Can Someone Explain How to Better Use Lowe's QSP Aka "Pro Desk"

2 Replies

Went to Lowe's on Friday and got a Quote from the Pro desk. Buy about 150SF of Tile With the QSP Price of 3.73each (13% Off). Go Again on Monday Some of my tile is on clearance 50% off so I Get all they have and use a 10%off coupon to get 60% off. Go there Today and all in stock tile is 15% off for labor day so I use another 10% coupon and get 25% off. 

90% of the people at my lowe's have no idea what their  "QSP" is. Would I have better luck with pricing if I go to a lowes in a major town? or is this a normal thing. Can Someone Explain How to Better Use Lowe's QSP so I get the best results. Because right now I'm haven better results just going Ordering normal.

The QSP seemed so confusing to me as well! I found that there were two ladies at the pro desk that were dialed in and knew the program inside and out. Then the were many other attempts where I got a different cashier and it was like we were speaking another language when I showed them my QSP sheet with the items I wanted to take that day. 

From what I learned in my first flip, is take the time to do one large QSP with EVERYTHING you'll need. It will save time in the long run and the more items on the QSP the more discount they can apply. I did two separate one and the first was with one of the gals who really understood it and set it up so I could purchase the items as I went along. The second one I had a different guy at the desk, he was not familiar with it, he set it up as a single purchase and then said he had to do it completely different and it was literally over an hour of sitting at the pro desk waiting for them to figure it out.

As far as purchasing I'd just try to find the one person who understands it and try and learn their schedule and only deal with them. I started letting people go ahead of me and waited so I could deal with the cashier I wanted. 

Overall I saved 2k so it is worth it, but it could run so much more efficiently!

I have saved tens of thousands on Lowe's QSP program.  The key is to have large quotes, so put all you need for your project in it.  Typically, I would get various amounts off of each type of item, from a very small amount, like a few percent, to over 50% off.  As you use it, you may elect to not put the low percentage items in the QSP. On average, I get 15 to 25% off. The larger the quote or the more per item number, you get a bigger discount.  I have gotten over 50% on some items.  Sometimes there are sales like you saw and QSP can't touch it.  That is a rare case, but in that case, go for the sale.

I would strongly suggest that you go to a DIFFERENT Lowes.  I pass up 2 of them to get to my Lowesof choice. Lowes is starting to shut down underperforming stores, so well, the one's who are LAZY (or incompetent like the one you are using) like one of them I pass up, probably will shut down as I and other investors or contractor's go 20 miles down the road.

Next prepay all of your materials in batches since the list expires quickly.  Like split it up into thirds.

Then, if you charge on the Lowe's Business account (there are several accounts that qualify), you will get $20 deliveries. So you get set those batches up for delivery.

DISCLAIMER I do not work for Lowes or get compensation.  In fact, my opinion, because of issues with a particular store, is that LOWES SUCKS, but I must use them as Home Depot and my other sources don't have everything I need and QSP deals are just too hard to pass up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you