Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 327 posts · 152 votes
Ahhhhh finally successfully flipped my first contact/property at 20 years old. After failing numerous amounts of times, the persistence finally paid off. Profit was only 4,000 but am extremely grateful as it motivates me to do more. Thank you to Biggerpockets.com, the podcasts, the other forums, articles, and everyone who responded to me and led me in the right direction. BiggerPockets helped me immensely, as it was the first place I came to when I got into real estate investing. Thank you everyone !!!
Property Manager · Wisconsin and Florida · Member since 2017 · 346 posts · 227 votes
8y
Nice work! If I had started when I was 20, I'd be a zillionaire by now. What an advantage to you for starting so young and you will be highly successful with your amount of persistence!
Congrats! Did the house need repairs? How did you determine the price?
Thank you! Yes it did. I went and took a look around the proeprty, looked at comps and what sold and that's how I determined the price. The seller had a contractor give an estimate on repairs which was about 70-80,000 so he had enough room to make a profit once he renovated.
Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 276 posts · 181 votes
8y
Congrats man. Ride this tidal wave of congratulations and praise but jump off right before it crashes. What are you doing to create a business, it sounds like his was a one and done deal off craigslist. Those don’t happen very often.
What marketing systems are you setting up for lead generation, who are you connecting with and what’s your plan moving forward? You don’t have to tell me, just know it for yourself and act on it. Love to see it happen.
Godspeed
Congrats man. Ride this tidal wave of congratulations and praise but jump off right before it crashes. What are you doing to create a business, it sounds like his was a one and done deal off craigslist. Those don’t happen very often.
What marketing systems are you setting up for lead generation, who are you connecting with and what’s your plan moving forward? You don’t have to tell me, just know it for yourself and act on it. Love to see it happen.
Godspeed
Absolutely agree. Craigslist is once in a blue moon. I love direct mail. I'm going to send out a pre foreclosure mail campaign in a week. I hope to build a system with employees that pretty much run itself. Thanks so much.