Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 19 votes
My wife and i were featured on HGTV "Tiny house big living". We have several short term rentals in the atlanta area. We purchased/ designed and built the tiny house for 50k. We are using it as a short term rental property currently. We make between 1800-2500 a month on this 400sq ft cash cow. The link is below!!
Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 44 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam@Jason Kahle Hello Everyone, I am a Tiny Home Architect here in Houston. I have a major tiny home builder in UTAH I work with. PM me if you need any consultation.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 5 votes
9y
That's great! Seems like that's quite the cash flow. I was considering the tiny house strategy recently. What do you think of putting multiple tiny houses on 1 lot?
Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam very interesting I was reading about tiny houses on this one webpage because I was looking into what to do with vacant land. So could this be a option for me if the zoning is correct? Thats a crazy amount of cash flow it must be a vacation thing and still rents for a lot I have not read the link yet.
Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam what are the possibilities with 10 20 acres? I was considering growing hops a community garden raising animals tiny houses so many ideas.
Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 38 votes
9y
Darrel Maxam I'm. Realtor here in Atlanta. Do you live in Decatur? Where are you building a community at? I would love to check it out. My friend is looking to do this on his property as well. What is your property currently zoned or does it not matter since it's on wheels?
Real Estate Agent · Media, PA · Member since 2017 · 361 posts · 250 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam beautiful tiny house and property man! This is something I have been wanting to pursue in my area of the Philly suburbs. How is your vacancy rate on the tiny house? Do you see it as something that is scalable while still maintaining good occupancy rates?
Real Estate Agent · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 76 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam whoa! I did not expect it to be that nice once I clicked the link. Awesome house and land scrapping for sure! Glad to see another fellow GA investor doing well. Good luck building your tiny house community, very unique strategy! Congrats on all the positive reviews also, I know that can make or break an Air BnB
Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 283 votes
9y
Darrel Maxam great idea! House is very cute and very on trend - I'd love to stay in a "tiny" house for a weekend just to see what it is like and I'm sure others feel the same way. Do you guys use a cleaning service or manage that yourselves?
Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
9y
I actually saw this episode and I was perplexed why would you guys leave that beautiful house and move into a tiny house with a newborn but now I see why! That's was an awesome deal and this is making the wheels turn in my head about getting creative live with alternate investments.
Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 44 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam@Jason Kahle Hello Everyone, I am a Tiny Home Architect here in Houston. I have a major tiny home builder in UTAH I work with. PM me if you need any consultation.
Tunnel Hill, GA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 4 votes
9y
@Darrel Maxam what a concept! Way to think out of the box. Like Erica, I would like to test drive your idea and maybe even have a side conversation on your vision for it. I am only 90 miles north of Atlanta but I think that same concept would have incredible results in Chattanooga. Let me know