Votes
Robert Goody
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
Is this the beginning?

Robert Goody
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Dec 5 2017, 01:43
First property, first time picking up a hammer, first time posting. Should work out fine. This is the first property I’ve ever bought and this is really my first foray in to construction of any kind. I wanted to do it all myself to try to understand what goes in to rehabbing or renovating for future use. I have already learned a great deal and already debated why I’m doing this since I’m currently living in and renovating as I plan to hold for 2 years. But it’s all part of the experience. The plan is to have a more formal account of what I am doing here in future episodes. This is the link to the video. Shot with the iPhone, plan to do a more vlog style for future vids. https://youtu.be/d-987Oi2iGs But here’s the overall goals. -Remove popcorn ceiling -Remove carpets -Smooth and paint ceilings -Lay LVT flooring throughout -Remove upper cabinets to open up kitchen -Replace cabinets (kitchen & bathroom) -Replace counters (kitchen & bathroom) -Replace sink (kitchen & bathroom) -Remodel bathrooms -Replace sliding doors for closets w/ mirrored ones -Replaces door frames and doors -Replace knobs/fixtures that we’re painted white -Hang new curtains -Replace ceiling fan and other outdated fixtures -Add baseboards -Remove turf that’s not turf from lanai -Replace with real grass -Lay stone tile for lanai -Replace cracked windows I’m pretty sure there’s more I need to do but can’t think of it. The flooring is taking longer than expected due to all the carpet glue and adhesive on the floor. Also there’s some spots I’ll probably need a grinder for to smooth down. Any tips or advice are welcome. Probably by the time you see it, mistakes have already been made.

Loading replies...