Looking for a good direct mail letter

Looking for a good direct mail letter

Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2008 · 139 posts · 5 votes

Does anyone have a good example of a letter that they use to do direct mailings? I've been thinking about starting a mailing campaign to pre-foreclosures, but I'm in need of some inspiration.

0Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
17y

When I send out my postcards. They are worded in such a way that it is not intimidating and also, if you have seen my truck, my postcard is not yellow it is money Green.

If I send out 100 postcards which I do every mth. I get a minimum of 18-25 call backs, but they don't call me. They call my 800# which is live and answers all my calls based upon scripts that I have given them and tweeked.

Once all info is answered they forward the info to me and I can sit at my computer or blackberry and determine if that is a deal or not. I call all individuals back and let them know that there deal is not for me or it is, but I give them advice on what they should do whether a short sale, deed in lue of foreclosure or try and sell.

Been using the same postcard for 7yrs now and would not change it for anything.

Letters must be opened. I do not care what color it is. People in trouble get bombarded with letters and documents. They are overwhelmed and many of them can not handle the pressure.

Postcards are cheap and EVECTIVE.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2008 · 387 posts · 8 votes
    18y

    The author of
    [AFFILIATE LINKS REMOVED]

  • Real Estate Coach · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2008 · 204 posts · 188 votes
    18y

    If I were you I would learn to write my own. Get yourself a good dan Kennedy book on writing sales letters, or you can get prewritten letters in many of the foreclosure books out there.

  • Real Estate Coach · Oakton, VA · Member since 2008 · 695 posts · 43 votes
    18y

    To be successful you need to learn the art of direct mail and to be able to write your own letters.

    You need to be able to write letters for pre-foreclosure, bankruptcy, absentee landlords, etc...

    A well written letter is worth its weight in gold.

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2009 · 32 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    Wow a three page homeowner letter. Don't you guys think that is a little long?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    17y

    I've used the Bill Barnett letter from Dumb Enough to be rich. It generates a good response. I knocked it down to two pages.

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    To all the real estate coaches and realtors on this post. Never heard of such. I mean I have, but if I am in trouble with my home, why would I sit down and read three or four pages of the same stuff about how to save my house.

    I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

    POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE. You let Barnett send his letter and let me send my postcards and I guarantee that my postcard will get read before his AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

    I usually charge for this info, but you have enough real estate coaches on this post that will be glad to take that honor.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    17y

    What are you saying on your post cards?

    What color are your post cards?

    What percentage response are you getting?

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    17y

    Someone told me something about a "Yellow Letter" they said it was really short just a small paragraph and supposedly it gets great response. Either that or a lot of people got suckered into buying this "yellow letter tempelate" lol

    A high volume wholesaler friend of mine in Tampa, FL said to use SalesTeamLive. If you have the budget it may be worth it I guess.

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    When I send out my postcards. They are worded in such a way that it is not intimidating and also, if you have seen my truck, my postcard is not yellow it is money Green.

    If I send out 100 postcards which I do every mth. I get a minimum of 18-25 call backs, but they don't call me. They call my 800# which is live and answers all my calls based upon scripts that I have given them and tweeked.

    Once all info is answered they forward the info to me and I can sit at my computer or blackberry and determine if that is a deal or not. I call all individuals back and let them know that there deal is not for me or it is, but I give them advice on what they should do whether a short sale, deed in lue of foreclosure or try and sell.

    Been using the same postcard for 7yrs now and would not change it for anything.

    Letters must be opened. I do not care what color it is. People in trouble get bombarded with letters and documents. They are overwhelmed and many of them can not handle the pressure.

    Postcards are cheap and EVECTIVE.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    17y

    Great post Douglas. I'm starting to really consider hiring a virtual assistant/ live operator for my toll free number inbound calls. Is there a specific company you recommend?

    Have you had any luck outsourcing your leads to Realtors for a profit?

  • Accountant · greenwell springs, LA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 43 votes
    17y

    Douglas,

    Can you post a picture of what your postcard looks like?

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    Hello Stephen and Blake. I use PAT LIVE out of FL great organization. Very reasonable and 24hr service.

    Stephen would love to post it, but if you send me your info I will send you a copy of it and ask that you do not POST IT.

    I love helping people, but I am only willing to help those that are willing to help themselves first. By you asking me for the card I feel priviledge to send it to you.

    They work and when you see it, I will ask that you send me a check in the mail. Because your deals will start coming in.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Accountant · greenwell springs, LA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 43 votes
    17y

    Douglas,

    I tried to pm you but you are not one of my colleagues?

    so i sent a request to be your colleague and i put my contact info in the message. Let me know if you didn't get it. thanks.

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    I got it and the post card is on the way. Enjoy it. Once you do a few deals with it maybe you can reach back and remember the small folks like ME.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 619 posts · 75 votes
    17y

    Doug you never sent me the letter/postcard you said you would. Could you please?

    Thanks.

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    Sorry about that. I get so many requests and stay busy until I forgot. Charge it to my head not to my heart. It is on its way.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Wholesaler · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 49 posts · 4 votes
    17y

    Can i see? [EMAIL REMOVED]

  • Real Estate Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2009 · 271 posts · 52 votes
    17y

    i want one as well [EMAIL REMOVED] thanks in advance

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2009 · 230 posts · 138 votes
    17y

    Douglas, I am just starting a marketing campaign and I would love to get your postcard as well. Hugely appreciated!!

    [EMAIL REMOVED]

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    I have responded to all of you gentlemen. Must success and set your marketing up properly the calls will start to come to you.

    Pls send me some revenue once the benjamins start to come in.

    I usually charge for this info, but because you were not AFFRAID to ask I am honored to OBLIGE.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Real Estate Coach · Highland, IN · Member since 2009 · 151 posts · 77 votes
    17y

    we use a simple yellow letter, followed by a 5 post card campaign spread 2 weeks apart.

    It is the basic yellow letter, Hello My name is ......

    Our post cards are 4x5 inches and get in on the .29 rate.

    5 post cards following the yellow letter,,, we avg 20-40 calls per week.

    Tony

  • Accountant · greenwell springs, LA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 43 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tony Severino:
    we use a simple yellow letter, followed by a 5 post card campaign spread 2 weeks apart.

    It is the basic yellow letter, Hello My name is ......

    Our post cards are 4x5 inches and get in on the .29 rate.

    5 post cards following the yellow letter,,, we avg 20-40 calls per week.

    Tony

    Tony,

    How many direct mail pieces do you send out a week?

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tony Severino:
    we use a simple yellow letter, followed by a 5 post card campaign spread 2 weeks apart.

    It is the basic yellow letter, Hello My name is ......

    Our post cards are 4x5 inches and get in on the .29 rate.

    5 post cards following the yellow letter,,, we avg 20-40 calls per week.

    Tony


    What type of sellers are you marketing to? Absentee Owner, abandoned house etc..? Thanks
  • Real Estate Coach · Highland, IN · Member since 2009 · 151 posts · 77 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Blake Copeland:
    Originally posted by Tony Severino:
    we use a simple yellow letter, followed by a 5 post card campaign spread 2 weeks apart.

    It is the basic yellow letter, Hello My name is ......

    Our post cards are 4x5 inches and get in on the .29 rate.

    5 post cards following the yellow letter,,, we avg 20-40 calls per week.

    Tony


    What type of sellers are you marketing to? Absentee Owner, abandoned house etc..? Thanks


    Blake

    we are marketing to:

    Expired listings, absentee owners, 30-60 day late on mortgage , delinquent taxes, zip code,divorce, probate, bankruptcy, and canceled listings.

    Tony Severino

  • Real Estate Investor · Woodbury, MN · Member since 2008 · 133 posts · 43 votes
    17y

    Hi Douglas,

    I would really appreciate the post card as well and I will gladly send you some of the revenue that it earns for me.
    I sent you a colleague request with my info or if it's not breaking any rules my email is [REMOVED]

    thanks in advance,
    Lance

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.