Don Beck - Landlord / National Speaker

Don Beck - Landlord / National Speaker

Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 815 posts · 425 votes

Has anyone looked at his materials? I heard an ancient, 2004 tape of him presenting and was thoroughly impressed by his ideas. I'm hoping I can land the content, now 8 years old, for a decent deal. Ebay has nothing on him.

thanks

0Reply
52 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
13y

Don Beck is one of the founders of the Phila area local REIA DIG.

I have his materials, and use his lease. I have his phone number in my cell, and he answers his phone or returns all my calls. There was a one day training, plus his materials cost extra. The materials were ~ $500 at that time, not sure what they are asking these days. I don't think he does much updating except for maybe the lease - and even that might not be getting updates. The CD has both Word and PDF files for the various forms, so you can use as-is with the PDF, or edit with Word to customize. The file names on what I have (from 2007) are all DOS-like 8.3 format.

I suspect you might learn a thing or too from getting his stuff.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    Don Beck is one of the founders of the Phila area local REIA DIG.

    I have his materials, and use his lease. I have his phone number in my cell, and he answers his phone or returns all my calls. There was a one day training, plus his materials cost extra. The materials were ~ $500 at that time, not sure what they are asking these days. I don't think he does much updating except for maybe the lease - and even that might not be getting updates. The CD has both Word and PDF files for the various forms, so you can use as-is with the PDF, or edit with Word to customize. The file names on what I have (from 2007) are all DOS-like 8.3 format.

    I suspect you might learn a thing or too from getting his stuff.

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
    Don Beck is one of the founders of the Phila area local REIA DIG.

    I have his materials, and use his lease. I have his phone number in my cell, and he answers his phone or returns all my calls. There was a one day training, plus his materials cost extra. The materials were ~ $500 at that time, not sure what they are asking these days. I don't think he does much updating except for maybe the lease - and even that might not be getting updates. The CD has both Word and PDF files for the various forms, so you can use as-is with the PDF, or edit with Word to customize. The file names on what I have (from 2007) are all DOS-like 8.3 format.

    I suspect you might learn a thing or too from getting his stuff.

    Steve -

    Thanks for sharing this information. So often - probably too often - these questions tend to get answered with indignation that the person asking would even waste his time learning from a speaker. I feel in my gut that most of the time that speaker has earned that reputation! But it is awesome that you had some good info. to share and hopefully Ed O. can get some great info. and tips from him. I have spent a lot of time and money making myself better and a site like this is only one resource. Sometimes we all need to be open to learning from others. Thanks for sharing.

    All the best -

    Chris

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    Chris,

    I get lots of different guru emails, and the typical speakers all show up in those guru emails many times. I've only seen Don Beck mentioned a couple of times there over many years, so my guess is he isn't just out there speaking all over. Lots of landlording advice I share here came from ideas presented in his course, and I do find his forms somewhat useful (I've had to customize to my own liking, but they serve as a start to that). And like I said, he doesn't hide when contact attempts are made. And the price isn't way out of line either. Since Ed is getting this off ebay, he's probably getting it at a discount that makes it an even better bargain.

  • SFR Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 184 posts · 55 votes
    13y

    My favorite source of information about gurus is John T Reed's guide to gurus:
    http://www.johntreed.com/Reedgururating.html

    Well researched reviews on over 150 gurus. Donald P. Beck isn't in there, however.

  • Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 815 posts · 425 votes
    13y

    Steve Babiak I was really impressed with what he was saying in 2004. I figured someone might be dumping his stuff from back then on the web on the cheap... I haven't been able to find it yet. Another national Landlording speaker I saw was seemingly re-using his stuff (from 2004) in 2011. That's pretty sweet that you have a direct line to him. He's sharp.

    Chris Clothier Thanks for the bump. I agree, some gurus are absolutely worth the money. The donkeys that charge 35k that you mentioned (and regarded highly) awhile back (who I saw speak and was massively dissapointed in the suckering efforts they laid out during 90% of the cheap presentation) are not IMO. For the same $, I'd rather get 15-20 guru's than dump it into the one where the guys go to your town, speak for a weekend and hustle you the way they do.. maybe we have to agree to disagree on that one specific group.

    Kevin Dickson Thanks for the mention. I have been on his site in the past and while I appreciate the amount of information, a lot of it is outdated and some clearly inaccurate.
    See: Vena Jones Cox. She's a successful wholesaler. I picked up some of her content on Ebay awhile back and was pleasantly impressed with her creative ideas and the overall program.Reed uses one sentance to call her a lease option specialist and indicate that he doesn't think hr program is good. I have also heard other people on the board speak highly of her stuff as well.If he really got thru the entire course like he promises, he'd have a lot more to say that one inaccurate sentance about the product.
    Disclaimer, I do not know Vena, I simply saw her speak one time.

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ed O.:

    Chris Clothier Thanks for the bump. I agree, some gurus are absolutely worth the money. The donkeys that charge 35k that you mentioned (and regarded highly) awhile back (who I saw speak and was massively dissapointed in the suckering efforts they laid out during 90% of the cheap presentation) are not IMO. For the same $, I'd rather get 15-20 guru's than dump it into the one where the guys go to your town, speak for a weekend and hustle you the way they do.. maybe we have to agree to disagree on that one specific group.

    Hey Ed O. - I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time someone disagreed with me! No big deal. I'm not sure which posting you are referring to, but I try to make it a point in each of these to simply remind people that whether they are spending $1, $10 or $10,000...every penny is wasted if they are not learning and taking action. I don't advocate spending $35k, I can simply speak personally about some coaches or gurus in the industry and most of the the time the question is are they really doing anything or just selling coaching. In that question I tell what I know. As far as is it worth it, I go back to the earlier sentence. Even $1 is wasted if you do nothing with it, so $35k is a tremendous risk for anyone. If you are going to make it and spending that $35k spurs you to action, well maybe at that point it is worth it - to that particular person.

    I completely agree with you on the point of gathering a lot of different data from 15-20 different people and I think it is a great idea to purchase resales on Ebay. I bought a $97 program yesterday (and immediately cancelled the recurring charge) on video marketing. I am familiar with the person who put it together, fully expect it to be mostly hype, but wanted to review some of the tips he talked about. It is worth it to me to spend the $97 to see if there is anything in it I can learn and implement. I think I am going to try your tip in the future and wait for it to hit Ebay!

    Didn't mean to hijack the convo - I just wanted to compliment Steve Babiak for doing the same thing I try to do. Tell what you know.

    All the best to you -

    Chris

  • SFR Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 184 posts · 55 votes
    13y

    [url]http://www.donaldpbeck.com/

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ed O.:

    ... I was really impressed with what he was saying in 2004. I figured someone might be dumping his stuff from back then on the web on the cheap... I haven't been able to find it yet. Another national Landlording speaker I saw was seemingly re-using his stuff (from 2004) in 2011. ...

    What's one good sign of quality real estate course material? That it's hard to find it for sale on ebay and the like!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.