Sacramento Duplex House Hack and BRRRR Advice

Sacramento Duplex House Hack and BRRRR Advice

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 8 votes

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to move back to Sacramento from Stockton and am considering buying a duplex, living in one unit, and renting out the other to help offset the mortgage.

I'm also interested in whether the BRRRR strategy is still realistic anywhere between Sacramento and Stockton. I currently own a couple of rentals, including one in Sacramento and another out of state, but California deals seem more difficult because of the higher purchase prices vs. rent and renovation costs.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone currently house hacking or doing BRRRR deals in the area. Are there certain neighborhoods or nearby cities you would focus on? What numbers or challenges should I pay the most attention to?

Feel free to reply here or connect with me directly. Thanks!

1Reply
184 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott ScovilleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 272 votes
    1mo
    Quote from @Douglas Dunn:

    Hi everyone,

    I’m planning to move back to Sacramento from Stockton and am considering buying a duplex, living in one unit, and renting out the other to help offset the mortgage.

    I'm also interested in whether the BRRRR strategy is still realistic anywhere between Sacramento and Stockton. I currently own a couple of rentals, including one in Sacramento and another out of state, but California deals seem more difficult because of the higher purchase prices vs. rent and renovation costs.

    I'd appreciate hearing from anyone currently house hacking or doing BRRRR deals in the area. Are there certain neighborhoods or nearby cities you would focus on? What numbers or challenges should I pay the most attention to?

    Feel free to reply here or connect with me directly. Thanks!


    Hey Douglas, just left you a voicemail. Have a lot of experience on house hacks in Sacramento. Looking forward to connecting.

    Scoville Realty & Investments LLC
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.