253 Units At 24 & Going Full Time

253 Units At 24 & Going Full Time

Investor · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 674 votes

This week, in a 24 hour period, I've purchased more units than I have in the last 24 years. A total of 142 units from 2 properties, in addition to the 111 I already own. I've been involved in real estate since I was 18, so this did not happen overnight. I post this thread to inspire others that it is indeed possible, and to be as helpful as I can by answering questions.

Both of the deals I've closed this week were off market mobile home parks, and seller financed with attractive terms. One property is a 30 year, fully amortized loan at 4% interest. The other was purchased for $5.5K down. Both are non recourse. The total purchase price for both properties was $2.3MM. Seller financing is a great way to get into properties with little or no money down.

For both properties, it took several months & many visits before getting under contract. During this time, there's also been several deals that did not pan out. The key is to keep your pipeline full of deals you are analyzing, offers you are making, and continuing to look for new properties. As Sam Zell put it, "All the opportunity in the world means nothing if you don't pull the trigger".

Another big part of my strategy is essentially the BRRRR method applied to commercial property. The down payment on one of the deals ($150K), I came up with by refinancing a property I purchased earlier this year with a business partner (we are both equal in terms of management & money put into the deal). We were able to increase the value from $550K to $800K through a combination of filling vacant units, raising rents, decreasing the expenses, & implementing professional management. One great tip is using move in fees vs deposits; move in fees go into your operating account & boost your bottom line, vs a deposit which sits in escrow until it's refunded.

For the past two years, I have been focusing about 50/50 between real estate investing and my other profession as a health/life insurance broker. As of January, I'm going full time into real estate & will do insurance part time. My partner & are also starting a podcast focused on creative real estate, and launching a mobile home park syndication.

I usually take a photo with the sellers, but in this case, one was a remote closing, and the other was recently discharged from the hospital & did not want me to share his photo, so here are 2 photos from the properties (my manager took these today):

I love real estate, and I love the relationships I've built along the way. I look forward to many more years to come.

34Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
6y

With all the narcissistic posts lately, it's refreshing to read something positive and a success story written with humility.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2009 · 271 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    I see at the bottom u mentioned syndicated mobile home show ,u done syndications ?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y

    congrats looks like money !!  

  • Rental Property Investor · NC · Member since 2018 · 776 posts · 776 votes
    6y

    Congrats on your success! What made you choose MHPs? Are you renting out the homes or selling them and collecting lot rent?

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 429 posts · 393 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    Congrats! Outstanding stuff. Focus and persistence strikes again!!!

  • Kingsland, TX · Member since 2018 · 164 posts · 86 votes
    6y

    Awesome work, @Abraham Anderson! Thank you for sharing your story! What is the name of your podcast?

  • Investor · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 674 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Moore:

    I see at the bottom u mentioned syndicated mobile home show ,u done syndications ?

    I am doing one in 2020. I wanted to have several deals done successfully with my own capital, & have the framework down before I take other people's money. 

    Originally posted by @Lauren Juarez:

    Awesome work, @Abraham Anderson! Thank you for sharing your story! What is the name of your podcast?

    Thank you, Lauren! It is www.CapitalCashflow.com , launching in January 2020. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    Very inspiring ! Your crushing it kid . Keep going don’t get laxed . Make hay while the sun shines ..Push on and get hundreds more

  • Real Estate Agent · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2019 · 194 posts · 181 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson I'm happy for you, but jealous too! Live not too far from Sevierville (Woodbury, Murfreesboro area) and also been looking at mobile home parks! Where these local? How'd you source them?

  • Avery CarlBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · USA · Member since 2016 · 909 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Congratulations! You are crushing it!!!

  • New to Real Estate · Temecula, CA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson thanks for the inspiring story. I haven’t gotten my first property yet but I have been analyzing many deals through. My original plan was to do seller financing deals, which many people have shared success stories with. The issue I have found is finding those deals. How do you find off market seller financing deals on small multi family homes? Do you have any strategies you could share? Thanks!

  • Investor · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 674 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Nick Gann:

    @Abraham Anderson I'm happy for you, but jealous too! Live not too far from Sevierville (Woodbury, Murfreesboro area) and also been looking at mobile home parks! Where these local? How'd you source them?

    Thank you. Both of these are in Northeast TN, and they were found through door knocking. I also own parks in Knoxville & in Pigeon Forge.
    Feel free to reach out, I come to Middle TN about once a month. 

    Originally posted by @Andrew Hyder:

    @Abraham Anderson thanks for the inspiring story. I haven’t gotten my first property yet but I have been analyzing many deals through. My original plan was to do seller financing deals, which many people have shared success stories with. The issue I have found is finding those deals. How do you find off market seller financing deals on small multi family homes? Do you have any strategies you could share? Thanks!

    I recommend cold calling & door knocking, that's where the majority of my deals have come from. A lot of "smaller" properties (multifamily), or MHPs in general are not owned in an LLC, so it's usually easy to find the owner.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson Congratulations man!!!  So happy for your success and wish you much more!  Hope to see you again at the next meetup :) 

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    Sounds awesome! Keep doing what you’re doing!

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    With all the narcissistic posts lately, it's refreshing to read something positive and a success story written with humility.

  • Daniel MendezPro Member
    Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 254 posts · 47 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    Such an inspecting story, Abraham.

    If I may ask, can you tell us a little more about how you came across the property? Did a wholesaler bring them to you? Cold call?

    Also, any tips when cold calling on properties you’re intending to do seller financing?

    Thanks in advance!

  • Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    Definitely awesome work!! I like the move in fee instead of deposits. So are move in fees now similar to rent and kept by owner? My old Carlton Sheets course called then indemnification deposits on the leases so tenant would not view them as last months rent and I believe he could pocket the money.

    Great Stuff though. Rock on.

    Matt,

  • Real Estate Agent · Sevierville TN · Member since 2018 · 305 posts · 224 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson 
    My man keep making it happen!! 

    I love these deals! 

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2017 · 266 posts · 220 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    Awesome! Congrats on the deals and pivoting to full time real estate. How exciting.

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Awesome post. Good job @Abraham Anderson

  • Magnolia , TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson

    WOW! Great deals. Please more details. 
    Waiting for the podcast!

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Incredibly impressive! Great to see such entrepreneurial spirit in TN!

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Mike Dymski:

    With all the narcissistic posts lately, it's refreshing to read something positive and a success story written with humility.

    I was about to write almost verbatim as this Mike, but I decided to read the rest of the comments first. :)

  • Realtor · Pigeon Forge, TN · Member since 2018 · 230 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    Congratulations @Abraham Anderson This will help the local community for extremely needed local housing with a new owner coming in to renovate. A lot of these type housing communities are left to deteriorate allowing for crime to move into the area. Thank you and this is awesome! 

  • Hadar OrkibiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
    6y

    Awesome work @Abraham Anderson ! Making It Happen!

    Amazing to see the progress you are making in the last 12-18 months, Keep up the good work Buddy!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    @Abraham Anderson came across your first post about the 20 unit a couple hours ago, read through that, and then saw you current post with how many units your at. Wow, talk about pushing the envelope and scaling. Awesome job, and your posts are good inspiration for both the young and old. Shows the younger people it can be done, and helps motivate us older guys to stop wasting time and get our butts in gear.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.