Anyone use Fiver for a logo?

Anyone use Fiver for a logo?

Real Estate Investor · Terrace Park, OH · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 18 votes
I am looking to have a logo designed. Anyone use Fiver or similar? Recommendations?
0Reply
77 views

Most Popular Reply

Abel CurielBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Good afternoon @Will Skillman,

We used 99designs. I'd say its pricing was in the middle tier compared to the other sites we considered (including fiverr). We paid a little over $300 and got to choose  through 500+ design submissions from 100s of different artists over the course of 3 days. Artists were pretty good with respect to response times.

We were able to give detailed feedback on designs that we felt needed some tweaks and we were able to just dismiss other submissions. They let you rate each design submission using a 5-star rating scale. If you voted 1 or 2 stars for a design, other artists would see that and refrain from making anything similar. On the other side, if you rated a design 4 or 5 stars, it gave other artists a good idea of what you were looking for. You can also pinpoint specific parts of the logo and add a comment for that spot- i.e. "can you change the color on this letter from red to blue?".

The more feedback you're able to give, the happier you'll be with the end result. I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you!

-Abel

REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan MurdockPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I have used Fiverr for logos and voicemail greetings. I've yet to have a bad experience with them.

  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    9y

    @Will Skillman Used a couple for logos.  Really you can't go wrong, so it's a matter of taste as to who you pick.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    I have used Fiverr for a couple of gigs (including a logo) and have been very happy with the process, prices, results and customer service.

  • Lender · PA · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 140 votes
    9y

    I used Fiverr for a logo and it was great. Do a little research on the person you pick (look for reviews, ratings, etc.) and they will be in constant contact with you. You can pick from a plethora of add ons that cost an extra $1 or $2 (i.e. logo's as pdf, delivered within 24 hours, 4 pack, 6 pack, etc.). It is credible.

  • Andy WebbPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2013 · 750 posts · 538 votes
    9y

    We used Hatchwise - probably a bit pricier than Fiverr...

  • Investor · Oxford, MI · Member since 2016 · 110 posts · 41 votes
    9y
    Not sure how to do reverse image searches but u might want to checked your designed logo before ever going big big time. The below was a interesting write up on someone's experience with $5.00 logos. https://medium.com/swlh/in-the-past-couple-years-startups-have-started-realizing-that-good-design-can-make-the-difference-2fdeb90d390a#.8ei0y5p54
  • Real Estate Investor · Terrace Park, OH · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    Any specific person on Fiverr?  Seems a bit overwhelming to comb through all the offerings. 

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 48 votes
    9y

    Check out upwork.com. I'm a huge fan and have used for more than 5 years. My experience with Fiver has been much lower quality work (get what you pay for).

  • Vendor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 217 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    Our real estate startup used Fiverr for the logo. Though we did have some issues with some infographics and ended up hiring a graphic designer. It's a great place to start and they turn around quick!

  • Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    We used a high rated designer on Fiverr for two of our biz logos. It was quite a different experience than what we are used to having with ad agencies and graphic designers. Our situation and experiences may be unique to us but here are my takeaways:

    1) Even though it's called Fiverr, everything costs a lot more than $5. EVERYTHING is an add-on. Examples - each revision, color changes, color additions, file copies, different file formats and so on.

    2) We had to be VERY specific about what we wanted on our logo. This is unlike our ad agency or designer who creates the idea based on our input. We had to tell the designer the specific shapes, lines, colors, etc. for the logo.

    3) We had to wait for everything. The time added up when we had to wait 3-5 days after EVERY change or addition. We really ended up accepting our final logos becuase we didn't want to wait for any more revisions. We even had to wait to get additional quotes for additional work we requested.

    4) The communication process was difficult and there didn't seem to be any intent from the designer to understand our business. I don't blame the designer for spending as little time as possible on a $50 project. At one point, the designer suggested taking the house out of our logo! I tried to explain that everything we do revolves around houses.

    The end result was a few logos that are sufficiently unique and professional. We paid a few hundred dollars for multiple file formats and several color variations of two similiar logos.

    My take is that Fiverr is fine for a start-up company that needs logos and doesn't want to spend a lot for them. The downside is logos that aren't as creative as ad agency quality and more time and effort spent to get a acceptable result.

  • Investor · Atascadero, CA · Member since 2015 · 238 posts · 90 votes
    9y

    I have used Fiverr a few times myself and agree the the process can be long and frustrating. The quality just wasn't good and even though the samples they have posted seem to depict the level of creativity and quality of design, the end product was nothing like it. A lot of the designers are in a different time zone so you have to wait until the next day or more to hear back. Also I am pretty picky because I like to do my own graphics but photoshop is on a computer that is no longer up and running and I won't be putting the money out for the suite any time soon.

  • Rental Property Investor · Hailey, ID · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 143 votes
    9y

    I just used Fiverr the other day for my other business start up.

    https://www.fiverr.com/gigblast I used Gigblast, an artist in India, did a great job. Really great on time, great bang for the buck, and couldn't be happier with the communication and speed. 

    Hope this helps.

  • Real Estate Investor · Terrace Park, OH · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    9y
    Thanks for all the input. Very helpful.
  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 38 votes
    9y
    With Fiverr you end up with a lot of clip art just twisted someway or over lapping other clip art. A business is also more then a logo and a local graphic designer can help with logo, letter heads, business cards and other branding. Also your current logo is a raster image you can see it on the edges around the type clear as day. End of the day a local graphic designer will help you long term with things you aren't even aware you need help with.
  • Investor/Property Manager · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 40 votes
    9y

    I've used Fiverr on many occasions, mostly to do video work and copyrighting. The trick to having a successful project is to pick someone who is located here in the US. Make sure that English is their native language (especially for copyrighting to ensure proper grammar), be patient, try a few different ones and choose the one with the most high ratings that you can find.

    In many times that I have used this site, there were only a couple of times where I had to just throw away the end product. It only happened with folks whose native language was not English.

    Hope that helped.

  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Good afternoon @Will Skillman,

    We used 99designs. I'd say its pricing was in the middle tier compared to the other sites we considered (including fiverr). We paid a little over $300 and got to choose  through 500+ design submissions from 100s of different artists over the course of 3 days. Artists were pretty good with respect to response times.

    We were able to give detailed feedback on designs that we felt needed some tweaks and we were able to just dismiss other submissions. They let you rate each design submission using a 5-star rating scale. If you voted 1 or 2 stars for a design, other artists would see that and refrain from making anything similar. On the other side, if you rated a design 4 or 5 stars, it gave other artists a good idea of what you were looking for. You can also pinpoint specific parts of the logo and add a comment for that spot- i.e. "can you change the color on this letter from red to blue?".

    The more feedback you're able to give, the happier you'll be with the end result. I hope this helps.

    Best of luck to you!

    -Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2016 · 230 posts · 161 votes
    9y

    Don't use Fiver, you'll just get stock logos, nothing unique.  Take a look at 99designs.com where you can have a contest and pick the one you like.

  • Investor · The Colony, TX · Member since 2013 · 283 posts · 205 votes
    9y

    @Will Skillman I have used Fiver for a lot of stuff and always had a great experience.  Just make sure you read the reviews and send questions to the seller before placing your order.  I think by logo cost $10.  I got a website for $60 and Microsoft templates for $20.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 54 votes
    9y

    I agree with @Abel Curiel and @Jason Hartley.  I used 99designs.  You pay a little more but own the rights to it and have a lot more control in the design processes.  I would use them again and might actually soon for a new updated logo that is more inline with real estate instead of investing.

  • Investor · Canton, GA · Member since 2014 · 727 posts · 500 votes
    9y
    Tried Fiver for a logo. Sent the artist a sketch up of what I wanted. Came back with stock clip art manipulated into a logo. That would have been fine, but none if them were anything close to what I asked for. Tried to get them to revise. Wasted time. All that said I am sure there are good suppliers on Fiver, but sorting them out seems like a job in itself.
  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    I've had good experiences with Fiverr.  Great for cheap startup designs.  You can always re-brand later.  

  • Contractor · Laurel, MD · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I also highly recommend 99Designs.

    I paid $300 to create a company logo and received 204 submissions from 35 unique designers. The best designers on the site are also very flexible and will work with you to make edits even after you pay them their 'prize' once the contest is over.\

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.