inexpensive postcard and yellow letter companies

inexpensive postcard and yellow letter companies

Real Estate Investor · Roca, NE · Member since 2012 · 36 posts · 1 vote

Who do you all you all use for your postcard/yellow letter marketing campaigns that do a good job and wont break my bank account? do you all do them yourselves or hire that out? What works for you all?

Chad

0Reply
29 views

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2008 · 289 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    Chad McDaniel I have been using Yellowletters.com for mailing direct mail campaigns. Michael Quarles is the owner he's also a member of B.P

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    13y

    Hey Chad McDaniel, I do a couple different things. If it's onesie twosies like, driving for dollars in local neighborhoods, I handwrite them myself. Anything beyond that I hire it out.

    Jerry Puckett here on BP is a wholesaler who does his own marketing, but also does some for other investors. I think he gives a little discount for BP members as well, as most of his marketing business comes from BP referrals.

  • Longview, TX · Member since 2012 · 368 posts · 131 votes
    13y

    I have worked with Jerry Puckett on my initial yellow letter campaign. He has been great to work with and he was also able to source my list for me, saving me the aggravation that seems to accompany ListSource.

  • Professional · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 72 posts · 17 votes
    13y

    I agree with Shane Woods on Driving for $$, Just write up a handwritten simple yellow letter to the owners.

    A good thread on samples from @michael quarles:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/77689-marketing

    With regards to direct mail campaigns I'd go with either Quarles or @Jerry Puckett, generally you'll be able to set yourself a budget that'll fit with their prices.

    gotta spend some $$ to make some $$.

    Cheers!!

  • Real Estate Entrepreneur · Winston-Salem, NC · Member since 2008 · 101 posts · 40 votes
    13y

    Is anyone still using Sales Team Live? Seems like they do good business, but I have not tried them.

  • Real Estate Investor · Roca, NE · Member since 2012 · 36 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Have any of you used yellow letter campaign for other business ventures besides real estate? I ask because I have just picked up a line of products that I am looking to get info out to and sell to a specific customer base.

    I am confident that my competitors are not using this type of marketing. Not yet anyway!

    Chad

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Chad McDaniel:
    Have any of you used yellow letter campaign for other business ventures besides real estate?

    I've had great results with some other service type ventures: electricians, lawn service. I've never actually tried to sell a product using this type of marketing, but I don't see why not. Sounds like an interesting challenge....I'd be game.

  • Goshen, KY · Member since 2009 · 835 posts · 683 votes
    13y

    Blair H. - I used STL for a while. The results were good but they are expensive. That monthly fee is a killer. For a plain yellow postcard, you can get the exact same thing at clicktomail.com without the couple hundred dollars a month fee.

    Sharon

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Yes, click2mail.com is a good vendor. We also like imageMEDIA.com. Postcards are considerably cheaper than yellow letters (almost 1/2 the cost), so I haven't been a big fan of YLs, but I think Michael Quarles has convinced me that the best approach is probably a mix of the two over the duration of a multi-drop campaign to the same list.

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    13y

    Chad McDaniel, good bits of info here. I completely agree with Dev Horn...that you need to make sure you TOUCH each list recipient a few times over the course of several months. If you one and done, it'll never work for you. Good mix of YL + Post cards is a good bet from what I've seen here. One note whether or not you write any YL yourself, use non-standard paper sizes, and non-standard envelope sizes. They'll get noticed more.

    Good luck on your campaign(s), and feel free to jump back on here and ask more questions.

  • Investor · Rosamond, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Dev Horn:

    Yes, click2mail.com is a good vendor. We also like imageMEDIA.com. Postcards are considerably cheaper than yellow letters (almost 1/2 the cost), so I haven't been a big fan of YLs, but I think Michael Quarles has convinced me that the best approach is probably a mix of the two over the duration of a multi-drop campaign to the same list.

     If you do a campaign of 1000 letters are you mailing the people who call you multiple times or the entire 1000 over again? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    entire list 6 times using six different mail pieces. 

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    A THREAD REVIVED FROM 2013!  =)

    My post above is very old & out of date.  We don't use Click2Mail or ImageMedia anymore.

    The vendors I recommend and use these days are: YellowLetters.com & GoBigPrinting.com.  We also do a lot of bulk printing (biz cards, brochures, etc.) at GotPrint.com.

  • Vendor · Ashburn, VA · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 37 votes
    10y

    I recommend REI Letters

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.