Another Strange Caller

Most Popular Reply

Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 98 posts · 27 votes
13y

I'd leave the Russian lady alone, she sounds like my mother :)

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 171 posts · 46 votes
    13y

    @Michael Quarles

    That woman most likely has some mental health issues that she is struggling with. I don't find the message particularly funny but don't have anything against you posting it if her personal contact information were removed. I hope you reconsider and either pull it down, remove the personal info or a mod does one of those. You're setting that woman up to be harassed and conceivably are putting her in harm's way by keeping it up.

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    I say, leave the post up. She did leave a message. It may ultimately attract the kind of professional helps that she needs.

    The lesson: you'll never convert 100% of your callers responding to a marketing piece. Some want to sell (or buy or borrow) and some can't pull it off, don't have the capacity, delay, vacillate, recant, etc. I'd much rather have someone that knows for sure they don't want to do business today.

    Of course, when your caller sobers up or comes down off the heavy meds(or gets back on her meds) you can re-contact her and use your "that was then, this is now" approach and tell her that she wasn't feeling well the last time you heard from her.

    I've got a checkbox for crazies like her, but alas, money is money (if you've got the stomach for dealing with garage sale of society).

  • Real Estate Agent · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2011 · 149 posts · 54 votes
    13y
    Awesome! Lol Sounds like my typical day working here in NYC.
  • Real Estate Agent · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2011 · 149 posts · 54 votes
    13y
    Awesome! Lol Sounds like my typical day working here in NYC.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    13y

    Dude, I've got to know what your postcard says.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    13y
    I agree with Bill W. that you are setting that lady up for some trouble by leaving her number in the recording. Anyone can easily note her number and misuse it. I appreciate you sharing your experience and I am sure a lot of people find it extremely helpful, but leaving someone's personal information like this is taking it a bit too far, IMHO.
  • Tri-Cities Area, TN · Member since 2012 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thats awesome! When I first started direct mail, I actually answered an incoming call with a very similar homeowner on the other line. Had no idea what I was doing, and he said he could hear the fear in my voice!! He was right. lol

  • Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
    12y

    Thanks for sharing @Michael Quarles . Its pretty amazing how worked up some people will get over a simple mail piece. I haven't had anybody swearing at me, but have had people go on about what a bad person I'am for preying on homeowners. I did have a lady that never contacted but did have the state attorney general's office contact me. On the other hand I've had people that were very nice in saying they have no interest in selling their house.

  • Real Estate Investor · Palatine, IL · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 22 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Alex Baev:

    I'd leave the Russian lady alone, she sounds like my mother :)

     omg mine too rofl

  • Real Estate Investor · Palatine, IL · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 22 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

    that call is nothing.

    F bomber.

    What's your standard procedure these days for dealing with these "i'll track you down and shoot you in the ****ing head" calls?

  • Specialist · Cottonwood, AZ · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Hahaha!! This was awesome! poor lady

  • Investor · Waynesville, NC · Member since 2014 · 408 posts · 121 votes
    11y

    The F bomber both scared the Hell out of me and made me laugh hard! I just sent my first round of yellow letters and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of response.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    You're a menace to society! You are literally the boogeyman to these people lol.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.