Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Binkley
Votes |
I am 18... What do you wish you knew at a young age?

Jeffrey Binkley
Posted Feb 2 2020, 06:15

Hello! I am 18 and brand new to BiggerPockets! I have listened to 20+ hours of BP Podcast and I wanted to throw my first post out here because I cannot believe how active this forum is.

I am 18 and already have $2,000 in my personal ROTH IRA which I am proud of because I am pretty young and 2k is a big chuck of change for kids my age. I figured while I'm young and while I'm only making pennies, I should put it into the market for the compound interest to work on it. My first question is if I should start slowing my retirement saving contributions and start saving my capital for Real Estate. I also am planning on getting my first Credit Card next week and I have been planning on getting one for a while, just to start building my credit. By my calculations someone would have to have about 20 cash flow properties to even make 72k at $300/month. I am very intelligent with finances and am hungry to learn. Thank you for your time.

•Should start slowing my retirement saving contributions and start saving my capital for Real Estate.

•How to make build portfolio and assets the fastest

•Why do REI lend money to other REI, when the REI lending money go out and fundraise to get more capital to invest?

•What are the tips you wish you had at such a young age?

Thanks, Jeff

Loading replies...