Rental Property Investor · Larkspur, CO · Member since 2018 · 198 posts · 179 votes
3y
I’m amazed how casual LL’s are about this sort of thing, be it moratoriums, or now this. We’re not supposed to be too political on these forums, but frankly if we don’t get political there will be no Bigger Pockets some day; Government will be the only LL in town as they keep exerting more and more control over the populous via intentional dependency. Sure that’s extreme in the moment, but the notion of not being allowed to do background checks was pretty well unheard of not long ago. Now you’re hearing of it all over the country. It doesn’t take long. Inflation only makes programs like section 8 more and more common. Do we really want the government as our business partner? Cause that goes so well…
If anything Bigger Pockets should consider spearheading a lobbyist outfit, as much as I hate the very notion of lobbying. But you know the saying; If you can’t beat em, sometimes you have to join em sadly. The longer we just shrug and act like we’re immune to all this nonsense because it’s local or because there are workarounds, the sooner this industry hits a wall and the concept of renting will by default go through a government application.
Contractor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2021 · 82 posts · 35 votes
3y
ok you guys. lol. my quote was really "out of context" for this cally post because like many would agree we are talking about california crazy method homeless killers here. hahaha (personally I have driven past "camps" throughout LA so I know its real. I guess I'm speaking of normal people that don't want to be homeless or a meth head anymore and now they are fine with just weed, a job, and paying rent on time so they can enjoy their Netflix now. lol. I'm glad I'm on the east coast. Too many seasons here but maybe if global warming plays out all your crazy homelessness problems will migrate much further south after california breaks in two pieces and Russell Crowe surfs through the city. ;)
Rental Property Investor · Clayton, GA · Member since 2020 · 185 posts · 152 votes
3y
It's like weekly some crazy thing comes out of CA at this point. It's amazing people continue to put up with all this silliness. Then again with all the people leaving, seems like a lot aren't.
It's like weekly some crazy thing comes out of CA at this point. It's amazing people continue to put up with all this silliness. Then again with all the people leaving, seems like a lot aren't.
It's like weekly some crazy thing comes out of CA at this point. It's amazing people continue to put up with all this silliness. Then again with all the people leaving, seems like a lot aren't.
$5 million reparations coming soon.... 🤣
Per person!!! You have to wonder if the money printers at the fed will ever run out of ink..