ALL IN ONE HELOC - to grow RE portfolio

ALL IN ONE HELOC - to grow RE portfolio

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles CA · Member since 2016 · 128 posts · 55 votes

Can somone offer insight All in One HELOC? or It' s a 1st position HELOC?

I have a property in TX that doubled in value and because of TX strict rules I cannot do a regular 2nd position HELOC on an investment property. I also dont want to do a cash out refinance, as I want a revolving loan.

An all in one HELOC allows you to pull out about 70-75% of the appraised value of your loan which in my case will be about 200-225K depending on the final appraised value. I intend to use the money to BRRRR a few properties in TX ( where I currently have 2 SFH).

Based on current understanding....The interest rate will be higher than my current loan but it will allow me to grow my portfolio faster and increase my cash flow even more. 

I feel like i am well positioned to handle this calculated risk. I am a high income earner currently cash flowing about 5K per month between my full time job and my business. I have been investing for 7 years ( 1.5M portfolio, gross about 120K per year). I have managed big remodels and I have personally renovated my first home. 

I also know how to invest remotely. I have learned so much about the business, the only thing keeping me from growing is the more funds. 

 I am skeptical but after reading more about it, it seems like the right opportunity for me to grow my RE portfolio. 

Would appreciate your thoughts especially if you have leveraged this tool to grow your RE portfolio.

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Rosenberg, TX · Member since 2022 · 286 posts · 130 votes
3y

@Nandy B. HELOCs are a pain in Texas. If our partners are still lending (because lending is tightening up monthly for the past 9 months) You might be able to do a HELOCish type of loan if you have over $75K and no more than 70% LTV.

Anyone here a direct lender that can do this?

If not one of our partners maybe able to assist.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Rosenberg, TX · Member since 2022 · 286 posts · 130 votes
    3y

    @Nandy B. HELOCs are a pain in Texas. If our partners are still lending (because lending is tightening up monthly for the past 9 months) You might be able to do a HELOCish type of loan if you have over $75K and no more than 70% LTV.

    Anyone here a direct lender that can do this?

    If not one of our partners maybe able to assist.

  • Alyssa RitchiePro Member
    Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Hey Nandy, 

    There are other options out there, HELOCs are pretty expensive right now even if it can be done. My Husband is a lender and may be able to help but most likely he would get you a couple other options on how to proceed in getting access to your capitol. I will message you his info.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    my thoughts are you are amazing and keep it up. you have the answers

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    @Nandy B. the right answer here is to ask your All-In-One lender.  I have a feeling they will be able to provide you a product...but it will be different than what you are thinking of here.  There's only one way to know for sure though - so let's reach out to them and get the right information.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles CA · Member since 2016 · 128 posts · 55 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Postell:

    @Nandy B. the right answer here is to ask your All-In-One lender.  I have a feeling they will be able to provide you a product...but it will be different than what you are thinking of here.  There's only one way to know for sure though - so let's reach out to them and get the right information.


     Hi Andrew

    thanks for your input. I have been working with a few of them. But i wanted an unbiased perspective from people not selling the service. 

    However, after months of research and inquiry it is definitely a product that i will be moving forward with. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.