DC Meetup Space Needed

DC Meetup Space Needed

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes

There are several meetups in the metro area made up primarily of BP members which have a really unique format.  The format is a roundtable discussion on any real estate topic someone has questions about or wants to discuss.  It is basically like the Bigger Pockets forum, but live and in person. This type of meeting in our area started in Gaithersburg by @Justin B got so popular, that two groups spun off from it...one in Frederick lead by @Account Closed.

Id love to have a DC based Meetup with the same format since I do a lot of business in the District. However in looking around, the cost to rent space has been prohibitive. The Anne Arundel and Frederick Meetups have a free location and the Gaithersburg location I think is a small $100 for the space.  If anyone has any suggestions of where to meet in the District proper, jump on and make a suggestion. So if you know of a low cost space, or are even able to offer space would love to hear your suggestions.

3Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 47 votes
10y

Hi @Russell Brazil,

I would be interested in a DC based Meetup. We could always meet at a library. DC public library meeting rooms are available in different sizes and are free. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y
    PM sent
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    I think that would be a great idea for DC.  I would be interested.  

  • Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 72 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Keep us posted.

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    Hi @Russell Brazil,

    I would be interested in a DC based Meetup. We could always meet at a library. DC public library meeting rooms are available in different sizes and are free. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 215 posts · 123 votes
    10y

    @Russell Brazil does LNF have any office space they might be able to lend to you temporarily? It might be a quick solution to get started and then you might be able to grow from there or have guys pitch in for the room. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Nashville TN · Member since 2009 · 287 posts · 171 votes
    10y

    I'm interested in a DC meetup as well.

  • Professional · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I have a few options depending on the expected turn out. 

  • Washington , DC · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Count me in. 

    Stephanie 

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I too would be very interested in a DC BP Meetup - has this been organized since the original post?

  • Arlington, VA · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hey DCers, former pro member here and noobie investor. Could not find an updated thread with this, but, I've got the meeting space likely for free (or at least much cheaper) if people want to meet up still. 

    Reply or DM me please because I'd personally like to attend and can take care of this hurdle.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y

    Resurrecting this thread. Meetup/REIA likely to be started by @Kevin Leahy and myself come January where we plan on bringing in some rockstar speakers.  Looking for a place metro accessible, that can seat 200 people ideally.  Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, Chinatown, Metro Center, Union Station, maybe Brookland, U Street, Columbia Heights. Who has some space for rent?

  • Real Estate Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 236 posts · 328 votes
    6y

    Try Walls of Books in DC (Columbia Heights).  It's a used bookstore and their website says they rent out the space for Community Events.  They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, so you could have the place to yourselves.

  • Developer · . · Member since 2014 · 520 posts · 162 votes
    6y

    I have attended meetings at the building on 8th and Pennsylvania SE (1st floor) to the Dunkin Donuts.  I don't remember the name I pretty sure they will rent space for free.  Libraries and schools are good options also.

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2012 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I'd be interested as well.  I work in DC, live in Arlington.  Either location sounds good.

  • New to Real Estate · Washington DC · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I am interested as well.

  • Levi T.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tucson AZ / Nice FR / Washington DC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I’m interested as well

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I'm interested in a DC Meet Up

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Hello all!  Was a group ever born from these efforts?

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Karly Satkowiak:

    Hello all!  Was a group ever born from these efforts?

    Yes we ended up with the largest real estate meetup in DC proper. It has been shut down during covid, but getting ready to relaunch in January 2022

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    For smaller groups, you are free to use our offices in Georgetown after hours. You would just need to schedule/coordinate with me.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:
    Originally posted by @Karly Satkowiak:

    Hello all!  Was a group ever born from these efforts?

    Yes we ended up with the largest real estate meetup in DC proper. It has been shut down during covid, but getting ready to relaunch in January 2022

    How great to hear, Russell.  Please let me know how to sign up for more information! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Hello all,

    Nice! is there anything one has to do in order to join the meetup?

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Russell Brazil Hi Russell, if this group is still going, I would love to join. 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kemi Okunade:

    @Russell Brazil Hi Russell, if this group is still going, I would love to join. 


     During non-covid times we meet. Each time we keep getting ready to relaunch, covid has other plans and prevents it. Hopefully eventually.

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 24 votes
    4y

    I’m interested in a DMV meet up as well. Is it possible to do a virtual meet up? With virtual platforms these days, it’s still possible to do one with a guest speaker(s) and breakout rooms to encourage networking too. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.