New to Real Estate · Provo, UT · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 0 votes
I need some advice. I currently have four properties at the Refi step in BRRRR. One I am doing a cash of with conventional lending. The others I have a choice to wait until seasoning or cash out refi now with commercial lending with rates changing every five years. My conventional finance is my first. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Rental Property Investor · Normal, IL · Member since 2016 · 170 posts · 85 votes
4y
Unless you plan to stay with the same bank seasoning isn't a true challenge. If you want to refinance it talk with multiple lenders you'll end up paying for an appraisal but 300-500 (in my area)+ origination fees is a small price to pay for additional capitol now! I try to have a couple of banks that I have good relationships with in case I need to bounce back and forth between them. Hope that helps.
I need to make an assumption that you purchased these properties and improved them. And by doing a cash out loan, you will get some of your money back. So if that's the case, let's say we purchased and it took 2 months to rehab. Then the refinance takes about 2 months....so how much longer am I waiting to NOT have a variable interest rate? 60 days? Is it worth 60 days to NOT have a variable rate for 30 years - YES! It absolutely is. Now, I'm assuming some things here so if I made any incorrect assumptions let me know.
With a little bit of planning in the beginning you don't have to have ANY seasoning - EVER. We just need to structure the BUY step properly in the BRRRR method. So let us know how you purchased these properties (with cash or with a loan) and what some of the numbers were on them and I think I can show you some good technique's to prevent having to wait at all on the next ones.