Beginner Investor Looking to Make Connections near Lancaster PA

Beginner Investor Looking to Make Connections near Lancaster PA

New to Real Estate · Bainbridge, PA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 57 votes
4y

Do you have more info on that meetup? I've been looking for something like that. There's the REI Connect Lancaster meetup as well, but that's been silent for a while.

I recommend @Austin Mountain with Peaceful Homes Property Management if you do end up buying something.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Downingtown PA · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 38 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


    Welcome Zach! I'm a new investor in Lancaster (just got my first property in December). My property was turn key, but there appear to be a lot of opportunities for BRRRR in this market. I'm hoping to do one at some point as well.

    Home365 (formerly Slatehouse group) would be a good place to start. Sheldon was my agent and is an investor himself. I think most if not all of the people who work there are investors. There's also a meetup hosted by Chad Gallagher who is a founder of Slatehouse. 

  • New to Real Estate · Bainbridge, PA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Thanks for the info Dre!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 57 votes
    4y

    Do you have more info on that meetup? I've been looking for something like that. There's the REI Connect Lancaster meetup as well, but that's been silent for a while.

    I recommend @Austin Mountain with Peaceful Homes Property Management if you do end up buying something.

  • New to Real Estate · Bainbridge, PA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Thanks, I'll be sure to check him out! I wouldn't mind knowing more about the group as well.

  • New to Real Estate · Downingtown PA · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 38 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jason Stoltzfus:

    Do you have more info on that meetup? I've been looking for something like that. There's the REI Connect Lancaster meetup as well, but that's been silent for a while.

    I recommend @Austin Mountain with Peaceful Homes Property Management if you do end up buying something.


     Here's one of them. https://www.meetup.com/Pottsto... There's another one that's in Harrisburg area that Judah Hoover hosts. I can't find the link to it, but I'll post it if I find it. 

    I've also chatted with Austin, good dude. I saw his name around a lot as well throughout Facebook groups. Speaking of, check out Facebook groups for more leads. There's one called Central PA Real Estate Investors that is pretty active. 

  • New to Real Estate · Bainbridge, PA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Appreciate the link to that group. I am already on that FB group and plan to start a discussion on there as well.

  • Adam MaciasPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2022 · 291 posts · 178 votes
    4y

    You can find everything right here on BiggerPockets as well: Network Tab -> Recommended Vendors or even search for Members in your area.

    Happy Investing!

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 29 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


     Hey Zach

    Im an out of state investor who invests in York, If you'd like to talk just let me know. I can help with anything for york / harrisburg and am always looking to partner

  • Investor · Harrisburg · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

    Let’s link brother. I got two properties myself. I’m here in Harrisburg. Central PA Investors on meet up is a great REI meet up group where you can connect with others very active and free. Been looking to make connections. Let me know!
  • Investor · Harrisburg · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


     Hey Zach

    Im an out of state investor who invests in York, If you'd like to talk just let me know. I can help with anything for york / harrisburg and am always looking to partner


     Hi mike. What’s your buy box for the Harrisburg area? You looking for more rentals I’d assume? 

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 29 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Juan Lopez Salazar:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


     Hey Zach

    Im an out of state investor who invests in York, If you'd like to talk just let me know. I can help with anything for york / harrisburg and am always looking to partner


     Hi mike. What’s your buy box for the Harrisburg area? You looking for more rentals I’d assume? 


     open to anything in the city that the numbers make sense, mainly row homes 

  • Investor · Harrisburg · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Juan Lopez Salazar:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


     Hey Zach

    Im an out of state investor who invests in York, If you'd like to talk just let me know. I can help with anything for york / harrisburg and am always looking to partner


     Hi mike. What’s your buy box for the Harrisburg area? You looking for more rentals I’d assume? 


     open to anything in the city that the numbers make sense, mainly row homes 


     Right, but what strategy are you going for? Value add or under market rents? Do you want turnkey rentals or are you ok with rehabs? 

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 64 posts · 29 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Juan Lopez Salazar:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Juan Lopez Salazar:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


     Hey Zach

    Im an out of state investor who invests in York, If you'd like to talk just let me know. I can help with anything for york / harrisburg and am always looking to partner


     Hi mike. What’s your buy box for the Harrisburg area? You looking for more rentals I’d assume? 


     open to anything in the city that the numbers make sense, mainly row homes 


     Right, but what strategy are you going for? Value add or under market rents? Do you want turnkey rentals or are you ok with rehabs? 


     mainly value add property's
    everything I own has required light to medium rehab. I stay away from fire damaged stuff.

    Id be open to purchase stuff that's just under market rent but haven't found anything that peaked my interest there. if you have leads id love to talk I have a rehab team in Harrisburg so most reasonable rehabs arent an issue

  • Investor · Harrisburg · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Juan Lopez Salazar:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Juan Lopez Salazar:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Zach Thurmond:

    Hello,

    I am a new aspiring Real Estate investor looking to get my first property before the end of the year. I am looking for properties in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg and surrounding areas in PA. I am looking to use the BRRRR method. To make that happen, I need to make more connections than what I already have. I've been contacting and on the search for contractors, property managers, wholesalers, mortgage broker, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!


     Hey Zach

    Im an out of state investor who invests in York, If you'd like to talk just let me know. I can help with anything for york / harrisburg and am always looking to partner


     Hi mike. What’s your buy box for the Harrisburg area? You looking for more rentals I’d assume? 


     open to anything in the city that the numbers make sense, mainly row homes 


     Right, but what strategy are you going for? Value add or under market rents? Do you want turnkey rentals or are you ok with rehabs? 


     mainly value add property's
    everything I own has required light to medium rehab. I stay away from fire damaged stuff.

    Id be open to purchase stuff that's just under market rent but haven't found anything that peaked my interest there. if you have leads id love to talk I have a rehab team in Harrisburg so most reasonable rehabs arent an issue


    Copy that! Shoot me an email so I can get your contact information. I got a potential deal in the works. I have to work out the terms with the seller and depending on what he's agreeable to I might keep or wholesale. Great corner rowhome near Rowland intermediate and Scott Elementary school. I'm building a buyers list as I am taking action and trying to get off market deals here in Central PA. Look forward to hearing from you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.