• Saratoga Springs, NY
Votes |
Building a Team in Albany Area

Jason Mergl
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Saratoga Springs, NY
Posted Apr 16 2019, 06:17

I am still pretty new to the area but I am ready to jump in and start investing in multi-families in the Albany and surrounding areas.  Since this is something that is best done with a team of experts that know a lot more than I do I am putting this request with help from the bigger pockets community to get me started on my road to success.  What I am looking for is:

1. A Mentor – I am new to the area and hoping to find someone to learn from and help that knows the area well and can guide me in the right direction.

2. Realtor – Someone that understands what an investor is looking for, knows the investing landscape, areas to invest, and is willing/able to show lots of houses before the right purchase is made.

3. Mortgage Broker/ Bank/ Hard Money Lender – Someone that has experience working with other investors. Sometimes needs to be creative to get the deals.

4. Real Estate Attorney 

5. Escrow Officer or Title Rep

6. Accountant – Preferably a CPA.  Well aware of the ins and outs of real estate and different entities.  Knows real estate tax write-offs and how I can best apply them!

7. Insurance Agent

8. Contractor – This is one I really need help from the bigger pockets community in the local area.  Your input and experience with a good contractor would be greatly appreciated.  

9. Property Manager – This is another one I really need help from the bigger pockets community in the local area. Your input and experience with a great Property Manager would be greatly appreciated.

10. Great Handyman – Someone to take care of the little things that come up on a daily basis.

That's the team I am looking for to start.  If you work in any of these fields or you are a landlord and you can recommend some to me, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Loading replies...