IFlip - Cameron Dunlap?

IFlip - Cameron Dunlap?

Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes

I just saw this program on two webinars last week.....Cameron is offering transactional funding and charging 3%...and POF's, and the Iflip program to generate leads on houses (via birdogs) and to increase your buyer's list.....

Has anyone tried this? Can I get some reviews before I spend the $1,000 on this (even though it's a deposit and I get it back after he funds my first deal...)

I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thanks!

0Reply
1,350 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · ten mile, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
17y

Save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most webinars are reprints of what is available informaion on the web and or right here on bigger pockets.

Put "transactional funding" in the search box at the top right of the page and you will find almost everything you need to know about it without spending that money. All it takes is reading!!!!!!!!!

There are quite a few threads to read through including some talking about the companies mentioned.

Happy reading.

See this reply in the discussion

237 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    15y

    You know what I've learned? Don't knock it until you try it. Like when I was little. I don't want green beans, I don't like them. Well, Priscilla, have you TRIED green beans? No. Well how do you know you don't like them?

    In this case, Joel, how do you know it doesn't work? You make good points about gurus, yes, a lot of them do that, sell you stuff and SCAM you. I tried Cameron so I can give FACTS.

    As I've said REPEATEDLY on this thread, some stuff worked for me, other stuff didn't. Nope, I haven't closed a deal yet but that's because I'm rehabbing now, not wholesaling.

    You say that he holds the $1,000 until you cancel, no, he holds the $1,000 until you close your first deal, where he reimburses it to you. So, if you had to pay $1,200 fee to him for your first deal you would really pay him $200 because he would apply the $1,000 you put down.

    As for the $50 a month, thats up to each person to pay it. Unfortunately, I let it go for a couple of months, but that was my own fault, I could have cancelled it before they started charging me.

    Let's be real here. There are plenty of gurus and non-gurus out there saying that you DON'T need money to play this game. NOT TRUE. I wasted time because I listened to those people. You do need money, even if it's minimum. When I finally realized this things started happening for me.

    Cameron and his staff have been very attentive with both my partner and I whenever we've had problems or questions. I've never felt like they've tried to scam me or get money out of me.

    Again, is it worth it for bird dogs and the Iflip system? Not for me. But, it is worth it for me to know that I have transactional funds available for SMALL deals that I need funded. I've looked around. No one wants to give me $30K to flip a house, and at the 3% with no other fees that Cameron charged. Well, that's how low the Florida market is, we have small deals, so this works for me.

    Didn't mean to go off on a rant. For the most part I try to keep a positive attitude around here and bring useful information to others, so I don't do well when I see posts like this.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    15y

    Bottom line is they know it will take 1,000 later rather than sooner for many to close their first deal if at all.

    So they have that 1,000 to leverage to their advantage while HOLDING it for you.

    Commercial lenders do this as well and if you pay attention to the LOI's they say nothing about who will get the interest on a deposit for a deal while it is held in escrow.

    Say a commercial lender asks for a 100,000 deposit and then 60 days later says SORRY the deal can't happen.If they get 6% a month they just banked 12,000 off of your 100,000 deposit.

    I never said this guys system did or did not work.Haven't tried it. I am sure there is a small percentage of people who it has worked for.

    I stand by my post.You sure seem defensive over a company you no longer use and you are not connected to.

    I run across nice companies that will take your money and return it later all the time.They are very pleasant because you are giving them money even if to hold.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    15y

    Defensive yes, because of the way you generalize and judge in your post.

    I still have the ability to use them, and as you said "I run across nice companies that will take your money and return it later all the time.They are very pleasant because you are giving them money even if to hold."

    This is how I feel about them. A nice company, and I know that I will get my money back when I'm ready to use them; unlike losing $1K as an escrow deposit on a house you don't close on.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    15y

    Priscilla,

    Thanks for sharing your experience and candid thoughts & analysis of iFlip. I agree there are many guru's ready and willing to separate you from your money but investing in your education and business tools is a must. Yes, a good policy is to work with guru's who are actively practicing the trade & not just selling their products as their sole income.

    We all learn from threads like this which is what makes BP an excellent resource. If everyone here didn't do anything with anyone what would be the purpose of this forum. I guess it would just be another twitter or facebook! What the heck is farmville anyway?? (No, I really don't want to know)

    Keep trying 'em writing about your experiences with them and we'll all be the wiser & richer for it!

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    15y

    If you set your contracts right you shouldn't lose 1k on an escrow you don't close one but that is another topic.

    If people want to throw money at systems great.

    I don't want people using my money interest free.I am glad it works for you.

    All the best.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York , NY · Member since 2010 · 27 posts · 2 votes
    15y

    I'm sitting at Cameron's seminar right now and waiting for him to release his product and price... He is pretty funny and does have some good thing to say.. Priscilla would you keep posting when u use his funds to close your first deal?? Thanks...

  • Rehabber · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 802 votes
    15y

    This thread was started nearly 1 1/2 years ago and I have yet to see one testimonial of a completed deal using Iflip.

    Can someone please come on here and give one? Not just a simple "yes", but a real testimonial complete with details?

  • Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I am seriously considering the IFLIP system but I have yet to encounter anyone (besides testimonials) that have closed a deal. Please if you have closed a deal share with us...I will spend the money if it is worth it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Dania Beach, FL · Member since 2010 · 74 posts · 41 votes
    15y

    Remy,

    I have seen your last few posts and although I am new to this game, your thought process concerns me.

    It seems as though you are sifting through all the "guru" programs and are trying to come up with the right one for you. When I started researching the business, I started getting all kinds of e-mails from all kinds of "guru's". But I didn't and won't buy into their stuff.

    I think that knowledge of the business is imperative. But acquire the knowledge from sources that are reliable. BP is the ONLY source (besides my own networking and relationship building) where you will find "real" knowledge from people who have been in this business for a long time and are willing to share that experience.

    Don't fall for the "get rich quick" scams. All the information you need is here. If it isn't, ask. That simple. Also, go out and get your feet wet. Nothing beats actual experience. Mistakes will be made. That's life. But you learn from them and move on. Just my .02. Best of luck!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 155 posts · 23 votes
    15y

    What Im starting to learn is that a system will work only if you know the right people. Real estate is about meeting, courting and having the right people on your team. Lawyers, agents, accountants etc..

  • Brockton, MA · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    15y

    I am really glad I stumbled across this website.
    While Listening to Cameron Dunlaps Webinar I decided to research him a little.
    I am choosing not to join his program at this time for 1 reason.
    I would rather use the 1K to put as an earnest money deposit on a property.
    My avatar is a foreclosed property I purchased & am working on.
    I can/have found several properties in the area that may work with transitional money but I am having trouble finding buyers.
    Plenty of first time FHA buyers around...not so much cash buyers.
    Anyway sorry for the long post I am going to poke around here a little more & see what education I can get. :D

  • houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Priscilla and all. How/when do i pay the birthdogs? when the transaction is made or regardless? What does the system tost to my buyers other than me getting their contact details?
    I am thinking on getting this system but for a rental market abroad. There street Realtors (not even licenses) charge you the landlord 1 month rent on a 6 months lease to put you intouch with a renter.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 5 votes
    15y

    @Dom, i pay my bird dogs $1k per success transaaction on their behalf:-

  • houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    @George. How can they track being the originator of the lead. Anyone else could have given you the information?

    Do you think this system can work on rental markets too? I'd like to use to put in touch renters and landlords, overseasd in a market where Real Estate agents business is done by word of the mouth...no set up structure just who you know renting what and you get a fee for introducing both parties.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 5 votes
    15y

    @Dom, once you sign up to the iflip system you are given 3 websites you can customized; one being for birdogs which you advertise and the bird dogs sign up to to your website & post their leads.

    the system is created for flipping properties; that is the reason why it is called "iflip" and don't know if it will work for being put in touch renters and landlords.

    please give them a call @ [REMOVED]to find out

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    15y

    Birthdogs now that's something new :mrgreen:

  • houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    @George, how can i contact you? I am fmiliar with the system setup I watched a video about it. I need information from a user perspectiveYou use it so are in best position. I called the number given and their tech support line yesterday. I am still waiting for a return call.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Please note that the posting of member contact info is not allowed. If you want to connect with someone, use a colleague request.

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    15y

    Sorry, I've been caught up in a rehab these past couple of months and haven't had time to be on biggerpockets, but I'm back now!

    I never imagined this thread would last so long. Honestly, the reason I started it was because I was looking for a review of IFlip when I first saw Cameron's "infomercial".

    I don't think the Iflip system is bad, it just didn't work for me. I've said this already. It didn't work because of two factors. One, I didn't dedicate the time to it that it deserved; and two....my market is VERY competitive. So, when I got a lead from a bird dog about an empty house on a street it was not empty because of it being abandoned, it was empty because the realtor didn't have time to put their sign up or because it didn't last one day on the market.

    I have nothing negative to say about Cameron or his Iflip program. On the contrary, my partner and I spoke to Cameron's staff a few times, and the lawyer we have on our team spoke to Cameron himself, and he was nothing but helpful.

    I think that after almost 3 years of playing this game and learning, after making mistakes of course, I have gained enough knowledge to make accurate statements.

    The truth is that you DO need money to play this game. Whether it is earnest money to put down on a wholesale deal, money to put down on a rehab, or just money to buy bandit signs - YOU NEED YOUR OWN MONEY.

    The concept of this? Well.....you put a lot more work into things when you have your hard earned money invested in a project. TRUTH.

    It is also said to "Use other people's money." Yep....EASIER SAID THAN DONE. You usually need to invest some of your own money to be able to get someone else to loan you theirs, especially in this economy where people are afraid to invest. Unless you have a friend or family member that is willing to invest with you.

    To finish off my ranting and raving....I think Iflip can work in the long run, if you have the time and money to invest in it, or, you can find your own way of doing it like I have.

    I don't think we need to depend on Gurus to show us how to do things, but, we need to be willing to spend the time on things ourselves and be patient while we learn. If not...pay the guru and he will teach you his formula and how he succeeded. Simple as that.

    Patience is something this game has taught me. They say people give up right before they are about to succeed. I learned to be patient....so I already know what success is and there is no going back for me!

    Joshua, thanks again for this great website. I like to thank you as often as I can. I bought my first rehab house through a contact I met here!

  • Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Dear Priscilla, Thank you for this timely reminder, Cliff

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 238 posts · 44 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Scott Hubbard:
    This thread was started nearly 1 1/2 years ago and I have yet to see one testimonial of a completed deal using Iflip.

    Can someone please come on here and give one? Not just a simple "yes", but a real testimonial complete with details?

    I'd like to echo this question. Has anyone who got the system actually closed a deal (and not just the use of the '1 day dough' but a complete use of the system)?

    Pricilla, did you ever get your $1,000 back?

    Doug

  • Virtual Assistant · FL · Member since 2011 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I took Cameron's ugly house bootcamp and can say that he is a real deal. I did close a deal doing exactly what he taught. As of iFlip, few people signed up at the local REI meeting and one of the title company people said, she was closing deals for him.

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 238 posts · 44 votes
    15y

    Thanks for the feed back.
    I saw the iFlip seminar online. I was invited to watch it by another real estate social website. After the online seminar I did a Google search on Mr Dunlap, saw a link to Pricilla's original post on BP, that took me to this thread, and that is how I joined BP.

  • Real Estate Agent · Garland, TX · Member since 2011 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    I too first found BP off this thread about 6 months ago. I signed up for BP in Febuary and purchased my first rehab property using Hard Money and found it through a local wholesaling realtor company, about a month ago.

    I too am extremely curious about guru's systems actually working for people. I noticed as I looked back over all the posts that someone said they found iFlip from Than Merrill. I went to a seminar a few weeks ago and now trying to see if one of their systems will help me, of course they have a program that is a complete and total system that I cannot afford until I have several successes under my belt. I was wondering if anyone reading this thread had purchased any system at all from any "guru" that worked for them. I'm especially curious about Than and FortuneBuilders so I'll poke around more here on BP and see if anyone talked about them yet.

    And just to actually add a little to the conversation. It seems to me that some of them have good stuff to offer people it's just a matter of finding one that will work for you and what you want to do with your business. And for some people, no guru's system will be right.

    Have a great Memorial Day weekend BP!! Remember the reason that we have the freedom to run our own businesses and freely discuss them on great forums like BP while you're having family Bar-B-Ques. God bless our troops! God bless America!

  • General Contractor · Amherst, MA · Member since 2010 · 1 post · 1 vote
    15y

    Today,June 10,2011, I used his "Proof of Funds" letter. I submitted an offer to a bank and they called Cameron to verify the letter was legit. Obviously I was not on the call, but I received feedback that when the bank called to verify the letter, it failed, i.e. the bank rejected his Proof of Funds after talking to someone on his staff. I called tonight and left a message that I was quite unhappy (to say the least) and that I wanted a call back explaining what happened so that I could try and correct the problem. Lets see how long it takes for me to receive a call back? Shall we create a pool for the closest time to respond?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.