My Success In Wholesaling

My Success In Wholesaling

Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes

Hello Everyone, 

I would like to share my success with some of you.... I have done 2 wholesale deals over $50,000 and i just wanted to let newbies that wholesaling works! If you're on the verge of giving up, please don't. You are one step closer to your first paycheck. I tried posting checks here but they removed the post, so i'm just typing it up. 

When i first got started, it was a little rocky, but as soon as i got my first deal, it was going up from there. I am writing this to hopefully inspire you to take action and not give up. 

Talk soon, 

Tarek Wazzan

14Reply
93 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

So you're trying to promote yourself as a newbie that made a few $50K+ checks, but you just happen to have a website offering training for $499. Give me a break man. This post reaks and should be deleted. Get a pro account if you want to market your education programs.

Nice pic of you and the Lambo. Where'd you rent it?

See this reply in the discussion

39 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anaheim, CA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Tarek Wazzan Thanks for sharing the positive story! Any chance your able to share your insights on whats been working for you in regards to wholesaling? Thanks!

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mike E.:

    @Tarek Wazzan Thanks for sharing the positive story! Any chance your able to share your insights on whats been working for you in regards to wholesaling? Thanks!

    Hey Mike, anytime! I mostly focus on mailing postcards. I have a system that I use that's been working for me. It took me a while to get it to this level. If you want PM me. 

  • New Haven, CT · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 19 votes
    9y
    Nice! I sent my first mailing out maybe 2 months ago. Hopefully I have my first deal by the new year. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Burbank, IL · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @Tarek Wazzan thanks for posting this. I truly believe in wholesaling. Even if my family and friends dont. I started direct mailing and have already received calls and have already had people hang up on me for not wanting to buy at their price. Lol. Im not gonna stop though. Just curious as to where your leads came from? Absentee owners, inheritence, tax delinquent, etc? 

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    9y

    @Tarek Wazzan way to not give up and congrats on the success. Keep it up!

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Corey Spruill:

    Nice! I sent my first mailing out maybe 2 months ago. Hopefully I have my first deal by the new year. Thanks for the inspiration!

     That's awesome Corey! Keep it up man. You're welcome :) 

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Enrique Robles:

    @Tarek Wazzan thanks for posting this. I truly believe in wholesaling. Even if my family and friends dont. I started direct mailing and have already received calls and have already had people hang up on me for not wanting to buy at their price. Lol. Im not gonna stop though. Just curious as to where your leads came from? Absentee owners, inheritence, tax delinquent, etc? 

     Hey Enrique, that's great that you have started man. Don't listen to anyone, success will talk buddy! My leads came from absentee owners list. I mostly focus on those. Good luck to you.

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Brett Snodgrass:

    @Tarek Wazzan way to not give up and congrats on the success. Keep it up!

     Hey Brett, thanks a bunch man! I have even a better deal that will surprise people. I will post another thread on it. The deal i'm talking about i bought for 37k and appraised as is at 250k. Have a good day man!

  • Wholesaler · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2015 · 277 posts · 95 votes
    9y
    Tarek Wazzan I would like to know about the system you have for mailing
  • Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the inspiration! I've read quite a few posts about how Wholesaling "Doesn't work" and "you'll go bankrupt", finally some encouragement. I'm actually just getting started my self, what would the top 3 tips you'd give a newbie starting out?

    Respectfully,

    Aaron K. Forness

  • Williamstown , NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Can you tell us roughly how much you invested in marketing before you made your first deal ? Thank you
  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 293 posts · 109 votes
    9y

    Awesome story @Tarek Wazzan, I am just getting started in wholesaling in Phoenix.  I am wondering how you go about building your buyer's list.

  • La Vergne, TN · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 28 votes
    9y
    Nice posts everyone, that encourages me too. Evan Bell, you built your list by going Real Estate investment meetings(REI) in your area, ask for cash buyers, you will be amazed; Craig list- within your location; look for bandit signs or billboards which say, We buy houses cash; Stop at any building site where you see any renovation is going on, most of the times are rehabbers and ask for their business cards to pass your deal when you find one.
  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I love success stories. Each story ignites someone's fire who might've been on the verge of giving up.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    So you're trying to promote yourself as a newbie that made a few $50K+ checks, but you just happen to have a website offering training for $499. Give me a break man. This post reaks and should be deleted. Get a pro account if you want to market your education programs.

    Nice pic of you and the Lambo. Where'd you rent it?

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    Thank you guys @Michael Schaeffer I invested around $1000 before getting my first deal in postcard marketing. @Evan Bell Go to your local REIA meetings and start introducing yourself and get everyone's info or business cards. You can even do searches on your county website or should be able to at least and find out the LLC's that bought in the area you're interested in and send them a letter. @Derik Keith I sure will buddy! @Selina Banda That's right! @Shaun Lewis Thanks Shaun! 

    @Aaron Mazzrillo First of all Aaron, i'm very respectful so i'm not going to argue with you. I have been doing this for over 5 years and yes i clearly mention i do rent them because i have the luxury to do that. If that's an issue to you, then please don't post here anymore. Have a great Day :) 

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2010 · 78 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    This is awesome, I'm trying to get started in wholesaleing.  Any tips for a wanna be successful girl would be appreciated

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    No disrespect. Just calling it as I see it and this post is nothing more than a marketing effort on your part to drive inexperienced investors to your site so you can sell them educational products and probably coaching. Why else would you specifically target "newbies" in your post. You don't bother mentioning you've been at this 5 years until later. Instead you mislead people by saying, "When i first got started, it was a little rocky, but as soon as i got my first deal, it was going up from there." Then you respond to multiple posts with; hit me up on FB, check out my academy on my website, PM me.

    I and I will bet every other person who read that thought you only started wholesaling recently and wow, look at that - already ripping $50K checks. BUT, then you mention you keep them as rentals. SO, are those REALLY $50K wholesale checks or did you sell off 2 rentals that you've owned for a few years? I've made over $100K multiple times from selling off rentals. I bought them, baby sat them for years and years. The market went up and I sold them. Guess what? That doesn't make me a genius. It isn't even proof that I'm smart. I might look smart for having done it, but it really had nothing to do with me. It was the market. The market created that income. 

    So, you like posting proof of your success. Let's see that pink slip on "your" Lambo. While you're at it, let's see the HUDs on those "$50K wholesale fees."

  • Rental Property Investor · Claremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 292 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Mazzrillo

    Nothing worse than a bait-and-switch artist preying on the emotions of others.  It's funny because I remember seeing this post before when he first posted it and didn't think anything of it, but now that you mention it, and with a little closer inspection, it's pretty obvious what he was trying to do.  I'm new to wholesaling but certainly not new to real estate investing and DEFINITELY not new to sales and training.  I'm all for the pep-talks and trying to help the newcomers out.  If you're so passionate about it @Tarek Wazzan, why don't you offer your services for free to help the greater good?  Or partner with people?

    Word of wisdom to people out there:  When someone is trying to get your attention by "selling you the sizzle, not the steak" such as taking pictures next to their expensive sports car or has a video of some random guy sail surfing with slogans all over the page like "quit your 9 - 5", BE VERY CAUTIOUS.  The core of all sales of this nature is to appeal to your emotional side so that you ignore your rational side and make a rash decision like sign up for some online coaching course.  

    He may be legit, he may not be, I'm not going to comment on that because I don't know anything about him.  But I can say from personal experience, I've seen this pattern before and 99% of the time, only $h!t heads use tactics like this and it's really shameful.  Thank God for Karma :D

    On a different note, thank you BP for all the FREE PODCASTS AND FREE EDUCATION OUT THERE.  No need to pay for garbage when you have diamonds all around.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Here is my full proof way to sniff out douchery; 

    As they try to get your money out of you by telling you how successful you can be, they show you three things during their sales pitch; Expensive cars, big expensive houses and water which is usually them by a pool or standing somewhere with an ocean view. He's fallen in line with two of the three.

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 150 posts · 58 votes
    9y

    @Tarek Wazzan

    Congrats on those awesome deals! Wholesaling has always been interesting to me although I do not think its an area of real estate that would work for me. 

    Keep it up and best of luck in the future. 

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    To @Aaron Mazzrillo & @P.J. Bremner lol you guys have no work to do! Go get deals and stop worrying about my success... To the other readers, i have attached a proof of a deal i did over 50k. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Claremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 292 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    @Tarek Wazzan

    First off, I never once said that you didn't make any money.  Second, I never criticized your success.  Clearly you are getting uber defensive because you're being called out for questionable marketing tactics.  You got caught, you won't fess up to it, now you resort to acting like a child and making presumptions about two people you know absolutely nothing about.  You know nothing about my businesses or success.  I suspect you would have made an AMAZING politician based on the way you react to adversity.

    I won't stoop to your childish level, but I will say that you have demonstrated EXACTLY what I was trying to warn others about.  Best of luck to those who decide to pay this guy a penny for guidance.  Just make sure you ask yourself, do you really want to work with a person who acts like this?

    On a side note, I'm at home on a weekday and saw an opportunity to help those unsuspecting noobs from being taken by someone who clearly has ethical issues.  Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe... I have the financial backing to do so, as opposed to "having no work to do"?  It's laughable.  Grow up please.

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    Thank you for your concerns @P.J. Bremner ! I wish you the best of luck and have a great day :) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Claremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 292 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    @Tarek Wazzan

    Likewise.

    Food for thought:  Do you think anyone would have said anything if you approached the post differently, instead of intentionally trying to mislead people?

    My concern wasn't directed at you OR your success, but simply the methods of your delivery.  But you knew that from the get go and you decided to ignore the concerns that were raised and became combative and petty.  You're going to continue to do what you do, nothing anyone says to you will change that.  I just wanted to give an alternative perspective on the matter so people reading these posts can have more than just one opinion.  If you have students that have paid for your "academy" and have success, why don't you bring them on and have them vouch for you??  A much more honest, respectable and legit way of advertising rather than pretending to be new and wildly successful.

    And for the record, I "retired" at the age of 29 and own several businesses that are all successful.  I'm new to wholesaling but certainly not new to snake-oil salesmen.

    As you said, best of luck and have a marvelous day ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.