Amazing before and after Se Portland fix and flip project

Amazing before and after Se Portland fix and flip project

Flipper/Rehabber · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 10 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $300,000
Cash invested: $10,000
Sale price: $453,000

Wholesale deal on a 3 bed 1 bath with detached garage in great SE Portland location

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Home was in fairly good shape and had some significant upgrades (windows, solar panels, and roof). Home just needed some serious e updating and clean up

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

wholesale dealer in the Portland metro area

How did you finance this deal?

I used $50k from a private money lender at a flat 8% rate (so paid them $4,000) on the money with no points and no payments through project. I used their money for the down payment, fees with the hard money loan and about $10k in renovations. I then took a hard money loan out for the purchase and renovations.

How did you add value to the deal?

We completely updated the home. New kitchen, bathroom, paint in and out, re did the hard wood floors, landscaping overhaul.

What was the outcome?

took about 2 months to renovate and sold the first weekend for over asking (which was more than we anticipated listing for) and for cash through flyhomes (google them if your buying a home, they turn your offer into a cash deal...interesting and quick)

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Pad your numbers. we went about 20k over budget but listed for $25k more than expected soooo it worked out but we rolled the dice. Also, depending on area sewer scope prior to purchase. We ended up having to replace the line which we had not budgeted for and could have negotiated at the beginning.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Lending home was the hard money lender and I was the real estate agent through John L Scott Portland...

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Will FraserPro Member
Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

Way to go, @Micah Shelton!  You're making some happy home-owners in the Portland world!

Keep up the great work!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 86 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    Sounds awesome, I always like to know......what was your net profit? 

  • Will FraserPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Way to go, @Micah Shelton!  You're making some happy home-owners in the Portland world!

    Keep up the great work!

  • Engineer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Micah Shelton. “Completely updating the home” with new kitchen etc. seems like it may cost more than 10k. Otherwise, good job

  • Rental Property Investor · Shakopee, MN · Member since 2015 · 985 posts · 374 votes
    6y

    Wow!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Steve B. I wish it was only 10k. That was my contribution overall to the project. By using a mix of investor money and hard money I limit my personal capital. I do invest my time in every project which I’m working on decreasing as well.

    As for profits on this one. We ended up netting around $30k total which I share with my GC at a 60/40 rate. I also take 2% on the selling side of the real estate deal. Overall project took about 6 weeks of Reno and only a 3 week close.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Thomas Jackson

    As for profits on this one. We ended up netting around $30k total which I share with my GC at a 60/40 rate. I also take 2% on the selling side of the real estate deal. Overall project took about 6 weeks of Reno and only a 3 week close.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.