1 duplex PA delaware county area trying to expand

1 duplex PA delaware county area trying to expand

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Looking for guidance on expanding to more property I currently own one duplex (house hack) living in one side of the building and have small capital of about 60k cash! I have a small equity in the current building we put 20% down at purchase and have been living their for about 2 years! I want to purchase another duplex or triplex what is my best

Option in completing this process without running in to DTI problems with a lender I currently work in electrical industry full time (linework) and make about 100k salary a year! I am open to partnering with people in my life but ultimately want to own the properties myself how do I purchase my next property if the lender doesn't want to give me the loans to build my business! I have enough capital for 20% down I have a good paying job I could potentially borrow against my property's equity if needed any advice from peoples past experience when they where at this point would awesome and greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Connor C.

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Pedro, CA · Member since 2019 · 253 posts · 128 votes
    5y

    @Connor Coyle keep giving more lenders a call and see what you can qualify for. the rental income from your current duplex should help your DTI. Also, make sure they're at least taking into account a portion of your projected rents on the new duplex/triplex.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.