Another Strange Caller

Most Popular Reply

Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 98 posts · 27 votes
13y

I'd leave the Russian lady alone, she sounds like my mother :)

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 496 posts · 296 votes
    13y

    Wow. I have no words... just wow.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    So, what will be the message be on the follow up postcard?

    Can't cure craziness I guess.

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 902 votes
    13y
    Did she say she's scared of the black realtors? What's the energy corridor?
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    I think she did... Not sure how she jumped from a yellow postcard to a Black Realtor...

    She sounds like she is actually going to call the FBI and report them...

  • White House, TN · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Sounds like the property my come available as soon as her family realize how crazy she is and has her locked up keep sending the cards

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 98 posts · 27 votes
    13y

    I'd leave the Russian lady alone, she sounds like my mother :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    that would be too funny if so. She did say she called her daughter in California.

    Does mom live in Texas.

  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    So my question is are you going to give her a call back? I know that may be a slightly ummm risky proposition since I'm sure you'll get an ear full, but how else do you expect to get her off your mailing list...unless you want to keep her on it until she really does lose it and just sells at that point.

  • Real Estate Professional · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2012 · 238 posts · 83 votes
    13y

    She said something about Houston, that would be in the "energy corridor."

  • Investor · Southeast, MI · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    If you really wanted to mess with her, you could pose as her and email some black realtors in the area that you would like to sell your house.

    I once had a crazy lady call me off a letter and leave a weird message. It made me wonder if she calls every piece of junk mail that lands in her mailbox. Nothing better to do I suppose.

  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 27 votes
    13y

    The Energy Cooridor is a stretch of I-10 from roughly Beltway 8 to Highway 6 where a lot of Oil & Gas company corporate offices and related industries have taken up residence.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    13y

    So did you call her back and apologize?? :-P

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    I have been thinking how sad is it to get so upset about a piece of mail. Who knows why maybe it's a cultural thing or she has other stresses going on and she is scapegoating a little. She certainly needs a hug.

  • Oakville, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 48 votes
    13y

    @Michael Quarlesjust my 2 cents:

    Her message reminds me of an actual story (not in Canada or the USA) where someone was killed by a hit man, because they did not want to sell their house to the potential buyer.

    It sounds like this lady has unresolved fear (due to a traumatic experience) and she is in fight or flight mode. She has chosen to fight and she is letting you know of all the big guns she has (i.e. the Mayor, her daughter, etc).

    She has obviously been approached by several realtors, who happened to be black?? and I really don't want to go there! I am sure she has also given them (realtors) an ear full.

    This situation has given her the perception that "everyone" is after her, and now she is afraid of going outside.

    You should call he back and clarify things with her so that she will have peace of mind.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    I think she left her number at the end of the message.

  • Oakville, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 162 posts · 48 votes
    13y
  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    At first, I thought I heard the "black realtor" thing, but after hearing it again, was she saying "blackmail artist?"

    That's pretty crazy stuff, but I have heard similar. Mine were customers wanting us to buy their house because they were afraid for their lives after having a DirecTV installer who knows where they live...unreal.

  • Landlord · Ontario, CA · Member since 2012 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    13y

    I would be scared to death if someone left me those messages on my phone.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    that call is nothing.

    F bomber.

  • Landlord · Ontario, CA · Member since 2012 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    13y

    I'm left speechless. . . .

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Oh my! I was laughing so hard. It goes to show there's a lot of crazy people out there....and yeah, your marketing is working :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    I still recall when I had a house for sale FSBO and it was under agreement but I left the sign out (just in case the buyer's funding fell through, or buyer backed out, etc.). One lady started calling EVERY day, repeatedly even after I told her it was already under agreement. She said things like there was a conspiracy to take her money. I saved some of her VMs just because people might not believe how there are nuts out there walking the streets ...

  • Investor · Cypress, TX · Member since 2013 · 403 posts · 59 votes
    13y

    I want to thank you Michael for posting those. Pure enjoyment!

  • Antelope, CA · Member since 2012 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    13y
    Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
    that call is nothing.
    F bomber.

    How often do you get these types of calls and what the hell do you say on your postcards? :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    postcards are very polite. The F bomber call was a simple yellow letter caller was from New York And not often

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.