Brrrr opportunities in Buffalo

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2019 · 160 posts · 112 votes
    1y

    Hi @Shaun Ortiz and welcome to the Buffalo corner of the BP community. I've taken note of some of your recent posts, and they are all very general questions about investing in Buffalo. It appears to me that you are casting a very wide net, and it may be more beneficial to "drill down" on your questions and relate them directly to your strategy. I have found that the broader the questions are, the less responsive people tend to be, and if they do respond, they are rather broad responses. 

    IMHO, your best approach would be to share your goals and investment strategy, then find folks who align with that and can guide you. I'm assuming you don't live in the Buffalo area since your posting headline says "remote" alongside it, but I don't know that for sure. For all we know, you could be looking to invest $5M cash in an apartment complex, or perhaps you are needing to leverage OPM into a small fix'n'flip opportunity. Without more context, it is really hard to give constructive feedback. 

    That all being said, there are several of us local Buffalo folks who could certainly point you in the right direction. Some are investors, some are agents, some are PM's, and some are a combination of those things. As for myself, I am a seasoned investor specializing in small multifamily value-add with the (occasional flip mixed in) that came to be an agent out of necessity for my business and the expanded opportunity to help others. Some folks on here stick to turnkey, others are flippers, and so on. 

    Hopefully this is helpful feedback, and you appreciate the response. There is a lot of opportunity in Buffalo, but also a tremendous risk if you are not properly informed. 

    • Wholesaler · Remote · Member since 2025 · 59 posts · 38 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Timothy Smith:

      Hi @Shaun Ortiz and welcome to the Buffalo corner of the BP community. I've taken note of some of your recent posts, and they are all very general questions about investing in Buffalo. It appears to me that you are casting a very wide net, and it may be more beneficial to "drill down" on your questions and relate them directly to your strategy. I have found that the broader the questions are, the less responsive people tend to be, and if they do respond, they are rather broad responses. 

      IMHO, your best approach would be to share your goals and investment strategy, then find folks who align with that and can guide you. I'm assuming you don't live in the Buffalo area since your posting headline says "remote" alongside it, but I don't know that for sure. For all we know, you could be looking to invest $5M cash in an apartment complex, or perhaps you are needing to leverage OPM into a small fix'n'flip opportunity. Without more context, it is really hard to give constructive feedback. 

      That all being said, there are several of us local Buffalo folks who could certainly point you in the right direction. Some are investors, some are agents, some are PM's, and some are a combination of those things. As for myself, I am a seasoned investor specializing in small multifamily value-add with the (occasional flip mixed in) that came to be an agent out of necessity for my business and the expanded opportunity to help others. Some folks on here stick to turnkey, others are flippers, and so on. 

      Hopefully this is helpful feedback, and you appreciate the response. There is a lot of opportunity in Buffalo, but also a tremendous risk if you are not properly informed. 

      Thank you for your candid and thoughtful feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective.

      You're absolutely right; my questions have been quite broad. I apologize for that. To clarify, my primary goal isn't to directly invest in Buffalo at this time. I'm actually a bird dog, focused on building a national network of real estate professionals, including investors, agents, and property managers.

      My intention with the general questions was to gain a better understanding of the Buffalo market and connect with individuals like yourself who have local expertise. I believe that building these relationships is crucial for my business, as I aim to connect investors with off-market opportunities across various states.

      I understand the importance of providing context, and I appreciate your advice to "drill down" on my questions. I'll definitely keep that in mind moving forward.

      I'm particularly interested in connecting with seasoned investors like yourself, especially those specializing in multifamily value-add. I believe that understanding your specific needs and preferences will help me better serve my clients.

      Thank you again for your insights. I look forward to connecting with you and other Buffalo professionals.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.