Looking to partner with someone for a fix & flip

Looking to partner with someone for a fix & flip

Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hi Folk,

I am a new investor, I have been able to save 50k and I would really love to partner with an experienced flipper in Dallas area. Where can I find like minded investors that will be willing to partner with a newbie like me? Any advice will be greatly appreciate.

2Reply
169 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stacy RaskinBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 508 votes
    6mo

    There is a real estate events group tab under "Real Estate Classifieds" on this site where you can look for local meetup groups who specialize in investing, groups on the meetup website and also Facebook groups. That might be a good start. Also online networking can be really helpful since with phone, email, video chat, etc it's more possible than ever to network online to help reach your goals. 

  • J CastroBusiness Member
    Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 698 posts · 253 votes
    6mo

    Congrats on getting started and saving $50K — that’s a great position to be in as a new investor. Many successful partnerships start exactly the way you’re describing.

    One of the best places to meet experienced flippers and potential partners is by joining local REIA (Real Estate Investor Association) groups in the Dallas area. Organizations like the MetroTex Association of Realtors investor meetups, here in Bigger Pockets and groups such as the Real Estate Investors Association host regular networking events where investors, flippers, lenders, and wholesalers connect.

    At these meetings you’ll be able to:
    • Network with experienced fix & flip investors
    • Learn from people actively doing deals in your market
    • Find potential JV partners who may be open to working with someone bringing capital to the table
    • Build relationships with lenders, contractors, and other professionals

    Many investors are open to partnering with newer investors who bring capital, reliability, and a willingness to learn.

    Also, when you do find a deal and a partner, having the right funding lined up can make the process much easier. My team at JCREIG Capital Funding works with investors across the country providing Fix & Flip and Hard Money Loans, and we’re always happy to help investors structure deals and close quickly.

    Best of luck on your investing journey — Dallas is a great market and you’re starting off on the right foot by networking and building relationships.

    JCREIG Capital Funding
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6mo
    Quote from @NA NA:

    Hi Folk,

    I am a new investor, I have been able to save 50k and I would really love to partner with an experienced flipper in Dallas area. Where can I find like minded investors that will be willing to partner with a newbie like me? Any advice will be greatly appreciate.

    Make sure the paperwork is not a partnership (high liability) but make it a joint venture between two entities or persons. An attorney is useful for this.
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    6mo
    Quote from @NA NA:

    Hi Folk,

    I am a new investor, I have been able to save 50k and I would really love to partner with an experienced flipper in Dallas area. Where can I find like minded investors that will be willing to partner with a newbie like me? Any advice will be greatly appreciate.


     Congrats! If at any point you need help finding a property to flip, feel free to reach out! If you have certain criteria you are looking for that would help narrow down the search. We come across properties all over the metroplex so we are happy to help any way we can! 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 497 posts · 127 votes
    6mo

    Welcome to BP! Dallas is a solid market to start in and having $50K ready puts you in a better position than most first timers.

    Partnering with an experienced flipper is one path but it usually means giving up a significant chunk of your profit in exchange for their experience. Another option worth considering is using your $50K as the down payment on a fix and flip loan — the lender funds the bulk of the purchase and rehab, you keep control of the deal and the upside.

    That path works well in Dallas and you don't need a partner to get started — just the right financing and a solid deal.

    I work with new and experienced investors on exactly this structure. Happy to walk you through what a first flip deal looks like on the financing side before you commit to a partnership.

    Have you identified any specific neighborhoods in Dallas you're targeting?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.