Real Estate Investor Software

Real Estate Investor Software

Ladera Ranch, CA · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 0 votes

Hello, does anyone one know of any good software programs for real estate investing. I have been looking at Profit Grabber, 360 Real Estate Investor Software, Real Estate Prospects, and React. Let me know your thoughts

0Reply
282 views

Most Popular Reply

Goshen, KY · Member since 2009 · 835 posts · 683 votes
13y

Chris P.-

I think you absolutely need software to have a central place to have all of your contacts, manage your direct mail campaigns, and to have the ability to write notes that conncect to your contacts. For instance, each time I speak to a seller I will put a note in the computer. When they call me back in 6 months after turning down my offer and say to me "you offered me 60K", I can look back at my notes and say "actually it was 50k".

You can enter your contacts, merge and print your direct mail campaigns. Even if you use an outside service to do your mailings, you have to have a way to keep up with these people.

I have used a program by Act that is made by Sage since I started. It is available in office depot or online. I only use a tiny portion of what it is capable of doing. There is a stand alone version and a cloud version. If you go with the cloud version, you can put that on your own hosting. Don't pay that monthly fee they charge. You can put it on a site like Hostgator for under $10 a month.

It's not specifically for real estate but it works great. I did a several posts here on BP about using a database and this software.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2012/04/30/systems-managing-direct-mail-campaigns-investors/

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2012/05/14/setting-up-your-database-for-your-real-estate-investing-business/

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2012/05/07/how-using-a-database-in-your-real-estate-business-makes-you-money/

Sharon

See this reply in the discussion

66 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Miami / Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Aaron Mazzrillo:

    I have yet to meet an investor who put together a deal using 'software,' but I see a lot of salesmen pitching it as the cure-all for the investing blues. Kind of like the guys back in the day selling tonics and liniments that will grow your hair, cure any disease, smooth wrinkles, remove stains, and make your knees stop hurting when it rains.

    I use the internet, Excel, Word, and a good old beat up HP 10BII. Sometimes I use paper and pen as well.

    Lol, Good basic techniques, keeping it simple :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Miami / Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Devin Deswert:

    I agree with excel. Hands down the best and most flexible solution. Also a note pad, if you want to get real fancy then the Evernote moleskin notepad.

     Lol @Devin Deswert. It's funny and interesting that some investors really just want to keep it simple!

  • Investor · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 673 votes
    8y

    Yes, excel is still the way to go. But there are limitations to excel. Most of the data needs to be entered manually. If you have to analyze T-12 for example, I'm not aware of any way to automatically read some PDF docs and process it into some application. I know a company who has developed something like that ... 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I came across this post when searching for a software.  I have read a lot of the comments and hoping someone can direct me to the right software.  I am looking for a software that can help me maintain the workflow of my rehab properties.  From when certain task should be done and timeless etc.  As well as a software that tracks the receipts a spendings along the way to give me a good worksheet for taxes that show the breakdown of costs.  

    Thanks in advance

  • Wholesaler · United States · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Real Estate investor software is essential especially at this time in investing being locked down and having to do everything virtuallly.  Bigger Pockets needs to catch up to this need....it would be nice. ?

  • Investor · Central Arkansas · Member since 2018 · 109 posts · 58 votes
    6y

    @Brandon Turner thanks for sharing the link!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.