Northern Virginia real estate networking groups?

Northern Virginia real estate networking groups?

Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
Hello Everyone, I'm Anton, a recently retired public safety employee in the northern Virginia area and I would like to learn more about Out of state, Buy and hold investing. They say that the best way to learn something is by surrounding yourself with people who are skilled in that area, so I was looking to see if there were any groups in the area who meet on this topic. I live on the 95 corridor so I can meet just about anywhere. Thank you for reading this. Anton.
3Reply
64 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 119 votes
9y
It makes sense to not invest in Woodbridge only. I work with foreign investors and have boots on the ground in investor friendly areas. For you they are within 2 hours. Is this what you are looking for?
See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Adrian JonesPro Member
    Flipper · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Hey there @Anton Keith. I'm in Woodbridge as well. I am looking for like minded people to network with in the area. I haven't found any REI's in Woodbridge to date. Message me and maybe we can meet up to discuss our goals.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 119 votes
    9y
    It makes sense to not invest in Woodbridge only. I work with foreign investors and have boots on the ground in investor friendly areas. For you they are within 2 hours. Is this what you are looking for?
  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 74 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    @Anton Keith Hope all is well! Great to hear you are looking to do some out-of-state investing.  I operate my current business in Woodbridge, but do buy and sell in Kansas City, MO and would love to share any thing that may be helpful and learn what you are doing as well. Let's set something up.

    Additionally, @Adrian Jones my partner and I are working on material and guidelines for a REI Meetup in Woodbridge. We want to set something up soon. Great to see there is interest. Because of this thread I will lean forward on making the post and marketing the event! Hope to talk to you both soon and even better meet at a meet up!

    Ernest 

  • Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Adrian and Dave, I would love to meet and discuss ideas. Dave, I think this area is super hard to invest in unless you have partners, so I looking to invest in the Midwest and South. I do have to ideas for this area and I would like the chance to discus with like minded people. Name it and I will be there.
  • Adrian JonesPro Member
    Flipper · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Dave Ramirez and @Anton Keith let me know when your schedules allow for a meetup. Evenings work best for me, as I'm not back into the area until after 4pm during the week.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 119 votes
    9y

    We could do a call. I have a conference bridge we can use. I'm available most evenings as well

  • Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    I'm available during the day and evening for a skype call, but I would have a scheduled time for a meet because of my busy schedule. Let's make it happen. Go for coffee, beer, whatever!
  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 65 votes
    9y
    Focusing on Charlotte and Cincinnati over here. My neighbor just listed their 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house for 800k! This area is absurd!
  • Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Michael, woodbridge is headed that way as well.
  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 143 posts · 61 votes
    9y

    I'm in the area as well so if you guys put together any type of meeting, I'd love to swing by.

  • Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Happy Monday everyone, I was checking to see in to see if everyone in the area could do 2 things for me so that we can start setting the meetings up. 1) days of the week & times your available to meet. 2) what you would like to discuss at the meeting. *as a bonus, tell us if there are meeting places in your area that you recommend. Thanks, Anton.
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 363 posts · 143 votes
    9y

    Happy Saturday for everybody,

    If you guys start a group on Woodbridge, please keep me posted,  I am actually wholesaling properties on Miami area but I started flipping properties on Prince Williams a while ago,  normally I am on Virginia ones a month 

  • Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 3 votes
    9y

    Hi every one , 

    I too in Alexandria va , i want to attend your meet up , if you let me know where and when . 

  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    Hello everyone,

    I am would love to meet with you all and exchange a few ideas about this area.

  • Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Hi all, since everyone on this thread lives between D.C. And Stafford, where would you guys like to meet? Somewhere in the middle like lorton?
  • Reston, VA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 3 votes
    9y

    I am interested in this meetup as well. I am close to Tysons.

  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 35 votes
    9y

    Hi! I am in Washington, DC and focus on Baltimore City for real estate investment.

    Have you all had your meeting yet? Will it be an online meeting or in person, or some combination?

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 363 posts · 143 votes
    8y

    Hi Everyone,

    Let's meet next Thursday October 12th in a place on Prince Williams,  it will be great to know each other and start doing deals together 

  • Adrian JonesPro Member
    Flipper · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    @Carlos Zapata I'm available Oct 12. Let me know the meeting spot. Woodbridge would be ideal.

    Lamar

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 363 posts · 143 votes
    8y

    Great, Woodbridge for me, Panera Bread will be ok for you?  or  let me know where do you want to have the meeting 

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 74 posts · 29 votes
    8y
    Hi everyone! My partner and I ok with the 12th of October. If that works. We have been having small gatherings in Woodbridge. The Panera on Old Bridge on the last Thursday of the month at 6 pm. We plan on meeting 26th Oct. we have scoped out a couple of other spots - if we get more than 5-6 people we can move to a bigger a location. So please keep us updated on the 12th and/or if there is any interest to join last Thursdays. - we are flexible as we've only had two meetings so far.
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 363 posts · 143 votes
    8y

    @Ernest Chamblee   great, we will keep you posted,  I was the one asking for the 12th since I do business in Virginia and Florida and next week I will be in the DC area

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 74 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    @Carlos Zapata awesome! I am definitely interested in connecting with like-minded investors and see how we can benefit each other.  I hope we all can connect on the 12th! See you soon.

    Ernest 

  • Investor · Burtonsville, MD · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hey Everyone,

    My name's Samir and I live in the MD area but I'm interested in coming to these meetings as a new investor myself. If I can't make it this Thursday, I will definitely plan on coming the next time around. Just wanted to introduce myself. 

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 363 posts · 143 votes
    8y

    Hi Everyone, finally today is the 12th,  let's meet on Panera Woodbridge - Merchant Plaza  4300 Merchant Plaza  today at 7 pm,  i will be there

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.