adcopy to attract birddogs and the adcopy for buyers, creating the buyers list, info on the Tax Roll and how to manuever that, the datat bases, the sites are orchestrated to actually compile info and do all the accounting for the birddogs. Building your buyers list for you is a huge deal.and it also create a backup buyers, you cannot sell your houses with out that!
    It is for the most part totally automated and organized with everything at your fingertips and that is what you need to do this business diligently. Please keep me posted on how you are doing...I am getting in as soon as I can afford to.

  • Real Estate Investor · Branson, MO · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Bill Your in Springfield right above me...and obviously in the REIA in Springfield.
    Are you not seeing advantages to this system idea? I would think that if one knows what they are looking for and is good at multitasking they could make the system work well..I could see that..of course if you are going to use BirdDogs you need to give them instructions on what you want them to bring you , so they are not looking for the wrong things and wasting your time. I find the automation a good thing as it will save me time from doing things manually and I like proven adcopy. This may work better in a bigger city. Springfield is not a major city. I think working a region in that case is better and I like that I can work anywhere in the country from my home so I do not have to work a local market. I think Camerons product could work great in the right citys and markets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    15y

    I started this thread over a year ago and I see that people are still posting on here, which means that Cameron is doing a great job of advertising his services.

    To resume my experience, I do not regret buying the system, because I have access to the transactional funding for my small deals, as Ted said in a previous post, Cameron's funds work very well for small deals as he only charges 3%.

    I've had a very positive experience with Cameron and his staff, they are very attentive and their customer service is excellent.

    As far as the websites? Not for me. Yes, it seems "automated" but, you have to drive traffic to the websites in order for them to work. And when they do, the way the information is stored is not useful for me. You can't export the information anywhere, the data is just stored on your account.

    Also, I didn't like the $50/mo I had to pay for hosting for the two sites when I wasn't getting anything out of them. There's a website that I've talked about before....HERE COMES THE FREE INFORMATION.... :D
    creator.zoho. There you can make your own database form to put n your website and export the data whenever you need it and be able to use the information.

    Ok, this post is long already, just wanted to put in my two cents...yet again.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ontario, CA · Member since 2010 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I listened to Cameron's webinar and I think its great. For someone just starting out and funds are hard to qualify for now a days, I think this is a fair offer. Of ourse you could always scout your own birdogs yourself. They tranactional funding is what drew me in. I am looking to sign up soon.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    15y

    Wow what an infomercial for this guy.

    Did nobody catch the FACT that this guy holds 1,000 of your money for the whole time until you cancel??

    What is this guy doing with this money?? He is making interest off it for sure and leveraging himself into other deals.I am sure he is not letting the cash sit around and collect DUST.

    He can also have a link on each website to further his SEO presence.

    The one poster who extensively used his system paid 50 month and the 1,000 was locked up for a long time and a deal didn't happen.

    Just like all the other systems where a few actually close deals but the money maker is using other people's money,seminars,boot camps,hosting fees,books,audios,tapes,etc.

    Why do you think all these gurus sell a course for 500 or 1,000?? They know the average joe blow has that small amount of money.They want to extract as much as possible until they run you dry.

    This is the same in the real estate broker/agent business.They know 90% fall out of business in the first year so they suck you dry selling you everything under the sun.

    Stick to this forum.I don't give these types a dime.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.