Buy/Hold #7 is Complete

Most Popular Reply

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 316 posts · 130 votes
8y
Originally posted by @Rashad Luckett:
Check it out.......

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sznc5WkhNhsl7YonJcwas5bOAfLfpSG3KbfiPSCtTW0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Purchase: 67k Rehab: 33k Rent: 1125/mth BRRRR: Refi with commercial LOC @ 85%LTV, Appraisal came in at 130k

On to the next one.....

 Congratulations.

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett wow great job .... hoping to get my first deal done by the years end ...... how did you come up with the ARV ?
  • Savannah, GA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 108 votes
    8y
    @Darrell Carter Looking at recent sales of similar homes in the past 6 months. I have had many appraisals over the past 2 years. I have studied each one in detail so when I am calculating arv for a new project I think like an appraiser would.
  • Rental Property Investor · Southern NH · Member since 2017 · 87 posts · 100 votes
    8y

    Solid rehab!  Congratulations!

  • Fredericksburg, VA · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett Awesome job! It’s very inspirational to see things like this.
  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett what is the net operating income now that you have the refi in place?
  • Jason JamesPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 64 votes
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett congratulations!! Nice work .
  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 137 posts · 80 votes
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett nice work!!! Just a question about the plumbing. I notice the pipes were on the outside. Did that help contribute to the lower cost or is it typical in the area to have the pipes run outside with insulation?
  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    8y

    Wow, congrats. Sounds like a great deal and great market to work in.

  • St. Louis, MO · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett The improvement list is impressive and the pictures look great. Congratulations!
  • Savannah, GA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 108 votes
    8y
    @Tony Mai It was necessary because it's a flat roof and access is limited. The funny part is we demoed all the ceilings but the slab leak didn't develop until they were put back together. We are also in a very warm climate so pipes outside is not uncommon.
  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 41 votes
    8y
    @Rashad Luckett Excellent! How much money do you cash flow total?
  • Rental Property Investor · Denham Springs, LA · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    @Rashad Luckett congrats on the project! This is exactly what i'm looking to do on my next property. This will be my first rehab.

  • Savannah, GA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 108 votes
    8y
    @Josh Lyons It should cash flow around 250-400/mth which is typical for my area
  • Architect · Raleigh, NC and Mid Michigan · Member since 2014 · 106 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Thanks Rashad...

    So 85% of $130K is $110,500 (minus closing costs).  Your all in is at $100K (purchase, rehab).  That leaves < $10,500 for down payment and rehab of next property? 

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    8y

    Congrats on a job well done!

  • Investor · Victoria , TX · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Congratulations! great job

  • Savannah, GA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 108 votes
    8y
    @Terry N. Actually, I have all of it to use. I have been recycling the same money over and over for a while. It would take a long post to break down in detail but basically I used none of my own money on my first deal and it had enough equity that I have been able to finance everything else since without adding any funds other than extracting equity from my properties. Hope that makes sense.
  • Rental Property Investor · Plainfield, IN · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    8y

     Well done.  I'm working on #7, too.

  • Investor · Washington D.C. · Member since 2010 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    Congrats! Keep going

  • Nesconset, NY · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    @Heather Swope how long did it take you to buy the first 6 properties?
  • Mc Gregor, TX · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    Amazing and congrats!  Thanks for sharing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Plainfield, IN · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Anthony Petrozzella It took me 8 years. It’s nearly impossible for me to get a mortgage because I live outside the US. I got mortgages for the first three. It was a very difficult, stressful process. I was in the middle of the mortgage process on #3 in Sep 2008. Suddenly it became even more difficult. I had to pay cash for the last three properties because most banks just won’t even talk to me when they hear I don’t live in the U.S.

  • Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Well done, thanks for the inspiration.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.