Looking for a good direct mail letter

Looking for a good direct mail letter

Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2008 · 139 posts · 5 votes

Does anyone have a good example of a letter that they use to do direct mailings? I've been thinking about starting a mailing campaign to pre-foreclosures, but I'm in need of some inspiration.

0Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
17y

When I send out my postcards. They are worded in such a way that it is not intimidating and also, if you have seen my truck, my postcard is not yellow it is money Green.

If I send out 100 postcards which I do every mth. I get a minimum of 18-25 call backs, but they don't call me. They call my 800# which is live and answers all my calls based upon scripts that I have given them and tweeked.

Once all info is answered they forward the info to me and I can sit at my computer or blackberry and determine if that is a deal or not. I call all individuals back and let them know that there deal is not for me or it is, but I give them advice on what they should do whether a short sale, deed in lue of foreclosure or try and sell.

Been using the same postcard for 7yrs now and would not change it for anything.

Letters must be opened. I do not care what color it is. People in trouble get bombarded with letters and documents. They are overwhelmed and many of them can not handle the pressure.

Postcards are cheap and EVECTIVE.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    I replied Lance and I hope you find the post card useful. Very inexpensive and we do not follow up because we have so many leads to go mail out to. What I would do if it is a home that I am VERY INTERESTED in I will take a drive by and leave them a door hanger. Putting a good marketing campaign together is worth every dime.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

  • Real Estate Investor · Woodbury, MN · Member since 2008 · 133 posts · 43 votes
    17y

    Thanks a lot Douglas, very helpfull and will be put to good use.

  • Real Estate Investor · Saskatoon, Saskatchewan · Member since 2010 · 357 posts · 27 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Douglas Christian:
    Sorry about that. I get so many requests and stay busy until I forgot. Charge it to my head not to my heart. It is on its way.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS


    Douglas,
    This is impressive. I am in Canada, I will appreciate if you can mail this to me as well my e mail is[EMAIL REMOVED] Thanks a lot.
    So.j..

  • Real Estate Investor · Saskatoon, Saskatchewan · Member since 2010 · 357 posts · 27 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Douglas Christian:
    To all the real estate coaches and realtors on this post. Never heard of such. I mean I have, but if I am in trouble with my home, why would I sit down and read three or four pages of the same stuff about how to save my house.

    I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

    POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE. You let Barnett send his letter and let me send my postcards and I guarantee that my postcard will get read before his AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

    I usually charge for this info, but you have enough real estate coaches on this post that will be glad to take that honor.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS


    Douglas,
    This is impressive. I am in Canada, I will appreciate if you can email this to me as well my e mail is in my signature Thanks a lot.
    So.j..
  • Real Estate Investor · Suitland, MD · Member since 2009 · 136 posts · 4 votes
    16y

    Hello Douglas, could you also send me the post card,also who did you use for your answering service??

  • Real Estate Investor · Huntington, WV · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    16y

    I agree, I personally have much more success with postcards than lengthy letters. I want to get them to call me then I can explain everything... I even use a postcard with local scenery.. that way they know I'm local and it gives a personal touch. They know it is a local postcard... so they are more inclined to look at it.

    Originally posted by Douglas Christian:
    To all the real estate coaches and realtors on this post. Never heard of such. I mean I have, but if I am in trouble with my home, why would I sit down and read three or four pages of the same stuff about how to save my house.

    I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

    POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE. You let Barnett send his letter and let me send my postcards and I guarantee that my postcard will get read before his AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

    I usually charge for this info, but you have enough real estate coaches on this post that will be glad to take that honor.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS


  • Member since 2010 · 1 post · 0 votes
    16y

    Hi Douglas,
    I'd greatly appreciate the postcard as well! I will remember your generosity when I complete my first deal. I sent you a request-
    Thanks,
    Josh

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Wow Douglas, over a year later and still getting requests. Out side of a few posts at the top of this thread recommending that people actually learn to write their own copy, I've seen little else.

    Just my opinion here: if you're looking for a magic bullet, you're already cutting corners. Due diligence applies to every facet of your business.Learn your market and you'll know just what to say.

  • Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 55 posts · 99 votes
    16y

    We use Yellow Letter Marketing, just Google Yellow Letter and you'll find many companies to choose from.

    We are averaging a 11.2% response rate.

    The next MOST important question is what list are you marketing to. And the answer to that is...Inheritance List & Absentee Investors.

    Cheers :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Bowie, MD · Member since 2010 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    Hey Douglas, if you're still around. Could you email me a copy of that letter? I'm sending you a request wtih my email info in it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Doylestown, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Hi Troy-

    How do you get your lists? I've used listsource but can't target all of the ones you listed.

    Thanks!

  • Real Estate Coach · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2010 · 29 posts · 16 votes
    16y

    Mark I have been using yellow letters with red ink in invitation style envelopes with up side down or crooked stamps on them. You have to think most people are getting bills every month. An invitation envelope in the mail will stand out of all that clutter.

  • Real Estate Investor · Monument, CO · Member since 2010 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    It really depends on which part of the Real Estate market you want to target. Letters will be different for every class of real estate. If you are going to market to people in foreclosure it is best to understand the foreclosure laws and foreclosure time lines in your market. Depending on what this research should determine how many letters would be in your marketing sequence. Typically a good marketing campaign would involve 3 to 6 letters or post cards. As far as the copy for letters or post cards, find a local Real Estate investing club and ask around. Also I have seen "Real Estate Guru" courses on Ebay for just a few dollars. These will also have ad copy in them.

  • Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    This note is for Douglas Christian. I would like the postcard also and am willing to pay for it.
    Thank you.
    Jayne

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Douglas Christian:

    Hello Stephen and Blake. I use PAT LIVE out of FL great organization. Very reasonable and 24hr service.

    Stephen would love to post it, but if you send me your info I will send you a copy of it and ask that you do not POST IT.

    I love helping people, but I am only willing to help those that are willing to help themselves first. By you asking me for the card I feel priviledge to send it to you.

    They work and when you see it, I will ask that you send me a check in the mail. Because your deals will start coming in.

    SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

    Hi Douglas, Is this postcard still something you're using/ willing to share? would love to see what it is that you've found 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.