Best Website Creation website?

Best Website Creation website?

Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 34 votes

Hello BP!

Just wondering if you guys have any references for a good place to get started building a website? Mostly just for directing leads. Cheap is great, and i have zero website building experience, but lots of general tech experience, and can figure most things out!

Thanks everyone!

2Reply
340 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 108 posts · 36 votes
9y

I would highly recommend you to use Wordpress. It's free. => https://wordpress.org

You just pay for hosting.

You can add an insane amount of different "plugins" that are like apps that add extra features and functionalities to your website... And most of them are either free or just one-time payment.

For directing leads, I use InstaBuilder. It's a Wordpress plugin that creates funnels quick and easy (kinda like ClickFunnels) for the fraction of the cost of ClickFunnels.

See this reply in the discussion

56 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 108 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    I would highly recommend you to use Wordpress. It's free. => https://wordpress.org

    You just pay for hosting.

    You can add an insane amount of different "plugins" that are like apps that add extra features and functionalities to your website... And most of them are either free or just one-time payment.

    For directing leads, I use InstaBuilder. It's a Wordpress plugin that creates funnels quick and easy (kinda like ClickFunnels) for the fraction of the cost of ClickFunnels.

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    Hey @Ramon Polo thanks for the help I will definently check it out! Mind if I reach out with other questions I may have regarding it? Also if you have any resources that may be helpful in creating the site feel free to link me so I can do my own digging! Seems like you know what you've are doing! 

    Thanks again.

  • Realtor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 108 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Absolutely, man!

    Let me know if you have questions.

    I'll send you a private message with some instructions right now...

  • Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 78 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    I want to give the website work to a VA. What questions should I ask the VA to ascertain that they are qualified? Thanks.

  • Realtor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 108 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Hi, Mohammad!

    If you want to hire somebody for that, I have a girl who can do it for you...

    You should ask if they're using WordPress to build the website and if they build it responsive (mobile and tablet friendly).

    Also, if they can create a few pages and install some plugins for you, would be ideal!

    My girl does all this, so PM me if you're interested.

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    Hey @Ramon Polo how much does this usually cost?

  • Realtor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 108 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    I sent you a personal message, @Blake King.

  • Bronx, NY · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 60 votes
    9y

    wordpress is an amazing tool. , especially for complex website with a lot of user interaction .  For just a lead generating static website  you can just download a Free html5 theme (google "Free html5 responsive template" ) and input your own content., Feel free to PM me, I would love to help

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    I haven't used wordpress, but I'll take a look into that one for the next website.

    @Blake King I've used Wix for my most recent website. It's not the most beautiful work of art, but it gets the job done and it's extremely easy for someone like myself (very little html experience) to edit and plug and play.

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    hello @Ron Dayley thanks for that it looks great! Definently sold me on learning Wordpress a bit!

  • Real Estate Broker · Beverly Hills, CA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hey @Blake King!

    I would recommend using SQUARESPACE. SUPER user friendly and very clean/sleek designs to help convey your point and content across to your audience. Also very affordable monthly packages available to you. Take a look! All the best!

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Andre Silva!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hi, @Ramon Polo! Do you mind PM'ing me as well on this girl who sets up WordPress websites? 

    Thanks!

    Carlos

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    If you want to create a quality website, you need to start with a design. Here is a useful article that gives recommendations for creating a comfortable and beautiful design.

  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 109 posts · 108 votes
    8y

    I suggest Wix. It is very user friendly and has a good amount of design options.

  • Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    It depends on what you are planning on using the website for. If your just looking to have a company website then Wordpress or Wix or Square Space will all work well for you. If your looking to generate off market distressed seller leads, then I would look into Investor Carrot. 

  • Jeff CichockiBusiness Member
    Lender · All 50 States · Member since 2015 · 401 posts · 250 votes
    8y

    I own & host over 30 domains on my server. All of them are using Wordpress as their base. However, over time, I've learned that getting the SEO and other ranking factors to work right, you need someone who knows that well. 

    So, I don't have my house buying site on my server. I was on OnCarrot.com for the past few years. We've done quite well with it. I've had a much higher success rate of people filling out the forms that I have with any of the sites I built myself. Why, because the content is already optimized for the client. 

    However, I recently switched to LeadPropeller.com. Why, partly because of cost and partly because I felt like I needed a change to the site. Almost everyone in my area is using the carrot. I wanted to change so that my site stood out more. My new site is much better looking and simpler than my carrot site. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

    However, my suggestion to you is to look at both of these services and decide for yourself. Not having to build the site and get optimized content pre-loaded is a huge benefit. To me, it's worth the extra cost. One single deal pays for a lot of years worth of website hosting.

    Best REI Funding4.36 Reviews
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Blake King look into Investor carrot. They make great websites targeted for investors and do most of the work for you! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Province of Quebec · Member since 2018 · 35 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Wix.com is ideal for websites if you know nothing about building/designing a website.  We have over 100 website and all done with Wix.com.  It allows you to also integrate your landing pages like Carrot and Click Funnels.

  • Investor · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2019 · 162 posts · 64 votes
    7y

    @Blake King very irrelevant 2 years later however, I wanted to let people know of launchrock.com, I use it its free. It comes with analytical tools to let you know metrics about your market.

  • Lauren DiMeoPro Member
    Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    WordPress is great and gives you lots of options when it comes to customization, but it also comes with a much steeper learning curve. I also highly recommend Squarespace; it's very plug and play and easy to learn/use. 

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 389 posts · 193 votes
    7y

    Hey @Blake King,

      Sorry, but no one on this thread knows what they're talking about (except maybe that one guys with 20 sites or so - but even there he mentioned his SEO is not top notch).

      The first question is that it depends what you want your site to do. Consider:

    1. Simply a bit of credibility if someone searches your company name.

    2. Actually generate motivated seller leads.

      Most of the people in this business either can't figure out what high quality, white hat SEO is, or they haven't yet begun to see how powerful it is.

      In either case, you being a young guy and probably a bit more tech savvy than our older peers, there is an opportunity for us here - a big one.

      Biggerpockets won't let me hyperlink out of a forum, but if you go to themoneydummy .com and look under the marketing tab, you can see my SEO strategy (it's pretty high level, and I do intend to provide a newbie SEO post at one point or another), that I'm using to take over Google in southern Wisconsin.

      Then, once we have that dialed in, I'll probably work the same strategies in other markets and just do the lead gen piece. That probably won't happen till late 2020.

      Carrot is great, you'll see we're using a Carrot site and one of my posts is titled, "How to Take Your Investor Carrot Site to No. 1 on Google in 6 Months," but it's not nearly enough to do this SEO thing well and Carrot really oversells the quality of the service they're providing. Still, it's the best platform until you scale.

      I don't remember everything in my post at the moment, but I think I explain why that is.

      In any case, best of luck and PM me if you like.

    Best,

       The Money Dummy

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 389 posts · 193 votes
    7y

    Oh and quick follow up to that last comment @Blake King: in my post I said it would take 6 months. We're into month two of rolling this thing out and we're doing the Google dance around spots 1, 2, & 3. Just search 'we buy houses Milwaukee' - not sure where we're at today.

    Best,

      JTM

  • Real Estate Agent · West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Andre Silva do you stream your listings through an IDX server? If so which one do you use and how well does it work with Squarespace?

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Hi! I actually do this as a side gig - creating websites for real estate investors (it funds my REI). I've used lots of different platforms, Wordpress is a good one (you'll probably want to host your own website so you actually own it). I can point you in the right direction if you DM me or my company can do the whole thing! Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.