Hey Ya'll, thank you to everyone for so many informative responses and actually reaching out in text or calls
So I'm getting my first BRRRR ready for the appraisal process and need some tips and tricks.
Some tips I've heard - 1. do Not put keyed locks on rooms if you plan to rent by the rooms (put them on afterwards)
2. Give the appearance of a SFR - you need a living room/dining room space ( don't convert them just yet into rooms)
3. Put together a book of before and after pic and Comps in the area
What tips/tricks have you used..?
I would suggest seeing if your lender can order a CDA prior to the appraisal. This will give you a rough value estimate, before you invest $750 on a full report.
As for the rent by the room situation, just make sure the home looks like a normal rental property. As long as there are no unpermitted conversions or anything to suggest co-living spaces, you should be fine. Some lenders are okay with rent by the rooms, but they will not be okay if you converted each room to have their own dining space, etc..