The future of BiggerPockets Forums with ChatGPT

The future of BiggerPockets Forums with ChatGPT

Remington LymanBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes

I wonder if management will crack down on ChatGPT in the forums or embrace it?

I have been using AI for about a month now and it has saved me a bunch of time. I think one drawback is what it did to the forums. I have been noticing a lot of ChatGPT responses recently. You can tell easily if there are "—" in people's responses. I have trained my ChatGPT to remove these but I have noticed a lot of people have not done that yet.

BP does not allow it in their policies but it does not seem to be a policy that is able to be enforced

What are your thoughts on this? I can see the pros and cons of leveraging AI to respond to forums.

3Reply
199 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
1y

drives me nuts to see all the fake AI posts and people trying to pretend to be an expert. It is blatantly obvious to tell what is AI generated and what is actual words from someone's experience. As a moderator, we do crack down on AI generated content, but you cannot catch all of it.

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.