1st BRRRR Property - Fayetteville NC

1st BRRRR Property - Fayetteville NC

Joe PrillamanPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes

For all my Wilmington, NC and Fayetteville NC peeps,

I have decided to start posting more on the forms. I have never been a big player in social media but I want to inspire people to go ahead and jump into real estate! If I can do this than anyone can do it. 

Property#1

Property Address: 508 Alleghany Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304, USA

Purchase Price: $43,161

Rehab Cost: $13,900

ARV: $80,000

Current Rent: $900

Vacancy: 7%

Property Management: 10%

Capital Expenditures: 5%

Maintenance: 5%

Total Time from purchase to refinance: 12 weeks

Total cash invested: $0 

Monthly Cash Flow: $137

What I would do differently: Ok so this was my first property so I was scared to death and was banking on the 2 years of learning and networking I had done prior to purchasing this property for wisdom and guidance. Looking back I would have replaced the HVAC in an attempt to raise the ARV and wrap that whole cost into the refinance. Now i'm looking at having to replace the HVAC in the near future "it's 20 years old" and the same thing can be said for the roof, It is only 7ish years old but I believe that replacing it could have raised that ARV significantly.

Pictures to Follow!!!!

20Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y

Seems like you had a good contractor, I know that paint color ;) 

Good job dude. So easy 

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y
  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Nicely done, looking forward to seeing more of these.

  • Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Seems like you had a good contractor, I know that paint color ;) 

    Good job dude. So easy 

  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 45 votes
    7y

    Well done, especially for your first one. Keep 'em coming!

  • Wes M.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Southeastern, NC · Member since 2018 · 163 posts · 146 votes
    7y

    Looks great - nice work! Did you use a local bank or one in Wilmington?

  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y

    @Wes M. I actually use a mortgage broker here in Wilmington. 

  • New to Real Estate · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman thank you for the inspiration.

  • Investor · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 673 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman . Amazing work. And when it comes to inspiring others, you definitely need to post more. Congrats on taking action. If you want to network further, we do have a very active meetup in the Raleigh area. Check out our meetings in the Events section. We had one yesterday.

  • New to Real Estate · Knightdale, NC · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman.

    I'm new to REI and thank you for your post and encouragement.

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Joe Prillaman I live in the Charlotte area and am starting to consider the Fayetteville area for BRRR. Is it a good market?
  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y

    @Walther Mendez

    I love Fayetteville in my opinion it is a great market.

  • Real Estate Broker · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thanks for sharing! The reno looks great. Keep it up!

  • MD · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this. It's super helpful to someone like me who is new to both investing and Fayetteville! Were you happy with your contractor?

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 493 posts · 386 votes
    7y

    Excellent job on your first BRRRR.

    When doing the refi did Bank request or ask for Permits or they just did an Appraisal to determine Home Value??

    What was the LTV you were able to get for refi 75 or 80%??

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman congrats. I’m also a newbie and looking forward to my first deal. Your post said no cash invested?Did you use a Hml?

  • New to Real Estate · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    7y
    @Joe Prillaman Great stuff!!! i live in Fayetteville and about to start investing here as well hopefully we can network and share resources and ideas !!
  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Raul R.:

    Excellent job on your first BRRRR.

    When doing the refi did Bank request or ask for Permits or they just did an Appraisal to determine Home Value??

    What was the LTV you were able to get for refi 75 or 80%??

    They just ran an Appraisal for the home value, 75% LTV

  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Arreana Marie:

    @Joe Prillaman congrats. I’m also a newbie and looking forward to my first deal. Your post said no cash invested?Did you use a Hml?

     I did not but the numbers would have worked for a Hard Money Lender. I used a private money lender 

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman Thanks for posting! I’m also a new and fearful of making my first purchase. I’m going to real estate meetups to learn more.

    Please keep posting as you progress.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    This is great inspiration man!  Awesome work on the renovations!

  • Real Estate Agent · Westchester County, NY · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman Congratulations and great job! How did you find this deal? MLS, networking, etc...?

  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Vincent Harris:

    @Joe Prillaman Congratulations and great job! How did you find this deal? MLS, networking, etc...?

    Everything I have done is MLS

  • Rental Property Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2018 · 66 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman awesome job! Thanks for sharing and please continue to share! Really inspiring especially for us newbies!

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    congrats, but why cover up those nice wooden floors in the bedroom with carpet? :)

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 189 posts · 102 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman This is very impressive. congrats!

    How did you locate this property? Was it on the MLS, purchased from a wholesaler, found it yourself off-market?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.