Anybody heard of it? Here's the concept:
1) Buy cheap land for pennies on the dollar by building (on twitter/facebook) and advertising to a targeted seller list.
2) Flip quick as "wholesaler" to a buyers list.
3) Offer seller finance (when wholesaling) to build cash flow.
Sounds like it has promise, but the "home study course" runs $1500.
I have Jack's system and it is definitely a workable system. I purchased it and have since have purchased various parcels for pennies on the dollar. However, having said that, one criticism I have of Jack's system and in fact all of the systems that the other real estate gurus promote, is the amount of effort is GROSSLY underestimated. The amount of effort that Jack and many other gurus say it will take before you close your first deal is absolutely not even close to how much effort it will take. Not even close. If you work this business diligently, several hours a week and send out mailings regularly (I sent out a few hundred postcards / letters each week), you will get a handful deals not in weeks, but in a few months.
For example, using Jack's system as a model, I started my land flipping business in January. I purchased my first property in May (and yes, I worked the system diligently, several hours each week, from January to May and sent out thousands of letters / postcards in that time). In the next couple months after that I purchased three more properties. Now I am working on selling them. The good news is I have almost completely figured that out, I have a number of people interested in my parcels, but it is nearly October and I started this business in January. Again, I'm not angry with Jack, I greatly admire and respect Jack but I do have to say that this idea that you are going to send out a few hundred letters and get some deals I have not found to be accurate. I have also not found it accurate to say that anybody could start this business with only a few thousand dollars. Heck, I probably have spent a few thousand in marketing alone, much less the amount I spent for the properties.
See, something to keep in mind, is that if investing in real estate was really as easy as the gurus say, everybody would be doing. It requires a lot of money and a lot of persistence. In fact, more persistence than most average people have. That is why there are so few successful real estate investors compared to the number of people starting investing businesses.
I wasn't advertising it, I was asking people who have seen his system for opinion. Not opinion of people who speculate.
Better hurry! Time's running out! And there's only like 70 copies left!!! :wink:
At least until the next time :cool:
I have never had a problem with a "slut"...It's the "Whore" that scares me. There's too many opportunities for you to take advantage of. I can find you properties to purchase out right for $2,000. even if it's the most brutal of neighbor "hoods"
you will be able to collect $200 per month. That equals 2,400 per year , returning 120% on your cash infusion. Just my humble opinion. The Good ol'e US of A has many "Sluts" to offer, just let me know which state you prefer..... Who's pitching? you or the slut?
I have Jack's system and it is definitely a workable system. I purchased it and have since have purchased various parcels for pennies on the dollar. However, having said that, one criticism I have of Jack's system and in fact all of the systems that the other real estate gurus promote, is the amount of effort is GROSSLY underestimated. The amount of effort that Jack and many other gurus say it will take before you close your first deal is absolutely not even close to how much effort it will take. Not even close. If you work this business diligently, several hours a week and send out mailings regularly (I sent out a few hundred postcards / letters each week), you will get a handful deals not in weeks, but in a few months.
For example, using Jack's system as a model, I started my land flipping business in January. I purchased my first property in May (and yes, I worked the system diligently, several hours each week, from January to May and sent out thousands of letters / postcards in that time). In the next couple months after that I purchased three more properties. Now I am working on selling them. The good news is I have almost completely figured that out, I have a number of people interested in my parcels, but it is nearly October and I started this business in January. Again, I'm not angry with Jack, I greatly admire and respect Jack but I do have to say that this idea that you are going to send out a few hundred letters and get some deals I have not found to be accurate. I have also not found it accurate to say that anybody could start this business with only a few thousand dollars. Heck, I probably have spent a few thousand in marketing alone, much less the amount I spent for the properties.
See, something to keep in mind, is that if investing in real estate was really as easy as the gurus say, everybody would be doing. It requires a lot of money and a lot of persistence. In fact, more persistence than most average people have. That is why there are so few successful real estate investors compared to the number of people starting investing businesses.
I just listened to Jack Bosch's 1 hour webinar. It reminds me of a fast talking sales pitch with a " limited time" offer and "will sell out soon" as a take away. Ugh. What a turn off.
It's been some time since people posted here about this course. This gentleman came to a conference I was at this past weekend. Anyone have any results to share from his teachings or are you all retired on the beach of Bali by now?
Hi Stephanie, Unfortunately still not in the beach of Bali yet. I took a couple of years off in order to complete my education and continued my land flipping journey in August of this year. Things are going much better than when I first started this business. As I learn more and more, become more and more professional, it is easier and easier to flip properties. For example, I am buying two properties next week and I already have people lined up who would be interested in buying these properties from me. And the amount of time that I have to put in to get a deal has dropped sharply.
Now having said that, what I said originally is still very accurate. The amount of effort IS grossly underestimated. You can make money in land. It is a great business and I greatly admire Jack Butala, Jill Dewitt, Mark Podolsky, Jack Bosch, Seth Williams and all other successful land investors. I have learned so much from them and yet I still have so much to learn. Now having said that, I think where people fall down in this niche and in fact in many other niches as well, is thinking that making money is going to be fast and easy for someone who knows nothing about a particular niche and is starting at zero. It isn't and anyone who says that is a liar. It is simply a baldfaced lie. The unvarnished truth is that it requires work, work and more work. You need to be willing to get way out of your comfort zone, learn new things and become a complete professional. For example, instead of relaxing all weekend, you may need to spend a few hours studying comps of SOLD land in the state(s) where you invest so you know realistically how much land is selling for and therefore what you can offer for it. If you don't have the money for a professional printer, you may need to spend several hours printing, folding and stamping letters. Also, any new business requires seed capital. Land investing requires less money than for example, investing in commercial building, but it does require money. If you have the focus and passion, you do whatever it takes. It is very difficult to start, you get better and better and then eventually, you become a true expert and powerhouse who is able to make tens of thousands of dollars with barely any effort. But there is a long road between newbie and complete expert.
Thanks @Adam Harrison for sharing! I'm on my curve of learning in becoming the relative expert. It's RELATIVE! Knowing a little sets someone apart from relatively ignorant mass. Never stop learning and be honest with yourself what you truly know!
p.s. I just recently (2 days ago) became Jack's customer/student. And I met him in person. He's inspirational and has earned his title being a subject mater expert. I can come back to share my experience after 6 months (after its 180-day satisfaction period) if anyone's interested in knowing. Again, happiness is a choice; learning is a choice; subject is a choice; commitment level is a choice.
Lin
I'm very interested Lin. Best of luck!
Hi all. I would very much like to hear updates on this thread. I will be attending one of his presentations soon.
I started Jack Bosh land flipping back about July 2016 bought five land for around $2K each. I sold 2 of the lots. I seller financed one of the lot and sold the other one for cash. For one I realized a profit of about $2,500. I'm still receiving the monthly payment from the seller finance for and will have a similar profit once full payments are made. I deployed to Afghanistan so i ended up not selling the other three properties. I just listed those three properties for sale and expect to make a profit from them as well. I will keep you updated but as previously mentioned the method he teaches does take a lot of work. The only way to make it less work for you, is to outsource it. He does teach how to outsource it but I will do that after I know how to work the system and am generating profits consistently. The main issues I have is having someone to pick up all the phone calls I get.
Hi everyone on this thread! I'm a newbie REI out of SLC Utah and just finished watching Jack's webinar. I wanted to buy the course, however, opted to check out some discussions on BP first. I also read the ROR thread and have to say....it takes all kinds! I would say that at least 70% of the time, seems to be a lack of participation on part of the consumer. Please update us on any new testimonies or rebuttals regarding Jack's system. I am very interested in learning this Land Investing and am getting discouraged with the house flipping market.
Thank you in advance!
@Lin Ding How's it going with your business and education from Jack Bosch?
Hi everyone on this thread! I'm a newbie REI out of SLC Utah and just finished watching Jack's webinar. I wanted to buy the course, however, opted to check out some discussions on BP first. I also read the ROR thread and have to say....it takes all kinds! I would say that at least 70% of the time, seems to be a lack of participation on part of the consumer. Please update us on any new testimonies or rebuttals regarding Jack's system. I am very interested in learning this Land Investing and am getting discouraged with the house flipping market.
Thank you in advance!
I grew up in the land business and my dad routinely flipped 500 properties a year for many many years.
but this is a big business we had 20 salemen/women working for us.. we had 6 office staff 5k a week in door hangers and mailers
etc etc. there is no secret to this NONE.... those guys mentioned above work the high deserts or remote land counties were lots are bought and sold at tax sale or inherited etc.. pick an area start writing letters offer cash.. its easier to sell these days you can use craigslist or bid for assets and it is simply the greater fool theory. as 95% of the properties have little long term value.. but there is always someone that will buy a 2 to 10k parcel on terms.. My dad would buy a bunch of tax sale props at yearly auction and the ones he bought for 200 or less.. he would have a one day sale on them at hotel in SF 1,250 cash.. sell about 40 of them in one day and this is late 60s..
So that's how the business works... remote land HIGH desert defunct recreational subdivision unbuildable lands.. West TExas middle of now where.. crap FLA lots.. all fair game.. oh and I hear there is some of this stuff up in the Poconos
and of course inner cities of the us were land has ZERO value because you can buy homes for far less than replacement costs.. Think Clayton MOrris buying lots for 500.00 in the hood in INDY>
... I just recently (2 days ago) became Jack's customer/student... I can come back to share my experience after 6 months (after its 180-day satisfaction period) if anyone's interested in knowing...
Lin
--------
Lin, Can you please give us an update?
I started Jack Bosh land flipping back about July 2016 bought five land for around $2K each. I sold 2 of the lots... I will keep you updated but as previously mentioned the method he teaches does take a lot of work...
Enrique (or anybody else), I'm new here, I have purchased three properties which I now rent out to tenants. I'm now interested in purchasing land in California, Nevada, and New Mexico. I'm not a realtor and I'd like to know: Is there an easy and free (or low cost) way for me to get the contact information of the owners of land (or property with houses on it already) which is not currently listed for sale? Occasionally I get calls from realtors who want to buy my property. How did they get my info? I have gone to county websites and I can get some information on some of them (such as owner names) but their address seem to be protected / private (not public info); so how did the agents get my info?
...I'm a newbie... and just finished watching Jack's webinar... Please update us on any new testimonies or rebuttals regarding Jack's system. I am very interested in learning this Land Investing and am getting discouraged with the house flipping market.
Thank you in advance!
-----------------------------------
I grew up in the land business and my dad routinely flipped 500 properties a year for many many years.
but this is a big business we had 20 salemen/women working for us.. we had 6 office staff 5k a week in door hangers and mailers
etc etc. there is no secret to this NONE.... those guys mentioned above work the high deserts or remote land counties were lots are bought and sold at tax sale or inherited etc.. pick an area start writing letters offer cash.. its easier to sell these days you can use craigslist or bid for assets and it is simply the greater fool theory. as 95% of the properties have little long term value.. but there is always someone that will buy a 2 to 10k parcel on terms.. My dad would buy a bunch of tax sale props at yearly auction and the ones he bought for 200 or less.. he would have a one day sale on them at hotel in SF 1,250 cash.. sell about 40 of them in one day and this is late 60s..
So that's how the business works... remote land HIGH desert defunct recreational subdivision unbuildable lands..
Interesting... Thanks for that info. You mentioned "mailers" and "writing letters offer cash" - but how do I get the addresses of the lot owners? Obviously I'm semi-new to this concept. I saw an advert for the "Land Profit Generator" which seemed to me to be a typical sales pitch (scam?) for a course ("I did it, but now I'll make more money telling you how to do it than I can make doing it, do you want to give me some of your money? Sure you do!" lol ) - then I did a Google search on his name and found this website / forum and this discussion. Please see the two replies I made before this one, in particular my comment about using a county website (I saw the owner's name, but their address was not given). Any suggestions for finding the names of people who have inherited land they don't want or somebody who is tired of paying taxes on a lot they will never use and maybe have never even seen?
...I'm a newbie... and just finished watching Jack's webinar... Please update us on any new testimonies or rebuttals regarding Jack's system. I am very interested in learning this Land Investing and am getting discouraged with the house flipping market.
Thank you in advance!
-----------------------------------
I grew up in the land business and my dad routinely flipped 500 properties a year for many many years.
but this is a big business we had 20 salemen/women working for us.. we had 6 office staff 5k a week in door hangers and mailers
etc etc. there is no secret to this NONE.... those guys mentioned above work the high deserts or remote land counties were lots are bought and sold at tax sale or inherited etc.. pick an area start writing letters offer cash.. its easier to sell these days you can use craigslist or bid for assets and it is simply the greater fool theory. as 95% of the properties have little long term value.. but there is always someone that will buy a 2 to 10k parcel on terms.. My dad would buy a bunch of tax sale props at yearly auction and the ones he bought for 200 or less.. he would have a one day sale on them at hotel in SF 1,250 cash.. sell about 40 of them in one day and this is late 60s..
So that's how the business works... remote land HIGH desert defunct recreational subdivision unbuildable lands..
Interesting... Thanks for that info. You mentioned "mailers" and "writing letters offer cash" - but how do I get the addresses of the lot owners? Obviously I'm semi-new to this concept. I saw an advert for the "Land Profit Generator" which seemed to me to be a typical sales pitch (scam?) for a course ("I did it, but now I'll make more money telling you how to do it than I can make doing it, do you want to give me some of your money? Sure you do!" lol ) - then I did a Google search on his name and found this website / forum and this discussion. Please see the two replies I made before this one, in particular my comment about using a county website (I saw the owner's name, but their address was not given). Any suggestions for finding the names of people who have inherited land they don't want or somebody who is tired of paying taxes on a lot they will never use and maybe have never even seen?
tax assessor has EVERY LOT and everyones mailing address where the tax bill goes to and the name of the person or entity that owns it.
and some even have phone numbers.
what investors will do is called skip tracing.. companies will do this for a fee.. very simple the address and owner and all free
Thanks for everyone's input here. I was researching Jack's Land Flipping course and found this post before I scheduled my appointment with their sales. I know it's probably going to be a big purchase and surely like to know more and prepared about what kind of battle I am getting into. Hope @Lin Ding @Adam Harrison @Enrique Reyes can come back her to give us more about their insights.
@Douglas Wells I am a California Realtor. Unlike the regular house, some land lot they only have APN number, no house number. Generally speaking, those properties generate error messages without address when they get into the websites, such as Zillow, Redfin, Google map,...most general public search on. Unless you know how the APN works, it would be hard for consumer to locate the land properties in California, and don't even mention how to find the land owners' information. One thing I agree with Jack working in real estate industry for more than 20 years is that NOT many realtors know how to work with land.
I have attended his free workshop and got to know that jack charges $40,000 dollars for complete mastery program. I would like to learn about land investment business but this training fees seems too high. i would rather prefer to partner up with training coach and share profit for year. But this training fees is discouraging me.
I have attended his free workshop and got to know that jack charges $40,000 dollars for complete mastery program. I would like to learn about land investment business but this training fees seems too high. i would rather prefer to partner up with training coach and share profit for year. But this training fees is discouraging me.
Yeah, he charges $40,000 for individualized coaching. But honestly, most real estate gurus charge that much or even more. And the benefit of Jack, is that his coaches are actual investors who do deals today as opposed to certain other coaches with certain other programs, that haven't done deals in 10, 20, 30 or even 40 years. Jack and his team are a class act.
Now having said all that, coaching isn't necessary. You can always get his free training, or if you want a good self-study program, buy his LPG program, I think it is like $2k.
In complete honesty, I started my land investing journey with just his LPG home study program. I never got the coaching -- nothing against him or his coaches, I just didn't have the $40k when I started. And now, where I am in my land flipping journey, I have two mentors, both super successful and experienced land investors, who mentor me for free. I help my mentors with various things and they mentor me.
I think the problem, not specifically with Jack, but with any kind of program where you are getting mentored by someone who is legitimately successful, is successful people are incredibly busy. There are people ALWAYS running over to them and trying to get help. And these people are always promising to do deals and give them 1/2 of the deal, blah, blah, blah. But you know what happens in 97% of the case if the professional agrees to this? They spend all kind of time training someone and then the person never goes out and does anything.
In my case, the only way I got two mentors is because I actually bring VALUE to their business and their lives. When I first started getting mentoring from my first mentor, I gave him a number of deals, probably totally $40-$50k in profit -- easy. This got his attention and started the relationship out on the right foot. My second mentor saw my hustle and hard work and decided to take me on and mentor me for free. We are doing some deals together that should get him at least 20-30k. At least. And trust me, with what they have helped me do to my business, what I have given to them is TRULY no big deal. No BIG deal whatsoever.
LPG is a SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!!! I put down $7500 for coaching, and now nobody will return my voicemails or emails!!!
So time for an update, nearly 10 years after I first started on my land flipping journey. Now in all honesty, I took a few years off for educational pursuits, so even though I started my business nearly 10 years ago, it hasn't been 10 continual years. I will also say if you have a massive amount of money in your bank account and you can afford to pay a coach your journey will be faster. For example, if you have 250k liquid that you can use right now for investments and education, you are light years above where I was when I started.
Now with all that said, I would say after all these years and all this hard work, I do believe I am becoming truly competent as a land flipper. I see various testimonials of different land gurus and in some cases I am thinking to myself, I have done that and I know how to do that. Sometimes I read certain testimonials and I am thinking to myself -- heck, I do that quite regularly, time to think much bigger.
Still not on the beaches of Bali, but honestly, if I got to the seven figure a month club, where I could really do something like that, I would just take the money and re-invest it.