Tiny House in Atlanta

Tiny House in Atlanta

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 19 votes

My wife and i were featured on HGTV "Tiny house big living". We have several short term rentals in the atlanta area. We purchased/ designed and built the tiny house for 50k. We are using it as a short term rental property currently. We make between 1800-2500 a month on this 400sq ft cash cow. The link is below!!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16676073

12Reply
130 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 44 votes
9y

@Darrel Maxam @Jason Kahle Hello Everyone, I am a Tiny Home Architect here in Houston. I have a major tiny home builder in UTAH I work with. PM me if you need any consultation.

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Leo Morales I would love to talk. I have the whole buisness plan written out. I have strategically tested it for the past 3 years. And now it's going live. Call me when you are free

  • Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
    9y

    @Darrel Maxam I just came to Atlanta on vacation from Japan. @Anna Watkins told me about your project and I was blown away by the photos. To be honest, after living in Japan, the space doesn't seem so tiny, but that just shows extremely well planned and executed use of space. I love it!

    Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

  • Investor · Sparks, NV · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 51 votes
    9y
    This is fantastic! I'm rehabbing a home with quarters for an Airb&b in East Atlanta. That neighborhood is a hot market! My house will be on the market in September.
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Congrats. I've built some 320sf container homes but never a tiny (on wheels) home.
  • Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
    9y

    @Cody L. I am in interested in this as well in Temecula on a lot of land. Is this a possibility? I have been bit by the real estate bug!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Robin Boyer:

    @Cody L. I am in interested in this as well in Temecula on a lot of land. Is this a possibility? I have been bit by the real estate bug!

    No idea. With the rules in cali who knows. I have lots of land around various apt buildings so doing an experiement with some containers was fun. Not as bunch BS hoops out in Houston. 

  • Investor · Collinston, UT · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    @Ron Dancy any pics of the stock designs?  

  • Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    @Mark Christensen Stock Designs Yes. Send me a PM.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    @Cody L. How was your experience with shipping containers?

  • Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
    9y

    @Darrel Maxam I saw picture of the tiny house looked like a nice set up. Can you list a set of instructions of one was trying to do this? I am trying to understand what you did exactly. From what I am understanding a vacant lot and you put Tiny houses on landscape made it seem like a retreat. If if you have a list of steps you took I think a lot of new investors can make use of it thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ron Dancy:

    @Cody L. How was your experience with shipping containers?

     Good.  Though I did it just for fun / learning.

  • Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
    9y

    @Cody L. Would you be willing to share some of the experiences you've had with the sf container homes? Perhaps starting a new thread and linking to it here?

    I see that many of us are interested in what you have done. Don't mean to put you on the spot but I'm really fascinated by that.

    Thank you.

  • Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
    9y

    Wondering were I can buy a tiny home looks like they are made out in the Midwest and all over but I am in California. Long drive!

  • Dulles, VA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Great job Darrel! Your story is inspiring. 

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @robin Boyer

    I know some builders shoot me a message with your email adress. 

  • Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
    9y

    @Darrel Maxam I just spoke with a tiny home builder today and it was a great conversation. He said he goes to home and garden shows and there is always like 500 people wanting to go inside and look! I just spoke with the county about the zoning and they say they allow a rv park. Takes 9 months and a nice roll of cash! Any tips or advice here thank you! I am in love with tiny homes now I have been looking a tiny several for sale.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    I wish I could figure put how to message people from within the BP app - am I missing something? I also can't see any options to add someone as a colleague from within the app...? Darrel Maxam this is an awesome story and I love your tiny house! I was wondering if you could tell me about zoning and how you handled that/gathered the necessary info? I like in Dekalb County and have thought about building a tiny house, but don't know what the zoning situation would be here...I see you are in East Point.
  • Robert LindsleyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 185 posts · 53 votes
    9y
    Hi Darrel Maxam my friend and I were just talking about something like this yesterday. My background is multifamily buy and hold properties but this sounds really exciting. My plan would be to buy a property that has a main house and some acreage, put a few tiny homes on it, and list everything on airbnb. Do your tiny homes have utilities? It looks like they do...how did you get electricity and water out to them, and did you need any permits to do that portion? Thanks! Robert.
  • Surveyor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2015 · 797 posts · 112 votes
    9y

    @Robert Lindsley what's up! This is such a great thread and his story has inspired me to start a Air B&B and vacation rental program. I have looked at land spoke with the county the civil engineer a developer a lot of people. If you would like to connect i can share what I know and speak of a idea I had for the west coast!

  • Home Builder · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Darrel,

    Would love builder information.  Your place is amazing. 

    Cindy and John Johnson

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Robert Lamon Luther 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Darrel Maxam:

    My wife and i were featured on HGTV "Tiny house big living". We have several short term rentals in the atlanta area. We purchased/ designed and built the tiny house for 50k. We are using it as a short term rental property currently. We make between 1800-2500 a month on this 400sq ft cash cow. The link is below!!

    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16676073

     Congrats Darrel, that's awesome! Although, wow, that is a tiny house (but great income).

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    So I am planning to scale this tiny house community. Location has already been picked out.  Who's interested ? 

  • Investor · Yarmouth, Nova Scotia · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Pictures look great. Nice work!

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Darrel Maxam Hey Darrel, I see this post is about two years old.. I am trying to build a tiny home in my backyard on the Westside of Atlanta. I have a few questions to ask if you're available. Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.