New to Real Estate · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
Howdy!
I'm a college student with plans to get into real estate investing--I'd like to connect with local investors. I am looking to get started by house hacking.
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 662 posts · 1k+ votes
6y
I own 8 units in Bryan. I was Airbnb one side of a duplex until Covid hit. Since I was using it for football season it was advantageous for me but since Covid hit, I have turned it into a long term rental. The Airbnb market was surprising good and would do it agin once football gets back to normal.
Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 16 votes
6y
@Matthew Komitsky we have just bought a house in Bryan, planning to Airbnb it. This will be our second Airbnb property, our home being our first, as we house hack it. We’d be glad to offer any help if that is something you are interested in.
@Matthew Komitsky we have just bought a house in Bryan, planning to Airbnb it. This will be our second Airbnb property, our home being our first, as we house hack it. We’d be glad to offer any help if that is something you are interested in.
I listened to the episode of the BP Podcast with Craig Curelop (#252), and he used Airbnb to supplement his rental income. That is something I would be interested in doing.
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 662 posts · 1k+ votes
6y
I own 8 units in Bryan. I was Airbnb one side of a duplex until Covid hit. Since I was using it for football season it was advantageous for me but since Covid hit, I have turned it into a long term rental. The Airbnb market was surprising good and would do it agin once football gets back to normal.
New to Real Estate · Houston Texas · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
6y
Mr joe Scaparra what are some of the general documents you had drafted as far as protections for LL and renter insurance? I’d be a bit nervous renting to a rowdy game day crowd.
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 662 posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Not much doc prep needed if you use the AirBnb platform. It is that game day crowd that brings you the $$$. Airbnb helps to provide coverage for damages. I had a few small claims with Airbnb and they resolved my issues quickly. When Corona 19 hit I lost 5 really nice booking. Since I was using Airbnb for two reasons: making money and use the property myself, I gave it a shot beginning last October. It exceeded my expectations up to about March 2020. Then corona and lost bookings. So not making money and football season in jeopardy, I decided to rent the unit furnished. Maybe next year I will convert back to Airbnb.
Flipper/Rehabber · Bryan, TX · Member since 2014 · 258 posts · 170 votes
6y
We just built a small mixed use building in Downtown Bryan with 20 residential lofts and up to 6 retail spaces, we also have two other commercial multi tenant buildings with 9 spaces. I house hack our primary residence and we have a couple of other residential rentals we will like develop out in the future. We primarily flip houses and do infill development to earn income with the intent of turning it into cash flow assets we want to hold. The BCS market has been good to us but we are pretty nervous right now. Doesn’t help that we are bringing 20 doors online in a pandemic of a college town. Best wishes as you start. I think house hack is a smart way to do it.