Skip to content
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
Mike Conner
  • Investor
  • Tallahassee, FL
Votes |
Looking for Advice BRRRR or Sell my rehab???

Mike Conner
  • Investor
  • Tallahassee, FL
Posted Oct 27 2022, 14:54

Currently I have 5 rentals that cashflow very strong since I've owned them for long time with low interest rates and they have high equity. Recently I purchased a house at a foreclosure auction for $160k, reno was $35k, and 2 identical houses at 1,127sf sold for $260k. Mine is 1,334sf. I should be able to sell for $270k. Question is A) sell and take short term capital gains hit due to fears of a slowing market and higher interest rates or B) BRRRR get a short term mortgage, best rates I've found (after talking to 15+ credit unions) is a local credit union that will give me a commercial 5/1ARM 5.75%, no pts, 20 year amortization, and $1,000 origination. PITI would be about $1,620 and rent is $1,800. I replaced the roof, hot water heater is 5 years old, AC 8 years old, new appliances, new plumbing/elec, and reno'd everything else so I shouldn't have much maintenance. The plus of the BRRRR would be taking depreciation against other rentals income and selling in a few years for long term capital gains. Curious what opinions are out there, thanks in advance

Loading replies...