Santa Clarita Mastermind

Santa Clarita Mastermind

Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2020 · 39 posts · 36 votes

Hello my Santa Clarita Valley People!

I wanted to see who lives in the SCV to start a network program if possible.

And if you are from the valley area (Granada Hills, Sylmar, North Hills, etc.) feel free to reach out!

Hopefully if we get a decent amount of response, we can do a monthly meet up to just mastermind together and each other advice.

Look forward to hearing from everyone in the SCV!

14Reply
520 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 26 votes
5y

@Jin Kim, thanks working on this. You can count me in.

See this reply in the discussion

140 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tim LounibosPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 38 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Stacey Ocampo, sounds great. I’m actually in Sonoma visiting family. I’ll message you on Tuesday where I’m at in the process and then we can see if the So Cal agent makes sense. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2020 · 42 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @Tim Lounibos Sounds good Tim! Looking forward to it!

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    @Jin Kim - I'm trying to start investing out of state. Would love to find like minded people, and maybe even a mentor around. Would love a covid-safe meetup.

    @Hengky Lim - I'm also investing out of state. TN for me. Just put my first offer in on a 3/2 + duplex of 1/1's yesterday. Would love to connect with others doing similar things!

  • Specialist · Antelope Valley · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Looking For a Mastermind or similar minded group that want to Invest in MFR in the Antelope Valley and Kern County.

    Saul

  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 483 posts · 234 votes
    5y

    @Saul Dueñas you should check out @Gene Hacker group.  Its in Bakersfield in person now, but if they were to continue the Zoom version I would recommend this group for sure.  

  • Santa Clarita · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hi Everyone - picking up this thread and adding my name to the list.  Really looking to get connected with agents involved with investing in and around the Santa Clarita area.  We are brand spanking new to this and our preference is to pick something up local-ish.  Would love to get into small multi-families but realize may have to start with sfr’s.  Appreciate everyone and look forward to connecting.

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    Hey All! New to this thread but a little late. Let me know if you ever got that group started. We used to have one a couple years ago and met at Augusta Financial in Stevenson Ranch but it kind of fell a part with covid.. Would love to hear your thoughts on out of state multifamily! I have been looking in Indianapolis but am interested in hearing about other great areas as well. Hope I am not too late!

  • Santa Clarita · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I talked with Augusta Financial in SCV where they used to host meetups.  They said they were looking to do on in the fall with a few speakers. Will update with any information once I get it.  

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    @Adam Endeman Awesome, let me know if you need any help getting in there. My main lender is at that office and I am friends with the owner as well. I was the one that got us in there before so I am happy to help get it set up again. 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I’d love to come out for a meet up!

    I’m born and raised in the very north edge of Granada Hills right by the 5/14 split, so I guess I’m some kind of hybrid SCV/SFV native.


    Currently looking to put an offer on my first rental if I can find one that suits me.

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    Thats awesome @Account Closed, what areas are you looking in for a rental?

  • Santa Clarita · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    How are folks doing on the investment front lately here in SCV?  I’d love to find a multifam but it looks like none or slim pickings!


    We are closing on a duplex in Portland this Thursday which will be our first investment.  I’m hoping we’ll be ready to pick up a 2nd in about 6 months and would love if it was closer to home (we are learning firsthand about the challenges of organizing rehabs and renovations remotely).

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    @Adam Endeman Thats awesome! I hope the duplex in Portland goes well! 

    Theres not much multifamily in SCV but there's new "Duplex" laws allowing SFRs to become duplexes so maybe that's an opportunity. A lot of local investors I know that like to stick close to home invest in Bakersfield. There are many multifamily properties there and you can definitely get cashflow.

    Right now, I am looking in Indianapolis IN, Columbus OH, and Dayton OH. Have one in Indy that looked great as a potential Brrr but after further inspection it needs a lot more money than we originally thought so its out. Columbus market is growing pretty fast as well but just looking for the right deal. You can get pretty close to the 1% rule in Indy and Columbus if you stick to B-/C Neighborhoods. Dayton seems like a cool spot as well. The cashflow is VERY tempting however its a smaller city and I'm researching if it will grow long turn before pulling the trigger on that spot.

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, Palm Springs CA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 65 votes
    4y

    I’m a Realtor in Santa Monica, but willing to come out to the valley to network. Always looking to connect & grow! Reach out. ~Sherri

  • Santa Clarita Ca · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Joshua Sinatra hi josh long time no see. I would love to start doing the meetings again. I have a few friends that would like to join me this time as well.

  • Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Hey everyone, I'd love to network with this group. I'm from the SFV, around CSUN. I'm new to the RE investing world and would love to learn from you all. I also hope to share what I'm currently doing with my RE journey and would welcome any feedback.

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    @Kim Heinrich Hope you have been well! Yes I would like to get it going as well. Just trying to get a business allowing the group to gather like we all used to. 

  • Santa Clarita · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Thanks @Joshua Sinatra!  Hopefully we can get something together sometime soon.  I’ll circle back with Mike at Augusta.

  • Santa Clarita Ca · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Joshua Sinatra I’m sure Augusta will let us. Do u want me to reach out to my sis in law. She works there and is good friends with mike

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    @Adam Endeman & @Kim Heinrich Sounds Good! I will be meeting with Mike and David on Wednesday as well anyway. I will be sure to bring it up. Do you want to do meetings month to month? If so what day of the month are you thinking? 

  • Santa Clarita Ca · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Joshua Sinatra Tuesday after 4 would be best for me!

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    Sounds good, ill see what they have available

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    Hey All, Mike has been pretty strict on covid rules so is keeping the office open for pretty much staff only. 

    Are there any other areas you would want to check out?

  • Joshua SinatraPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    Hey All, how would you feel about zoom meetings instead for now?

  • Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    I would love to join the zoom meeting if there's any. And I hope to introduce myself and learn and connect with you guys.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.