BRRRR under pressure in Chile ¿on the hook? ideas to get of

BRRRR under pressure in Chile ¿on the hook? ideas to get of

Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone.

My first time writing a post here in BP, Im from Chile (South America).

I need some help on my BRRRR because i got stuck in latelly change of conditions.

I auction a condo on december 2020. I pay (all in) arround U$76.000. After some cleaning and paint/repais (i DYI), appraisal come back at a value of U$97.000. First success 27% equity improvement.  I start the proceess for the loan and because pandemic, all paper work on 2021 was a total disaster. Bceause inflation banks now reduce in Chile from 30 to 20 years maximun, and the rates increase a lot. What it´s suppoust to be a 30 years loan for a U$100/month cash flow with 100% of my money recover NOW i have to decide to:

Option 1: ask for less total money 80%, leaving 20% inside in order to match the monthly Bank Payment to the rent im getting (cash flow U$=0).

Option 2: get out 90%, leaving 10% inside and have a negative cash flow.

I always consider that i can always renegotiate the termns if the situation in the country get better in a couple years (i hope). 

Any opinions on option 1 or 2, will be help full.

Im very frustated because even if i know i add a good piece of equity, but the deal is getting tough.

Thanks on advance for the help

Regards

Giorgio

pd: thanks for the patience with my english



0Reply
56 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Loudoun County, VA · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 25 votes
    4y
    Well Giorgio, I'm in a different financial context but I imagine many people who began their projects under one set of likely rates are finishing them under conditions that are more negative than they anticipated, even if they were being cautious. I recently finished a BRRRR in which we faced similar choices. We chose to leave more equity in the deal to achieve higher cash flow. The decision was based on 1) what debt service ratio we could achieve on my income alone, which we felt was safer, and also 2) we felt that having higher cash flow (not very high, just not negative or barely positive) was the wiser choice since we intend to hold long term. We will hold this property well beyond the current market conditions, so new opportunities will present themselves to use the equity in the future, like another refinance or a HELOC. Basically we saw the cash flow as a measure of decreased risk. And stress, quite frankly. I wasn't happy with having that choice, but the project wasn't a bad outcome and we know we can hold it for at least 3 years and see how it's looking at that time, with better rents, some appreciation, and perhaps different financing available at that time.
  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Hi Evan

    Thanks for Yoyr feedback.

    I finally sign today for the loan, and leaving 19.75% In and will breack even with the rent/mortgage.

    At least i win equity from the pay price to appraisal.

    we will go out there and try to doit again.

    Regards

    Giorgio

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.