All in one CRM for Realtor/Investor

All in one CRM for Realtor/Investor

Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 969 posts · 747 votes

Who out there is both a Realtor and an Investor? 

I do both and I am in the process of combining as much of the two roles as I possibly can. 

I'd like to use one CRM that could handle both roles. Anyone doing this now with some success?

0Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor / Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 949 votes
9y

@Katrina Ryumin

I haven't used Podio but I've taken notes from people that have, here I'll share:

Podio – “We use Podio for both lead management and project management. Podio is very customizable so it serves as the "central hub" or "interface" and creates the relationships between items. We then use Google Spreadsheets to track the numbers and then attach the spreadsheets to the Podio project page via soft link. All of our books are kept in Quickbooks.” James Bowie


Pros: “Podio Lite is free up to 5 employee seats, up to 5 external teams”, used by over 400,000 for collaboration, mentioned several times on BP
Cons: Need to build projects from scratch, not designed for real estate

Cost:
Podio Teams ($9 per employee/month, 20% off annual subscription): unlimited number of employee seats; unlimited number of external teams; Podio apps and core features.

Podio Business (by quote): unlimited number of employee seats (discounts for larger teams); unlimited number of external teams; Podio apps and core features; access right and control; personalized training and support.

I try to take any good notes I see about all software in our industry.

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · 30518 · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    i am in the same boat.  I am considering ixactcontact  .  com  Let me know what else have you found that is out there.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 82 votes
    9y
    Used PropertyBase for years, which is an offshoot of SalesForce, and is very specific to realtors but can be altered to be useful for investors too. It has its merits, but can often be lumbering. TopProducer can also incorporate some usefulness for investors but is clearly geared towards realtors.
  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 969 posts · 747 votes
    9y

    Podio has been suggested as it has apps for both realtors and investors.

    I'm also considering Realvolve and LionDesk, although both are geared towards realtors.

  • Medway, MA · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    It's frustrating. I can't find a solution that allows you to do all of the following together:

    - import property data and owner contact info

    - easily group/filter/tag and export for mailing lists

    - handle direct mail efficiently (e.g. not wait 3 weeks until the first mailer goes out.. yeah really)

    - easily associate contacts with properties

    How hard can it be??

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Rori Stumpf,

    Import data from where? Are you looking for a solution that auto populates on shifting stage?

    For example, you make contact with a seller off a list you recently mailed to, stage changes from Prospect to lead, property data, contact info etc auto populates? We're working on something like that now. ...How hard can it be? Plenty! Or everyone would do it :-)....

    As for the rest....have you looked into any of @Scott Costello 's stuff? www.strugglinginvestor.com He used to have a stand alone lead manager that did most if not all of what you're describing, but lately he's really delved into Podio and getting it tricked out. You may want to check him out. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, BC · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Bijal Patel I have used IXACTcontact for almost 2 years. Great CRM with lots of fields to fill and some sorting ability. It helped me with automated content for my website, blog, social media posts, and newsletters. It is geared more towards realtors. I cancelled the subscription and doing now everything in Excel. Will look into Podio and wonder if there is anyone who uses it can share their experience. What are your favourite features of Podio? Thank you.

  • Investor / Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 949 votes
    9y

    @Katrina Ryumin

    I haven't used Podio but I've taken notes from people that have, here I'll share:

    Podio – “We use Podio for both lead management and project management. Podio is very customizable so it serves as the "central hub" or "interface" and creates the relationships between items. We then use Google Spreadsheets to track the numbers and then attach the spreadsheets to the Podio project page via soft link. All of our books are kept in Quickbooks.” James Bowie


    Pros: “Podio Lite is free up to 5 employee seats, up to 5 external teams”, used by over 400,000 for collaboration, mentioned several times on BP
    Cons: Need to build projects from scratch, not designed for real estate

    Cost:
    Podio Teams ($9 per employee/month, 20% off annual subscription): unlimited number of employee seats; unlimited number of external teams; Podio apps and core features.

    Podio Business (by quote): unlimited number of employee seats (discounts for larger teams); unlimited number of external teams; Podio apps and core features; access right and control; personalized training and support.

    I try to take any good notes I see about all software in our industry.

  • Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, BC · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Ray Lai Thank you for sharing your notes.

  • Investor/Agent/CPA · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 207 votes
    9y

    @Braden Smith did you end up using LionDesk or Podio as your crm for both investing and being an agent?  I am researching both as well.  Thanks!

  • Investor/Agent/CPA · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 207 votes
    9y

    @Braden Smith did you end up using LionDesk or Podio as your crm for both investing and being an agent?  I am researching both as well.  Thanks!

  • Sean WilliamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 124 posts · 56 votes
    9y
    Love FollowUp Boss, by far the best for a Realtor. I use it to also keep track of other investors/properties with the tagging and reminder feature. There are TONS of integrations so if you are savvy with Zapier I am sure you could utilize it for whatever investment purposes you need.
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    I use followupboss. Sort of sucks but it's an okay way to manage the rental leads I have coming in. All of them are only as good as the people at the other end of the screen
  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 969 posts · 747 votes
    9y

    Hey @Mark Welp. I am currently using Podio for the time being. There is a definite learning curve with it...

  • Investor/Agent/CPA · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 207 votes
    9y

    Hey @Braden Smith

    Thanks for responding. Yes Podio looks like it takes some time to get set up.  I might try the LionDesk CRM for a bit first.  Thanks 

  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 969 posts · 747 votes
    9y

    @Mark Welp Let me know how it goes with LionDesk. Have heard some good things about it.

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    I have been using Lionsdesk for about a month now - they started off gangbusters with customer service response however lately not so much - I asked them if this was CO VID 19 issue and they said no as the CS team is remote. The software has also started acting up - error messages, etc. It's certainly hard to find a GREAT Solution. Liondesk is currently a better the devil I know solution

    +

  • Real Estate Agent · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Sean Williams:

    Love FollowUp Boss, by far the best for a Realtor. I use it to also keep track of other investors/properties with the tagging and reminder feature. There are TONS of integrations so if you are savvy with Zapier I am sure you could utilize it for whatever investment purposes you need.

     Hi Sean, are you still using FUB now? I’m with KW and we have Command, but I feel I need something more simple since 98% of my business is with investors. 

  • Sean WilliamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 124 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    @Joseph Tineo yes still using FollowUp Boss and love it. It has all kinds of bells and whistles but I still use it for the basic follow-up reminders. I am convinced you wont find anything as robust yet as intuitive to use.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.