Rental Property Investor · Sylva, NC · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 26 votes
I currently have 3 units, with 2 more coming soon. I am looking for something geared toward smaller self managing landlords. Looking for the ability to list properties, receive applications, screen tenants, receive rent, and have a maintenance portal. The website looks like it covers all of this, but I haven't seen a lot of talk about it. More people seem to be using TenantCloud or Cozy. Just wanted to see if there is any feedback either way. Thank you.
I've been comparing these for a while, pretty much my favorite topic. I think being able to get your payments promptly and professionally is important for a landlord, and over the past few months have tried pretty much every platform. What I found was:
Cozy: Certainly the biggest and most popular platform. Best for a user with 10+ properties who wants a 1 stop shop. A little tricky to use, particularly if your just looking for 1 thing like renters insurance or payments. (https://cozy.co/)
RentRedi: More tailored to <10 property manager. Great service, offers everything on one platform just like Cozy ( https://app.rentredi.com/)
Rent-Remind: Simplified platform for <10 properties. Sets up automatic requests for rent, and is a fairly bare bones but SUPER easy to use system. Doesn't do everything in one place, just very good at rent collection. (https://rent-remind.com/)
Tenantcloud: Yet another jack of all trades app. Same as Cozy or RentRedi, but seems a little more challenging to use and results in lots of spam email. I've heard bad stories about it, but never had bad experiences myself. (https://www.tenantcloud.com/)
I hope someone finds this helpful, or is also a rent-collection geek!
Management software companies all offer similar features that you mentioned already. The common feedback I hear typically revolves around your accounting preference. Please note I haven't used either but my understanding is TenantCloud has more complex accounting features. While others prefer to partner Cozy with their accounting software of choice.
There are several options outside of the two you listed as well. Free vs. membership based. Some might have settle differences, such as the rental listing sites they sync with or whether you can include maintenance teams into their program.
Rental Property Investor · Burleson, TX 76028 · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes
7y
Hi, I have been using Rentredi since last December 2018. They are GREAT. They have always helped me fast and have answered some of the same questions I have had multiple times with out getting upset. Their program is simple to understand for the most part. I HIGHLY recommend them.
Rental Property Investor · Cartersville, GA · Member since 2018 · 136 posts · 62 votes
7y
I am using RentRedi property management for my two single family rentals. RentRedi works very well for me. I received immediate, good response to my marketing on Zillow, Trulia, and Hot Pads. (Most responses were from Zillow). I like the pre-qualification and application process, as well as the reasonably-priced, tenant-paid background checks. I think I got two great tenants! Both tenants have already used the maintenance feature successfully, and the rent payment works good too. The RentRedi customer service response is good. I recommend RentRedi.
Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 4 votes
7y
I think Rentredi is awesome. I have been using them for several months and they are very responsive and easy to work with. They listen to what you suggest and continually improving their software and processes. Once you set up the tenants in the system it works great. There are a couple of things I like about them but one of my favorite things is that it allow me to control if I will allow partial payments or not.
Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 7 votes
7y
I've been using RentRedi since October 2018 and they've been awesome. They are always super quick to respond to any questions and very helpful in general, making sure you have everything you need to make your job easier. They are constantly improving the platform and sending new updates of what is available. Communication with tenants, rent reminders, maintenance requests, etc have all been seamless. The BP discount keeps it reasonably priced - worth the cost for sure. I don't have much experience with other platforms but I can assure you RentRedi sets the bar pretty high.
Rental Property Investor · Cambridge Springs, PA · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 11 votes
7y
We have 7 units across 3 different properties. I HATE the idea of not being able to access anything that I need online. We require all payments to be done online. To answer your question, We used TenantCloud and Cozy for the past year or so. We intentionally compared them against each other on different properties. In my opinion they are both good, but not great. They are hard to beat for the price. Tenantcloud is definitely more comprehensive and has more up-gradable features via reports and such, but the customer service experience is lacking. Cozy is simple and pretty streamlined, but feels limited.
We were going to migrate everything over to tenantcloud, but the past few months we began to have problems with the application process on tenantcloud. Applications were being lost, or the website wasn't permitting tenants to fill them out. It just wasn't user friendly enough from the tenant side. Because of this (and lost rents because of vacant units due to lost applications), we started to look elsewhere. We landed on RentRedi. We found them in biggerpockets pro perks. There is only a $3 difference increase to move to RentRedi, but the customer service is amazing. The UI doesn't look as sexy as TenantCloud, but it is equally as functional for a smaller landlord like myself. And the best part is that I haven't had any missed rents because people weren't able to apply.
Another thing to consider is the online payments fees. I believe TenantCloud had something like a $24 upfront fee to set up ACH payments. RentRedi Just has a $1 fee added onto any payment and the landlord can choose to pay that or let the tenant pay it.
I'm sure there are other features to compare, but these are what made the difference for me. I'd suggest scheduling a tour with each company and deciding which one fits you best.
New to Real Estate · FL · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 5 votes
7y
Sent from my iPhoneAfter signing up with BiggerPockets, I came accross RentRedi on the website, and it could not have come at a better time. RentRedi checked all the boxes for me, RentRedi made this first time property novice, show up as a complete professional management service.
I can list my property
Receive/review Pre-qual apps, full application and access to the background check with ease.
Schedule showings, send approval emails
Set up my rentals and collect rent electronically.
Handle maintenance and so much more all through the RentRedi app. The RentRedi does not take the human interaction aspect out of your process or transaction, but it gives you that buffer, makes it easier, organized, consistent, repeatable and professional.
Support staff at RentRedi were there to answer any questions and help me setup, once setup it runs itself. btw, my tenants like the app as well.
@Josh Buchanan have you taken a look at TenantCloud? It is an online and app with screening capability, payment portal, maintenance log, reports and more. Worth a look.
Very happy with RentRedi. Same experiences as above....great product with very helpful customer service and they always seem to be adding new features.
I've been comparing these for a while, pretty much my favorite topic. I think being able to get your payments promptly and professionally is important for a landlord, and over the past few months have tried pretty much every platform. What I found was:
Cozy: Certainly the biggest and most popular platform. Best for a user with 10+ properties who wants a 1 stop shop. A little tricky to use, particularly if your just looking for 1 thing like renters insurance or payments. (https://cozy.co/)
RentRedi: More tailored to <10 property manager. Great service, offers everything on one platform just like Cozy ( https://app.rentredi.com/)
Rent-Remind: Simplified platform for <10 properties. Sets up automatic requests for rent, and is a fairly bare bones but SUPER easy to use system. Doesn't do everything in one place, just very good at rent collection. (https://rent-remind.com/)
Tenantcloud: Yet another jack of all trades app. Same as Cozy or RentRedi, but seems a little more challenging to use and results in lots of spam email. I've heard bad stories about it, but never had bad experiences myself. (https://www.tenantcloud.com/)
I hope someone finds this helpful, or is also a rent-collection geek!
Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 916 posts · 647 votes
6y
Ive been using rentredi for my units, 2 thus far, adding another in a few months. The UI is a bit clunky but custumer service is great and they are adapting as they get more feedback. Im willing to stick with them as long as they keep improving. I used stessa and cozy free versions but they didnt offer enough for me to stick with them
Ive been using rentredi for my units, 2 thus far, adding another in a few months. The UI is a bit clunky but custumer service is great and they are adapting as they get more feedback. Im willing to stick with them as long as they keep improving. I used stessa and cozy free versions but they didnt offer enough for me to stick with them
Hello Jonathan. I just wanted to learn and hear more why you stop using stessa and cozy free versions and why you went with RentRedi. Thanks!
Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 916 posts · 647 votes
6y
darius,
Sorry for the late reply. Rent redi has what I need and stessa nd cozy kept trying to get me to pay more for more features. Rent redi also gives discounts to BP folks. I pay 12/month as long as Im a BP member, the team they have took time to walk me through and have incorporated better functionality as I have been with them. Since this is a relationship business Im willing to stay with them since they are easy to get ahold of and they listen. I found stessa and cozy to not be as easy to get ahold of when I had questions.
Property Manager · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
6y
During the set up process for RentRedi, the software automatically sends out a message to all tenants by email. As the property manager, it concerns me that the software does not allow me to select message timing and verify content of communications that are sent directly to MY tenants.
Therefore, do not input client email addresses in RentRedi until you are prepared for RentRedi to begin sending requests for action to YOUR tenants. Even though I skipped the tenant input and invitation screen, the system still sent out messages after I later entered email address in the tenant data profile.
Do other property management platforms operate in autopilot? Is this a concern for other users?
During the set up process for RentRedi, the software automatically sends out a message to all tenants by email. As the property manager, it concerns me that the software does not allow me to select message timing and verify content of communications that are sent directly to MY tenants.
Therefore, do not input client email addresses in RentRedi until you are prepared for RentRedi to begin sending requests for action to YOUR tenants. Even though I skipped the tenant input and invitation screen, the system still sent out messages after I later entered email address in the tenant data profile.
Do other property management platforms operate in autopilot? Is this a concern for other users?
Beverly can you be more specific on what kind of messages does it send the tenants? We're selecting a SW right now for our first self managed unit (the rest are with a great PM company) and we are in the phase of researching all of them.
Property Manager · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
6y
During the set up process for RentRedi, the software automatically sends out a message to all tenants by email. As the property manager, it concerns me that the software does not allow me to select message timing and verify content of communications that are sent directly to MY tenants.
Therefore, do not input client email addresses in RentRedi until you are prepared for RentRedi to begin sending requests for action to YOUR tenants. Even though I skipped the tenant input and invitation screen, the system still sent out messages after I later entered email address in the tenant data profile.
Do other property management platforms operate in autopilot? Is this a concern for other users?
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 33 votes
6y
I am considering Rent Redi. I currently have 7 rentals units ( two three unit properties, an investment condo and a garage space) Currently I accept many forms of payment including Zelle, Venmo and paper checks. I pull actual credit reports with all of the details. Does Rent Redi provide an actual report or just a credit score?
Investor · Providence & Philadelphia · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 19 votes
5y
Question for the RentRedi users: do any of your tenants have trouble with the fact that everything is done through a mobile app? What about tenants that don't have smart phones or aren't comfortable using mobile apps?
Everything about RentRedi seems great except for the lack of a web portal and the ACH charges.
Rental Property Investor · Salisbury NC · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 10 votes
5y
I have tried Rentredi on a BP Promo, it is horrible. I would not worry with wasting your time. It is the worst. Customer Service is horrible. The do not know their product they just refer you back to self help articles, which did not answer my question to begin with. They FORCE you to sign up for their merchant account even if you do not use them. They have NOT CUSTOMIZATION in their application. You are better off just using Google Forms.