Where are you BRRRRing and what are your stories?

Where are you BRRRRing and what are your stories?

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 7 votes

My wife and I are looking to do our first BRRRR on a property and are scoping out a few different markets. Where are the rest of you all having good luck?

Cheers!

Blake

1Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Corby GoadeBusiness Member
Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y

We BRRRR right here in our backyard, in the Boise, Idaho area. It's been a great market for us to grow in, it's the greatest appreciating metro area in the country over the last five years, so creating equity and leveraging hasn't been too much of a challenge.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Hey @Blake West!  That is a chillingly good idea!  

    I BRRRR in Oklahoma City and there are several parts of the city that are extremely ideal for BRRRRing. I also know the greater Little Rock area in central Arkansas to be filled with potential. I'm currently in Salt Lake City hunting some BRRRR deals but, to be frank, I haven't seen anything here that beats Oklahoma (except the mountains, of course).

    Good luck in the hunt, Blake!

  • Sammamish, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Will Fraser which areas in OKC are you finding your deals?

  • Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Moore, the Urban Core, The Village (occasionally), and Norman. A lot of people love Del City because of the low cost of purchase, but it's not my jam. Edmond is great, but everybody thinks that, so even dated houses typically sell for high enough that BRRRR leads to 15-20% left in the deal.

    I hope that was helpful!  It's a bit of a fly-through from 30,000 feet, but I'm always here for followups!

  • Hadar OrkibiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
    7y

    You can BRRRR anywhere if you buy right.

    Here is my story: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Corby GoadeBusiness Member
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    We BRRRR right here in our backyard, in the Boise, Idaho area. It's been a great market for us to grow in, it's the greatest appreciating metro area in the country over the last five years, so creating equity and leveraging hasn't been too much of a challenge.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Will Fraser - Interesting. Thank you for sharing. I will add Oklahoma to my list of places to research.
    @Hadar Orkibi - Thanks for sharing your story! I will read it.

    @Corby Goade - I hear Idaho has a lot of potential. Thank you for sharing!

  • Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Corby Goade . . . stats or it didn't happen!

    I jest, but on the serious side I did just sit in a Utah REIA meeting and hear the speaker say that the Utah market, and the Salt Lake City MSA in general, has been the fastest appreciating market in the US over the past 5 years. It makes me wonder . . . where do you find these numbers? Who is right here?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Will Fraser -in terms of looking up numbers - I just listened to this very informative podcast on that:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/088-run-numbers-to-make-right-investments/id1286705016?i=1000447911414

  • Corby GoadeBusiness Member
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Will Fraser, I was wondering if someone would call me out! I am sure there are lots of different agencies using different criteria, but the most recent I've seen is a report from the Federal Housing Finance Agency:

    https://www.fhfa.gov/AboutUs/Reports/ReportDocuments/HPI_2019Q2.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3KzMc3T_hmVfCrbY-uWUqQ1xnJtbFIVFJ8ikN-tRSO268N7WU_nH-bAug


    There are lots of stats and tables, but to save you the energy, this is the specific one I was referring to: 


    Utah is close behind, has us beat on the 30 year mark. 
     

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 27 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Corby Goade:

    @Will Fraser, I was wondering if someone would call me out! I am sure there are lots of different agencies using different criteria, but the most recent I've seen is a report from the Federal Housing Finance Agency:

    https://www.fhfa.gov/AboutUs/Reports/ReportDocuments/HPI_2019Q2.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3KzMc3T_hmVfCrbY-uWUqQ1xnJtbFIVFJ8ikN-tRSO268N7WU_nH-bAug


    Concur with Corby on the Boise (entire Treasure Valley really, Ada and Canyon Counties) market. The past 5 years of growth have been tremendous and I don't see our local market slowing down substantially for at least two years.

  • Real Estate Agent · OK · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Good afternoon @Blake West! I work with a lot of out of state investors who are investing in the Oklahoma City market currently! The market here is a pretty stable one with a lot of industries that contribute to that. There are a lot of areas that are undergoing revitalizations and drawing in investors and renters! If you'd like to chat more about the Oklahoma City market please feel free to reach out!

    Jessica Brunner

  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2019 · 956 posts · 600 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Nicolas Lam:

    @Will Fraser which areas in OKC are you finding your deals?

    The numbers will still be tight, but NE OKC and some areas in S OKC you can find the deals that are undervalue/distressed enough to BRRRR.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.