Newbie invited to Investor expo / Buying summit

Newbie invited to Investor expo / Buying summit

Reynoldsburg, OH · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello I'm excited to be here as I'm just starting out and I'm eager to learn how to get bigger pockets. :D I just attended a 3 day seminar with Kory Thurston as our instructor. They offer an Elite Diamond member package for $25,000 and I was curious if anyone one has made this purchase and can give me a little insite on what to exspect and more so if it's worth it. This package offers life time access to things like the investor expo with exspenses paid first trip, boots on the ground access, mentor support hotline, real estate pro program and other training systems. The name of the company is Response and or ProsperLive. Any feed back would be great! 

0Reply
68 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 97 posts · 27 votes
9y

Sierra,

Be careful. Many investors will tell you that you need a coach and that you may lose much more than the investment amount you may lay out now. I tell all beginning investors to really take a personal inventory and figure out what excites them and why they are seeking to go down the REI path. I have been investing for a long time and have made many mistakes and many would say that I probably have lost $25K along the way. That being said, even a coach (which is really what you are paying for with a system) may not be able to steer you correctly. You have to learn from others and also by doing. While this may seem like I am trying to talk you out of buying a package, I suggest that you 1) spend some time with the much less costly resources here, 2) find a local group or mentor and 3) practice actually investing (start finding some deals and tracking how you would do them). This is a marathon - there will always be good deals out there if you know how to find them. Don't let high pressure salesmen, or gurus, try to separate you from your money.

Finally, congrats for reaching out to this group for advise.  Wish there were groups like this when I started.

BTW, feel free to creep on my profile and PM me if want.  I am in your state.

Ben

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 97 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    Sierra,

    Be careful. Many investors will tell you that you need a coach and that you may lose much more than the investment amount you may lay out now. I tell all beginning investors to really take a personal inventory and figure out what excites them and why they are seeking to go down the REI path. I have been investing for a long time and have made many mistakes and many would say that I probably have lost $25K along the way. That being said, even a coach (which is really what you are paying for with a system) may not be able to steer you correctly. You have to learn from others and also by doing. While this may seem like I am trying to talk you out of buying a package, I suggest that you 1) spend some time with the much less costly resources here, 2) find a local group or mentor and 3) practice actually investing (start finding some deals and tracking how you would do them). This is a marathon - there will always be good deals out there if you know how to find them. Don't let high pressure salesmen, or gurus, try to separate you from your money.

    Finally, congrats for reaching out to this group for advise.  Wish there were groups like this when I started.

    BTW, feel free to creep on my profile and PM me if want.  I am in your state.

    Ben

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 97 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    One additional thought - it is all about taking action.  An expensive package is not going to make you a better investor.  Learning by doing will.  There are really no new ideas in this business.  Trust me.  I have a full time career and have built a real estate investing business on the side and have used about every technique to purchase.  Note:  I do not have a trust fund and started from scratch. 

    Have fun sifting out all the info.

  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 646 votes
    9y

    Hello and welcome to BP!  I would recommend not giving 25K to anyone.  You can be a Pro member with a disunity of 20% is only $228 per year and you have would almost complete access to what they now have.  That discount is at Brandon's webcast every Wednesday at 6:00 pm central time.  I think like Ben is thinking and writing in his letter to you. BP has a bunch to learn from.  I am on a free membership and I learn about.10 hours learning on real estate (7 days a week) while I recover from a medical problem. I found BP about 19 months ago and I still not made a niche selection and that probably has not selected a niche because I am still recovering from my medical problem and cannot walk or drive yet.

    BP has a bunch to from for their members including calculaters.  Being 60 years old and living around Dallas my whole life, there is a bunch to choose from.  I am lucky to be married to a woman that has been saving money for about 25 years plus we live just outside of Dallas and the house loan payments are pretty low and almost paid for.  This website is a good place to learn much about real estate investing.  Most of the skilled people have done well by the skill they know and use it.  It has much to do with a person's knowledge and bravery, not what they paid so much for.  I learned the hard way and would like to help prevent you from making an expensive payment so large.l

    Before my brain anuerism and stroke took me away from a local company that makes emotional sales.  They took me for about $10,000.  They have not made any attempt to talk to me over 6 years ago when I had those medical problems.   I could go on telling you about my wife and our daughter (who is now 20 years old).  You have shown an intellect thinking that displays what it takes to do these type of investments.  At BP there are people who have been successful and they will give you feedback.  One of the things I like about BP is the attitude of the owner and his people.  They are not into raising money as their reason of existence.

    Good luck to you! 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Seattle WA | Miami FL &|Ft. Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    What did you end up deciding? I am actually at the same workshop which they have upgraded, including the "real estate elite software" that gives you access to thousands of pre-foreclosure homes etc. Did they also have it then?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Mei Acosta:

    What did you end up deciding? I am actually at the same workshop which they have upgraded, including the "real estate elite software" that gives you access to thousands of pre-foreclosure homes etc. Did they also have it then?

    pre foreclosure homes are public record..  if your west coast based you can simply join property radar and get the list and its about  50 a month. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Seattle WA | Miami FL &|Ft. Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 29 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Mei Acosta:

    What did you end up deciding? I am actually at the same workshop which they have upgraded, including the "real estate elite software" that gives you access to thousands of pre-foreclosure homes etc. Did they also have it then?

    pre foreclosure homes are public record..  if your west coast based you can simply join property radar and get the list and its about  50 a month. 

    The software also showed the LTV ratio right off the bat. Does that come up too? I work in real estate in South Florida and I don't recall seeing anything like that but again I'm still new to all of this. Is property radar just the West Coast?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.