Class B/C Neighborhood In Jacksonville, Fl

Class B/C Neighborhood In Jacksonville, Fl

Investor · Miami · Member since 2023 · 28 posts · 39 votes

Looking to invest in Jacksonville, Florida.. I can’t seem to figure out what would be considered Class B and Class C neighborhoods any body have any thoughts or suggestions on this? .. I did read several forums that say avoid zip code 32209… Thanks! 

0Reply
60 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    @Account Closed thanks for the post.  Invested in Jacksonville, Florida for many years. 

    This is the BRRRR Method forum so I'll address this from that perspective. Class C is what we want to focus on primarily. I mean, you can do what you want...but the working class people that we want as tenants rent in "Class C" neighborhoods. This is BELOW the median price point - in Jacksonville that's $310,000 - and we want 3br 2ba homes.  So, if you filter your settings to those parameters then you will find what you need. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Jacksonville FL & Middletown, CT · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 633 votes
    3y

    Some areas of 32209 are not too bad. I've shopped for investors there. I actually recently wrote about the zip code - not sure I can post a link here. As of that article (June) the average 3/2 was $159k, with the average rents for such at $1380. I suspect the sale price point is a little lower now.  I saw some decent rental grade stuff for low 100's.

    For reference, HUD pays $1210 for a 3 bed, $1530 for a 4 bed in that zip.

    I would personally call that a C/D area, but south of that is a little better.  The neighborhoods in west side range so much.  If you want B and above in Jax, you really should be east of the river, or along it, but not downtown lol.

    I could go on, and on and on lol, but I guess without knowing what you're after and at what price point, kind of a moot point. If you need help, feel free to reach out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.