Where do you buy envelopes?

Where do you buy envelopes?

Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I'm looking around online for a place to buy bulk envelopes. Specifically, postcard size envelopes, maybe even in light pastel colors.

I'm curious where you guys get yours if you're getting them in the bulk(1000+) from an online retailer.

0Reply
86 views

Most Popular Reply

Jerry PuckettPro Member
Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
14y
Originally posted by K. Marie Poe:
However, I'd love to be wrong about this, and will place an order today if I am.

You're not (wrong that is). Guess I'll stick with Sam's for now. Box of 500, $15

And Michael Quarles, you be a

Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
butt head
all you like. You're just doin' business right? That's what I expect from you. It's endearing.

And no, I'm not going to stop being frugal in order to project an image. That's just silly. Doesn't make good business sense at all. The more I'm able to save in my marketing efforts, the more people I can reach. Pennies turn into dollars.

This thread was started by someone wanting to save money. He got an off board response. Just curious....is there a reason why the rest of us have to fend for ourselves? (or to put it another way...work so hard?) Maybe you just told Nick J. to have a hamburger?

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Guys - This isn't a thread for advertising your company or services . . . if anyone wants to promote their company, we've got a Classifieds forum for just that. Thanks!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    Guys - This isn't a thread for advertising your company or services . . . if anyone wants to promote their company, we've got a Classifieds forum for just that. Thanks!

    What happened? I wasn't advertising anything :(

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    I was... Well not really... You asked where you could get envelopes and I replied from me... Not certain how to answer your question otherwise...

    Sorry Josh

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
    . Not certain how to answer your question otherwise...

    If you weren't an option, where would you go to buy bulk?

    I know there are a million places to buy like office max, staples etc... I see most of them sell in boxes of 100 but I just want to buy more. I don't want super fancy ones, just postcard size and light colored pastel varieties(sp?). Something other than standard white ones and not letter envelope size.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    No problem Michael.

    What about Envelopes.com?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Envelopes.com is hugely expensive... I havent found any of the "Popular URL" sites with great pricing. However we calculate three decimals when figuring cost.

    I dont have an issue with giving you the name of our supplier off forum.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
    I was... Well not really... You asked where you could get envelopes and I replied from me... Not certain how to answer your question otherwise...

    I have no financial affiliation with Michael's company, but I have used him to send yellow letters, and I can vouch for the fact that the envelopes he uses are very effective in getting recipients to open them.

    Of course, I'm sure you can get the same envelopes in a million places and I don't know what Michael charges for envelopes, but from a knowledge standpoint, I'd seriously consider his recommendation if I was looking for envelopes... :)

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
    I was... Well not really... You asked where you could get envelopes and I replied from me... Not certain how to answer your question otherwise...

    I have no financial affiliation with Michael's company, but I have used him to send yellow letters, and I can vouch for the fact that the envelopes he uses are very effective in getting recipients to open them.

    Of course, I'm sure you can get the same envelopes in a million places and I don't know what Michael charges for envelopes, but from a knowledge standpoint, I'd seriously consider his recommendation if I was looking for envelopes... :)

    ya, that's why I kinda want his envelopes, but without the cool handwriting. Since I don't need his full services of list providing and mailing, I just want to take advantage of his cool envelopes that he particularly uses.

    Like he said, the popular url's aren't really great in pricing or quantity.

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    I hope someone comes up with a good answer. I have searched online a lot and found nothing. I like to use the greeting card size envelopes which are now $.12 each...ouch...at Office Max. They are $.10 on line at least last time I checked. Staples once had an online special for $.05 each and I bought thousands which I have now gone through. I'd sure like the name of your supplier Michael Quarles if you are willing to give it to us.

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    I would buy direct from Michael Quarles if that is something he does as part of his business.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Hi Gary.

    All of the envelopes I sell are used.

  • Residential Landlord · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 356 posts · 81 votes
    14y

    Why not ask your local print shop where they buy their envelopes in bulk? If you are already giving them business may be an opportunity to strike a deal with them or their distributor. One problem I see with buying paper is even if you get a deal on product, shipping kills it.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Nick,

    Long time lurker, 1st time poster. Not intend to steer business away from Michael either. Not sure if Joshua would delete the links, but I buy my envelopes from xpressdocs.com. I buy window envelops from them for 2.8 cents each. When you're sending out 2,500 letters per month, every penny adds up.

    Costco is selling 24lbs paper with 800 pages/ream for $5 each. That's a freaking steal. I typically use 28lbs paper because it separates you from your competition on top of your message.

    I buy my printers on Amazon and refill ink/cartridges on supermediastore.com. Of course when I run short on supplies, I have to pay retail prices at Staples or Office Max.

    Disclaimer: I have no affiliations with any of these companies. Just want to share where I think you can get good deals on office supplies.

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    14y

    You might also look for bulk / wholesale lots on ebay or amazon

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Minh L.:
    Nick,

    Long time lurker, 1st time poster.

    I'm glad you finally jumped in. Thank you for you comment. I'll check out the link you provided. These will be for my targeted farm in and around my own home where I'd like to invest more so I'm looking for non-window, greeting card/invitation/postcard size envelopes. Something slightly nicer that I can spread 1000 letters out over 3-4 months, possibly even multiple times.

    thanks again for your input. Stick around and stay active now that you've decided to jump in.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Cypress, TX · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    If you do a lot of mailing you may already be aware of this but I thought I'd throw it out there jsut in case.

    Make sure they aren't square envelopes and double check the deminsions. Square envelopes and rectanglular envelopes that have L/W proportions less that 1.3 or greater than 2.5 carry a postage surcharge.

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2011 · 70 posts · 11 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
    Hi Gary.

    All of the envelopes I sell are used.

    What do you mean "used"? Like all the letters that get sent back?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Hi grant.

    The was a really bad attempt at humor. Josh scolded me for saying where I would buy them if i were Nick so I thought I would retract my statement with bad standup.

    Nevertheless he now has the name of my supplier so he should be set.

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 509 posts · 134 votes
    14y

    Alibaba? Tradekey?

    http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=envelopes&IndexArea=Products&fsb=y

    When ordering overseas you would usually have to buy a half million, but at fractions of a penny pricing. Maybe 5-10 people can go in on it together so everyone can get the pricing, but not get stuck with a 500,000 envelopes

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Holy cow Jared Vidales

    that's a lot of envelopes. As Michael Quarles said, I should be good now. I forgot to call them today though.

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    I nosed around a little yesterday and found this one: http://www.envelopesuperstore.com/envelopes/paper/pastel/blue/envelope-2202.html

    I've been using #6 3/4 (3 5/8 x 6 1/2) with good effect. When I tested against invitation (A sized) envelopes, there was no appreciable difference except the price.

    This place has pastel colors, and you can add peel and stick. An order of 5000 would only be 0.015 cents apiece, but you'll pay the same $79.57 whether you order 5000 or 9500. At 9500, they're less than a penny apiece at 0.008 cents.

    Sounds like a great bargain...I could blow through that many in one summer.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Jerry Puckett I looked at your link and I think you misread the price. The pricing chart is per thousand. For 5000 envelopes, the price is $39.99 per thousand. However, I'd love to be wrong about this, and will place an order today if I am.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    14y

    Perhaps we need to pool our resources and do a bulk envelope purchase among multiple BP members? Only question would be whether the extra shipping charges would negate the savings...

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 509 posts · 134 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Perhaps we need to pool our resources and do a bulk envelope purchase among multiple BP members? Only question would be whether the extra shipping charges would negate the savings...

    I could help getting in contact with the cheapest supplier who's match a criteria everyone can agree upon. I have some experience dealing with Chinese manufacturers, and they're fairly easy to swindle their prices down to nothing, since all they really care about it making the sale. Usually their prices are FOB(free of board), so shipping would be free.

    Since theyre the manufacture, you can specify exact size, color, paper, weight of paper ect. And it looks like if you buy 500,000 you get each piece @ 0.005.
    So 1,000 envelopes would 5 bucks. Let me know if you guys want me to get all this info for you.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Not to be a butt head here.

    If you spent this much energy on finding sellers the penny or two would be insignificant. I'm all for being financially responsible however my goodness go buy a friggin house.

    Too many investors get caught up in the cheap ****. Start retooling your thought process from how much can I save to how much can I make.

    Stop flying discount and start flying first class. Eat a 25 dollar hamburger and uncork a 400 bottle of wine. Unless you're not worth success. If you don't believe you are neither will anyone else and no matter how cheap envelopes are it won't matter.

    Okay done ranting.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.